Author Topic: Hi, I'm Pam and Bono kissed me in Chicago  (Read 5403 times)

Offline pamnian

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hi, I'm Pam and Bono kissed me in Chicago
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »
I'm new to the @U2 community and some of the people who were there when Bono met fans before Chicago 1 (sept 12), are @U2 members, so I thought I'd better join.

I'm a long time fan (grew up in Chile, so just saw my 6th show) and would love to stay in touch with some of the fans; I'm pretty busy and a little computer illiterate, so my hubby will help me w/ pics &/or videos to post (I have some good ones!).

Thanks for, so far, making it easy to join!

Pam

Boom Cha!

Re: Hi, I'm Pam and Bono kissed me in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
Welcome to this crazy forum, Pam.  :)

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:00:47 PM »
Hi Pam!

glad to "see" you here!

I see you have meet Boom Cha! (what ever you do, do not forget his !, it makes him mad!)

many of us "older ladies" hang out in the OLC or Old Ladies Club, Boom visits us from time to time as do some other teens and older gentlemen, but that is where I usually am along with CGE (oh it is CantgetenoughU2) by the way we call her CGE, forgot to let you in on that tidbit, sorry) and some of the other ladies that met you in Chicago.

You will meet Lisa I am sure she will be in shortly she is a night owl and checks in on everyone, she is the sweetest person EVER!!!

(oh PS, if you have any images you want to share with myself you should get an email from me with a photo, if the photo won't open let me know I left it as a big file so you could see everything!)

countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »
Hi Pam, Just one quick question......What did Bono's lips feel like?

countrygirl

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 06:13:27 AM »
Where are my manners, WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME PAM!!

I got a little distracted with the Bono Kissing you thing. :D

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 06:45:14 AM »
Pam,

Welcome! YOu do know now that the "Bono kissed me" is your calling card for life! Don't forget to check out the Bono thread. Looking forward to seeing you on the threads!

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
Welcome Pam!  Now down to business... what does he smell like?  *drifts off into wonderful daydream where she is Pam and is getting kissed by Bono*

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 10:51:20 AM »
Welcome Pam (you lucky girl you! ;))  It is wonderful to have you here . I see you have met some of the lovely ladies of the OLC Thread! Come visit us there so we can chat!!  StrongGirl (AKA Lisa).   

Aww....thanks for the compliment onetree!

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Pam, Just one quick question......What did Bono's lips feel like?

LOL oh CG :D .......*also wants to know what they felt like*..... :-*

Welcome to the forum, Pam! :)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:48:38 PM »
Welcome, Pam!

I'm a Larry-girl, but wowzers:o  Lucky you!  *We won't tell Ali!*

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
Hi Pam!  I was there on Sept. 12 too and while he did not kiss me  :'(  I did TOUCH BONO'S ARM!  ;D  Welcome to our crazy little corner of the web.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
Welcome Pam, I'm ocean (aka pam)  :D
Kissed Bono huh? Wow what every girl dreams of.
Have fun here!

Offline pamnian

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great welcome :D
Well, to be honest I have to say it was all so fast, and when you ask a rock star like Bono if you can have his kiss, you expect him to ignore you or don't hear you or whatever, but what you DON'T expect is that he'll say "Sure!" and SMACK, there it is!!
I have to say the one thing I do remember is thinking "mmm, I wonder if I should try to kiss him on his lips" which I could have done because his head was square with mine, but my hubby was behind me videoing it all, so I had second thoughts, and that's all it takes! that split second is gone and I can't complain!!!!
So, basically, I don't know that I can tell you what his lips feel like, but I guess I don't care because it happened & it made my day!! now I just need to meet Larry & Adam (and yes, maybe I can talk my hubby into letting me kiss Larry on the lips as he is not at all jealous of him; Bono on the other hand........is "the other man").
Sadly, I have video of all EXCEPT "THE KISS" because he tried to get a pic of Bono and me and just missed it!!!!!   so if anyone out there has pics or footage, PLEASE post it, or email it or whatever; I'll post all I have as soon as my hubby's back from a business trip.

Many thanks again, and looking forward to joining you at the OLC thread (although not sure what it is  :) so let me know how to get there....

Pam

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »
Well darn! I was just about to ask if there was video of this kiss, and then I read that there wasn't :'( Oh well, we can live vicariously through words just as well as video! :D

If you head over to the Real World section of the forum, and then enter The Lounge, you should find The Old Ladies Club (OLC) on the front page there :)

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »
Hi Pam-
I am glad to find you. Welcome to the forum. I am going to private message you my email. I have some pictures of Bono from right there but none of you and him. I do have the picture of us though. I did try to send them via the email you gave me on Snapfish but I am not sure you got them.
Look for your pm and then talk to me via my gmail account. I dont come into the forum very much anymore.
Talk to you soon,
CGE