Author Topic: Tonights set list-ok now are we in trouble?  (Read 4107 times)

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
Re: Tonights set list-ok now are we in trouble?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If they are only playing 5 songs from the new album every single night, then sure panic away. It is only a few dates where they played 6 or less songs from the new album.

Again, freakin' ''SPOILER'' -_-

Dude if people are reading up on the Tour forum then they should know we are discussing the tour. If they don't want spoilers then stay out of this forum.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »
If they are only playing 5 songs from the new album every single night, then sure panic away. It is only a few dates where they played 6 or less songs from the new album.

Dude if people are reading up on the Tour forum then they should know we are discussing the tour. If they don't want spoilers then stay out of this forum.

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
I REALLY want to hear No Line in Phoenix.  I absolutely love that song!!  It is so great live too!  YBR= boring

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »
Give it time, it was only one day where they didn't play more than 5 NLOTH songs.

If they do it again, and then once more, maybe there is a bit of worry there.

Offline jrnyc

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
I saw both shows at Giants Stadium last week. Those were my 14th and 15th U2 shows since 87. I think the set-list is average at best. I am OK with the new songs, but they are most on the slower side and need to be put into the show at the proper places. Night 1 Giants Stadium they were, Night 2 they werent. I think they need to go deeper with some of the older songs, New Years Day was on last tour, put in another older song they havent played in awhile. Also, doing the same exact encore is incredibly weak. Part of what I loved last tour was some spontaneity in the encore, at one show I was at they finished the show with Vertigo , it was the 2nd time they played it that night, it was AWESOME.

I am tempted to make a road trip to see one more show, but given very similar set-lists and same exact encore, there is little chance I will.

Both shows I went to last week were awesome, but I wish the set-list was improved.

Offline beau99

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 01:40:32 AM »
I drove three hours in traffic to see, alas, U2 basically teetering on a hideous "Best of..." tour. Five songs from the new record is appalling. I'm not even sold on the NLOTH album but want to hear the songs live for a fresh perspective. What a joke...

Is this tour suddenly becoming the Cash Cow Tour??

No.

Enough said.

Seriously, I'm glad they're not playing Unknown Caller as much now. That song is total sh**e. I really was looking forward to hearing Stand Up Comedy instead of it. Looks like it won't be happening...

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 09:22:53 AM »
I drove three hours in traffic to see, alas, U2 basically teetering on a hideous "Best of..." tour. Five songs from the new record is appalling. I'm not even sold on the NLOTH album but want to hear the songs live for a fresh perspective. What a joke...

Is this tour suddenly becoming the Cash Cow Tour??

No.

Enough said.

Seriously, I'm glad they're not playing Unknown Caller as much now. That song is total sh**e. I really was looking forward to hearing Stand Up Comedy instead of it. Looks like it won't be happening...
are you having a laugh !!!!!! unknown  caller is a great song .i loved hearing it live,i can't actually believe they have dropped it,much like when they dropped miracle drug on the last tour..why all this calling for stand up comedy to be played.. its a filler song on the album at best.its nowhere near as good as unknown caller !

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
Only 5 songs from the new album on the 2nd leg of the tour?????? Any thoughts????? And seriously why your blue room? Are they pumping passengers for sales? Does it really fit into the 360 concept? And oh yeah, ONLY 5 SONGS!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think Your Blue Room really fits into the spaceship idea...

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
I think Stand Up Comedy would be great with SBS, it can fill the spot that Bullet/Love and PEace/Please had. Although i had no urge to hear unknown caller, they shouldn't be dropping NEW songs. Why not drop Magnificent and Crazy Tonight since they dropped no line, hell just replay the Joshua Tree-sarcasm. Hopefully they'll play some more of their new stuff, i'm still shocked they didn't have a rarity in the acoustic set like White As Snow or Cedars.

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »

Nielsen -- if you see the word setlist in the title, then you can surely assume that it just might be a spoiler, can't you? Let it go, and let's assume that members who don't want to know setlists, will be careful about the threads they open. SPOILER should still be added, but please stop playing forum cop.
Thx
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:13:59 PM by Hawkmoon2e »

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
This night's setlist does worry me a little because 2 new songs were dropped... and particularly 2 of my favorite.  Unknown Caller and NLOTH.  This baffles and confuses me because when listening to the bootlegs Unknown Caller gets GREAT crowd reaction.  Also, if it wasnt working like they thought it would, why not try to move it around before dropping it, like they did with NLOTH, and One

This makes me hope/believe that maybe they are dropping it when Bono has more voice problems?  This could be the case since this is the longest streak of the absence of Pride.

Message to U2 PLEASE DO NOT DROP UNKNOWN CALLER AND NLOTH -
IF you feel you HAVE to drop one of the new songs, drop Breathe.  Of all the new songs, that one translates the least.  It seems that at least with Unknown Caller, it has found new appreciation with people who didnt like it much before.  With Breathe its opposite, people who like the recorded version arent as excited with the live version as before

As another poster commented, I do hope that if they are going to be dropping new songs, that they add new songs from the album.  Like this poster, I have been putting Stand Up Comedy right next to SBS and Until The End Of The World, an my wishful-setlist playlist.  It works brilliantly

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 11:00:06 PM »
I don't think there's anything to worry about here... they've since readded NLOTH, which brings it to SIX songs from the new album.  Considering there are only 11 songs on the entire album, that is over half of the album's songs. 

The only songs I would have liked to have heard in addition to those six songs, are Unknown Caller and Stand Up Comedy, Stand Up being the better choice if I had to choose between the two.  Seems like Stand Up would be an amazing live song, as it has all the elements of a great U2 song.

As someone else said, U2 can't please everyone with their setlists... I'm sure there are also fans saying that six songs from the new album are too much, and want to hear more from their previous albums.  I would like to have heard A Sort of Homecoming, but we can't have it our way all the time.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »
They should drop Your Blue Room. All account I've heard are that it just zaps off the energy of the crowd.

I mean people line up for hours (or even camp overnight) just to get choice spots.  And U2 gives them Your Blue Room?

Where is the justice and fairness in all that?  What have the people done to deserve that?

Cheers,

J

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
They should drop Your Blue Room. All account I've heard are that it just zaps off the energy of the crowd.

I mean people line up for hours (or even camp overnight) just to get choice spots.  And U2 gives them Your Blue Room?

Where is the justice and fairness in all that?  What have the people done to deserve that?

Cheers,

J

I think YBR is cool for diehards but should not be a part of the regular set.  Rotate it out with other songs!  Probably won't happen as it fits with the Space station bit & general theme of the show but I think I'd rather hear something else.   It wasn't at my show (Chi1) and I wasn't disappointed. 

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »

Cheers,

J

I think YBR is cool for diehards but should not be a part of the regular set.  Rotate it out with other songs!  Probably won't happen as it fits with the Space station bit & general theme of the show but I think I'd rather hear something else.   It wasn't at my show (Chi1) and I wasn't disappointed. 

Yet another reason U2 sets the standard and everyone else follows. Your Blue Room? Simply amazing they would include that song. Whether you agree or disagree with the song choice, it's insanely innovative and a very bold move. Rotate this with Miss Sarajevo or Zooropa.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:43:18 AM by Joe G (POP Goes Zooropa) »