Author Topic: *Spoiler* For those who are disliking 360, a question...  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
*Spoiler* For those who are disliking 360, a question...
« on: September 26, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »
I know you're always going to have people who aren't happy for one reason or another with a tour.  The one thing tyhat's confusing me is the amount of people complaining about the amount of songs being played from "Nloth". Now I mean this very genuinely...It's a tour to support "Nloth" so why would they not play "Nloth".  If you didn't like "Nloth" then why would you go to the tour? Look at Vertigo. The stlists were littered with Bomb songs. Elevation? Same deal. ZooTv...Come on now...Pretty much the whole album. You get my point. I just don't understand the amount of surprise that U2 would play their latest songs.  People really seem pi**ed. When it comes to U2, I like "Pop" the least. It's not a bad album, but it's not the U2 I like. I went to Popmart expecting to get slammed with "Pop" songs and I was. So for those who are really surprised and annoyed, I'm just curious why, when for 33+ years, their tours have been modeled after their latest release. Not looking to get into a debate about why and why not. I'm just curious as to what you thought you would hear on 360 that you're not hearing. Is it a lack of major variety? Is it the 4 Nloth songs in your face from the end of "Kingdom" (which has changed)? If it's variety, you have to remind yourself that this is an outdoor concert with 1-2 shows per city at most (except for Dublin). THe setlists have to be comparable or the people who heard "UTEOTW" but not "Bad" would be pi**ed and vica-versa. I don't know. I saw both shows in NJ and sure I would've liked to hear "One Tree Hill" or some other "not often played" song but I knew what I was getting into and I would go back to back again. Thoughts?

Offline TheHype

• Babyface
  • No spoken words, just a scream
Re: *Spoiler* For those who are disliking 360, a question...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »
I don't understand people not wanting the new songs played on the tour, so I agree with your post. I think there are two 'schools of thought' on this issue. Some people want a greatest hits set list, and some people like a set list with more obscure songs. I am definately in the latter group. I could go the rest of my life and not see SBS, WOWY, Pride, etc. never performed again. Maybe I'm too old school. Glendale, Las Vegas, and Pasadena will by my 32nd, 33rd, 34th U2 shows, so maybe I've seen the old classics too many times. My perfect set list would be the entire new album with a dozen older songs mixed in. Looking forward to seeing 'The Unforgetable Fire' and 'Ultraviolet' this tour.