Author Topic: *SPOILER* The U2 Experience & passing it down to generations (Giants Stadium II)  (Read 2557 times)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: *SPOILER* The U2 Experience & passing it down to generations (Giants Stadium
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You know I remember thinking about "MOS" when they were playing it and how it showed 75% of the band (come on Adam...) singing their hearts out.  Good point!

For those wondering how my daughter liked the show, here's her Facebook status (before the Mothers decide to set a mob after me brandishing pitchforks and torches...Her account is more secured than Fort Knox and no one can contact her outside of family. Also anything she does is copied and sent to me). Anyway, here's her latest status:

"Went to the U2 360 tour last night. Got blown away. Muse opened for them and were great. But U2 was just too amazing for words. OMG OMG OMG!!!!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

That's awesome Gravy11!  Good for you!  U2 are set for the next few decades!   :D
@ countrygirl - get ready for lift off!  You'll be forever changed...

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
Gravy, what an awesome moment to share with us.  Oh, and from one Adam Ant fan to another - be proud!

There is something to be said for passing U2 on to the next generation. Just as my older brother passed the Beatles on to this child of the 80's. My GF has a 13 year old daughter who, out of nowhere is becoming a U2 fan. Okay, maybe it is not out of nowhere, maybe it is from riding in the car with me schooling her with my Ipod. After having already bought two seats early on to the Charlottesville show, we were unable to get her a third. I am happy to hear that the band MIGHT be coming to Clelveland around the time of  her birthday in 2010 because I would really love U2 to be her first concert.  No matter where your seats are, it is a fantastic show when these four are at the helm.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
Re: *SPOILER* The U2 Experience & passing it down to generations (Giants Stadium
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »
Yea, my daughter had wanted to go to see the "Vertigo" tour but at the time, she was not really a fan and I felt she wouldn't fully get it. Four years later.....She got it alright!!!  :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
I was there with Juls too!! I understand every feeling you expressed so beautifully!

You ROCK Gravy!!!!

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 02:50:22 PM »
Yes Yes YES!!!!!

Love the whole description, as it was my concert!!!