Author Topic: Was there a DVD filmed yet?  (Read 5979 times)

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
Re: Was there a DVD filmed yet?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 08:22:29 AM »
Rose Bowl will be the DVD.  It is their last USA show and perhaps their biggest USA audience ever - 96,000 people.

They don't have to worry about repeating the same show because by the time the 3rd leg starts, they will be so far removed from it that the setlist will be totally different and a new album could have already been released by then.

Sort of like how the final leg of the Vertigo Tour was postponed and came way after the DVDs were released - Chicago then Milan - and their remaining shows were nothing close to those two as they suddenly closed with Kite and added new songs like Saints Are Coming and Window In The Skies.

Cheers,

J

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 01:04:09 PM »
Based on that logic, the DVD will be filmed this Monday at Cowboys Stadium.  Party Passes (standing room in the tiers of the end zone) are being sold for the concert.  When Jerry wants to up the numbers for an event, they will sell up to 30,000 Party Passes.  So the seated crowd + party pass folks + floor GA & Red Zone folks = btwn 120,000 & 140,000 souls.

Who would've thunk that little ol' Cowboys Stadium could set the attendance record for a 360 show??!  :D

Achtung40Life

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Based on that logic, the DVD will be filmed this Monday at Cowboys Stadium.  Party Passes (standing room in the tiers of the end zone) are being sold for the concert.  When Jerry wants to up the numbers for an event, they will sell up to 30,000 Party Passes.  So the seated crowd + party pass folks + floor GA & Red Zone folks = btwn 120,000 & 140,000 souls.

Who would've thunk that little ol' Cowboys Stadium could set the attendance record for a 360 show??!  :D

No, I don't believe so.

Achtung40Life

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »
Rose Bowl will be the DVD.  It is their last USA show and perhaps their biggest USA audience ever - 96,000 people.

They don't have to worry about repeating the same show because by the time the 3rd leg starts, they will be so far removed from it that the setlist will be totally different and a new album could have already been released by then.

Sort of like how the final leg of the Vertigo Tour was postponed and came way after the DVDs were released - Chicago then Milan - and their remaining shows were nothing close to those two as they suddenly closed with Kite and added new songs like Saints Are Coming and Window In The Skies.

Cheers,

J

And I don't believe so to that comment, either.

Offline Rob of the leads york

• Wanderer
  • i'll light your way if you light mine!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 06:48:39 AM »
They won't be doing a DVD for this leg. They can't finish it on time for a Christmas release. 

They usually do DVD's in places where they have two-night stands, but they have none anymore and U2 can't do a good show on one take.  The first night is usually the test night.

Besides, for Christmas, they have the Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary release - which also includes a concert DVD that will be their Christmas sales push.   The 360 Tour DVD will be more for Christmans 2010.

Cheers,

J

WRONG! on willie williams tour diary recently he said they were doing the dvd shortly and he explained he has been looking at the show from different angles so they catch it properly... ;D *score one for a non constantly negative poster*

Offline macphisto96

• Stateless
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
I'd say it's got to be the final show at the Rose Bowl.  And sounds like there will be some kind of broadcast attached, so likely an internet stream that will be announced probably a week before the show or something like that.

Extras for a DVD could already have been completed detailing background for the tour including footage from other songs shot throughout the tour.  They will likely have a live director they like, like Hamish Hamilton, who will do it broadcast style.  There won't be much editing needed and audio mastering won't take all that long, so even with an October 30 show they could get a DVD/Blu-Ray out if they've already scheduled everything for pressing, etc which they likely have. 

So if that last show is filmed I bet we'll likely see Unknown Caller come back a couple of shows beforehand because they'll want to get the No Line songs all in there that have been performed.  Hopefully they will do a Blu-Ray and will release the whole show unlike some past releases. 

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »

Cheers,

J

It sounds likely, Jick, but I think it's important to note that the final leg of the Vertigo tour was postponed for family reasons. Sian had leukaemia, remember?

Offline pfctsqr

• Numb
  • And a f#$@ed up world it is, too
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »
They won't be doing a DVD for this leg. They can't finish it on time for a Christmas release. 

They usually do DVD's in places where they have two-night stands, but they have none anymore and U2 can't do a good show on one take.  The first night is usually the test night.

Besides, for Christmas, they have the Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary release - which also includes a concert DVD that will be their Christmas sales push.   The 360 Tour DVD will be more for Christmans 2010.

Cheers,

J

The usual ridiculous comments, at least you are consistent,  "U2 can't do a good show on one take"  WTF !! Have you ever seen them live?

The Unforgettable Fire reissue does not have a concert DVD.

Well...its not that ridiculous really.  They do usually splice two nights together to make one concert dvd.  The mistakes are much more prominent when you go back and listen to a show off the mixing board.  You dont hear, or notice, them as much when you are actually there.  Jick actually has a point here.

ANd yes. one version of TUF remix will have a concert dvd.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »
Well I guess it's official, just got an email from U2.com about the Rose Bowl DVD filming.  Excited!!!  I will definitely be watching the live stream, and also be purchasing this when it comes out, being that the 360 tour was my first U2 concert!!!

Here's the email I got:

"As a U2.com subscriber, we wanted you to be first with some breaking news - this Sunday the band's 360 Show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena will be filmed for a dvd.

As they're drafting in more cameras to create a great film, the band has decided to allow it to be streamed live on YouTube.

It'll be officially announced later today but at 8.30pm (PT) on Sunday, wherever you are in the world don't miss the chance to see the show live and uninterrupted online. See a clip on You Tube.

As well as being able to watch the show, we'll bring our subscribers news as the week progresses from our video reporter on the ground. We'll also have bulletins from Director Tom Krueger and other exclusive video footage from backstage over the weekend.

Stay tuned, should be quite a night...

best wishes,
The U2.Com Team"

Offline debwatts

• Babyface
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 11:46:33 AM »
LA Rose Bowl is being filmed for dvd release. Just confirmed on U2.com

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 11:47:03 AM »
That's 0430 in the morning in the UK !!!!
I assume we can watch a rerun or do we have to wait for the DVD? One thing for sure though it will not be as good  a show as Wembley2.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »
Looks like my prediction hit the nail in the head.  Rose Bowl is it and I am going to be there.  And no POP songs are in sight on this tour so far, while ATYCLB gets a lot of airtime.  This is definitely one of my best moments as a U2 fan.

See you all in Rose Bowl!

Cheers,

J

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:49 PM »
The email links to this Youtube preview:

The live stream will start at 8:30pm Pacific, meaning 11:30pm here on the east coast... man I'm gonna be tired Monday morning!!!  haha!

Hopefully if Youtube doesn't repost for later viewing, someone else with computer skillz can...   ;D

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
Looks like my prediction hit the nail in the head.  Rose Bowl is it and I am going to be there.  And no POP songs are in sight on this tour so far, while ATYCLB gets a lot of airtime.  This is definitely one of my best moments as a U2 fan.

Cheers,

J

:D :D :D :D :D

I would absolutely kill myself laughing, if just for you Jick, they opened with Mofo.

One of my best moments is knowing that YOU will never see a song from Pop played live, you are not worthy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:39:23 PM by Zoost »

Offline Rob of the leads york

• Wanderer
  • i'll light your way if you light mine!
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 05:13:52 PM »

Cheers,

J

:D :D :D :D :D

I would absolutely kill myself laughing, if just for you Jick, they opened with Mofo.

One of my best moments is knowing that YOU will never see a song from Pop played live, you are not worthy.

agreed ;D