Author Topic: 3:33  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
3:33
« on: October 02, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »
I'm listening to All That You Can't Leave Behind at the moment and a thought struck me, so I apologize if someone has pointed this out before. I was thinking about the album cover with the J-33:3 on it and then I began thinking about MOS, where Bono mentions 3:33 when "the numbers fell off the clock face", similar to how the band removed the original boarding sign at the airport and put that verse on there instead, as if the original numbers fell off. Plus, didn't Bono refer to that verse as God's phone number?

Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions here (a hectic week of working overtime probably isn't helping my mind) but I just thought it was, if nothing else, an interesting coincidence. Granted, I know the ATYCLB cover features 33:3, instead of 3:33 but I thought the similarities were kind of interesting. 8) 

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: 3:33
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »
Nope, you're totally right- it's not a coincidence at all! In fact, 3:33 is Bono's favourite verse of the Bible- I can't remember the exact book right now. But it's no coincidence at all- it's the terminal in ATYCLB, and it's the time when 'God' calls the speaker in Unknown Caller. :)

Offline Zooronaut

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Jeremiah 33:3 - 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jeremiah 33:3 - 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Sounds like an ad for the next google knockoff

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »
Bono says it's God's phone number.   :D

Offline tufisbest

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »
J 33:3 is Jeremiah Chapter 33 verse 3.

The text of this verse and the lyric following 3:33 in UC are pretty easy dots to connect.  Especially when Bono refers to it as God's phone number.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 08:04:14 AM »
Haha by MOS dont you mean Unknown Caller? Haha any amount of mental lapse from a hard week cant excuse such a mistake XD

Good observation, I didn't know about the ATYCLB airport stuff, its quite interesting.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
Haha by MOS dont you mean Unknown Caller? Haha any amount of mental lapse from a hard week cant excuse such a mistake XD

Good observation, I didn't know about the ATYCLB airport stuff, its quite interesting.

Ha, you're right! I really shouldn't be operating heavy machinery at the moment. ;D

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 04:44:52 AM »

Ha, you're right! I really shouldn't be operating heavy machinery at the moment. ;D

Hahahaa oh dear :P good luck. Dont lose your face whatever you do, you might need it.

I remember losing my mind for a week when I had minimal sleep (well, around 5 hours each night, i need at least 8 hours to stay sane) and I had lost my mind - i was much more spacey than I normally am :)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 05:45:04 AM »
333 gets me my voicemail on my three mobile.

So god is my secretary?

hmmm

No idea how confused that makes me as an atheist...

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:37:04 AM »
333 gets me my voicemail on my three mobile.

So god is my secretary?

hmmm

No idea how confused that makes me as an atheist...

LOL.  ;D

Offline Chip

• Numb
  • "Hey, I've been waiting to get home a long time"
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 11:34:32 PM »
No coincidence at all, as others have said. And Bono has called Jeremiah 33:3 God's "speed dial," and we've got "speed dialing" in "Unknown Caller."