Author Topic: Hi, I'm Pam and Bono kissed me in Chicago  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Bonoffee

• Acrobat
  • Excise is a small price to pay for bliss.
Re: Hi, I'm Pam and Bono kissed me in Chicago
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum Pam! :) You're one lucky girl! I'm jealous! ;) Looking forward to seeing you around on the boards!

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »
Welcome Pam!  :D  This is the best U2 forum around!

andhere's the best part of the forum (the OLC)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »
Hi Pam!

I'm a Larry girl too, but I'm happy for you. How long before you finally decided to wash you face?  ;)

countrygirl

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
Pam, please join us in the Bono rocks my world thread, so we can talk about the important issues. (lips, smells, sweat, ect.) See you over there. ;D

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Hi Pam,

I was standing behind you as Bono kissed you.........I'm the one that wanted him to sign my AMX card!!  In the rush of everything I totally missed him kissing you. I think I was in shock and everything happened so fast!!!

Glad you joined us and look forward to reading your posts!!!

Juls

Offline pamnian

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 06:08:18 PM »
Juls, I'm guessing then you don't have a picture of THE kiss :-(
....if you do, I would be sooo greatful!!!

and to the rest that were there, I haven't forgotten to post pics/ video of what I've got, we are just having computer "issues" (ran out of memory and are upgrading, but waiting for the new & improved version of our Mac, etc, etc ,etc....)  any suggestions on where I can put this in the meantime (anyone familiar with Picasa from google?)

Pam

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 08:33:37 PM »

and to the rest that were there, I haven't forgotten to post pics/ video of what I've got, we are just having computer "issues" (ran out of memory and are upgrading, but waiting for the new & improved version of our Mac, etc, etc ,etc....)  any suggestions on where I can put this in the meantime (anyone familiar with Picasa from google?)

Pam

Pam, no sorry. I didn't get a picture. For the first several minutes my mind shut down and I forgot that I had a camera - think I blacked out from excitment for a few minutes.....LOL!!!

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »

Pam

Pam, no sorry. I didn't get a picture. For the first several minutes my mind shut down and I forgot that I had a camera - think I blacked out from excitment for a few minutes.....LOL!!!

plus she couldn't take a picture and hand Bono her American Express card to sign at the same time.   ;D

Offline bowlingbono

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great welcome :D
Well, to be honest I have to say it was all so fast, and when you ask a rock star like Bono if you can have his kiss, you expect him to ignore you or don't hear you or whatever, but what you DON'T expect is that he'll say "Sure!" and SMACK, there it is!!
I have to say the one thing I do remember is thinking "mmm, I wonder if I should try to kiss him on his lips" which I could have done because his head was square with mine, but my hubby was behind me videoing it all, so I had second thoughts, and that's all it takes! that split second is gone and I can't complain!!!!
So, basically, I don't know that I can tell you what his lips feel like, but I guess I don't care because it happened & it made my day!! now I just need to meet Larry & Adam (and yes, maybe I can talk my hubby into letting me kiss Larry on the lips as he is not at all jealous of him; Bono on the other hand........is "the other man").
Sadly, I have video of all EXCEPT "THE KISS" because he tried to get a pic of Bono and me and just missed it!!!!!   so if anyone out there has pics or footage, PLEASE post it, or email it or whatever; I'll post all I have as soon as my hubby's back from a business trip.

Many thanks again, and looking forward to joining you at the OLC thread (although not sure what it is  :) so let me know how to get there....

Pam

Hi Pam! Welcome to the forum. I am new as well. I met Bono and Edge in Cleveland back in 2005. I also asked Bono for a kiss when he was autographing someone else's stuff and he stopped and looked me right square in the face and smiled. I got the smile but no kiss. I actually felt a little foolish asking and I think my face turned red. I smiled back but it was cool that we made eye contact. As for Edge, I talked to him for a sec. This girl next to me made a poster that read "Edge it's cold outside. Can I have a hug so I won't be Numb". It was soooooo freaking cold out!!! Her poster was decorated with X-mas lights that were blinking. When Edge came over to us I said to him "look what she made for you" and he held the bottom of it and read it and smiled. he replied back with a "well, they (meaning the bodyguards) won't let me hug anyone but I would love to sign your poster. he signed her poster then he came over to me and I asked how he liked Cleveland and he replied with "it's cool" after he handed my album I stuck out my hand and he shook it. I also shook Bono's hand too. I didn't want to wash my hands after it, lol! They both have really soft hands as I remember. I also remember making eye contact with Edge. Such nice men. I really wanna meet Adam. He is such a good looking man!!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »
Hi Pam and bowlingbono, and welcome!  COOL!   8)  That's too bad about the pic pam but hopefully someone caught it! 
That's awesome though about the kiss!  one thing - I wouldn't try to kiss Larry... you might get a curse out of him or more!  ;) 

I'd suggest uploading to flickr.com as there's an atu2.com group there with lots of great concert photos & you can get a free account but there's certainly other sites like photobucket and snapfish, as well as other U2 fan site galleries. 

@bowlingbono - too bad about the hugs but glad you had a chat with Edge & Bono, and got autographs!  Good for you!   

Have fun in the forums - there's lots of fun fans here to meet and share your joy for the band! 

Offline jtreegirl

• Babyface
  • the sky falls & you feel like it's a beautiful day
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »
Hey Pam!  Welcome from another newbie who is EXTREMELY jealous!!!

Ok, I gotta know...did Bono smell good?  What did he smell like? 

Oh yeah, and my husband knows that Bono is on my "list"  You know, the one that all would be forgiven if you hooked up with  lol!  The list always is comprised of celebrities.  Bono is #1 on my list - I'd have kissed him straight on the lips....well...if I would have had enough balls! 

Hell, if I get to talk to Bono, I'm requesting a kiss!

So, where did you see him?