Author Topic: Finally a U2 RockBand?  (Read 13962 times)

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
Re: Finally a U2 RockBand?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 09:20:34 PM »
Oooh, this really makes me....want to eat my words! Though I still think it's far, far more fun to play a real guitar along with their DVD's I know I wouldn't be able to resist this!

"Beanie and wrap around shades"? Yep, I'd have to spring for the deluxe edition.

U2 is determined to get every cent of my money, aren't they? :D

Birdlover
Buying another lottery ticket

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
GASP!!!  This would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In our circle of friends there would be a little battle over who would be Edge (LOL)
I'm just imagining Edge through his career with various stages of hair loss and hat changeups, so excellent.  And animated PopMart Edge?  I can't even tell you how thrilled this makes me.  I don't know that I'd ever leave the house again.
I would also beg for Edge's harmonies along with Bono's lead as they've got in the Beatles Rock Band version.
Plus.  This game is nothing, unless you dress up.  LOL @ the deluxe version with the beanie and wrap around shades.

As for songs:
SECONDS - SO I CAN SING :D :D :D,
I would say Tomorrow, however... you'd HAVE to have a keyboard or it would just be silly.
Exit (I want to go CRAZY on this in my rec room... AHHH!HH!HH!H!)
AB - THE WHOLE ALBUM!  - and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANIMATE THE BULLFIGHT

EF, it's a shame that you haven't given this idea a bit more thought  ;)

Actually, I do really think this would be amazing.  How about Mirrorball Man climbing the scaffolding of the US festival, Mr. Macphisto jumping into the crowd at Live Aid, maybe include a mirrorball Trabant perched above the B-stage, and could they please animate the part of R&H where Adam is playing and the spotlight goes through his glasses and hits him in silhouette?

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »
and they need to have all the different tour stages from zootv to 360. Bullet and Fly will be good ones for guitar. Also, Until the end of the world.

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
Hmm.. I just don't see this as a good idea honestly. It might be fun singing U2 songs but their music is not a "Guitar Hero" or "Rock Band" type.

Most bands on those games have more linear and cookie cutter guitar oriented rock with soaring guitar solos. U2 is anti this in case you haven't noticed and that's not a bad thing!

Who knows, doesn't mean it couldn't be fun but still.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »
I would buy just to have a RB version of Bono's Gretsch Irish Falcon and Edge's Explorer. 

I think they could take the game to a new level by creating an effects pedal to match the delay.  I think I would also be fun if they used live recordings instead of studio recordings. So you have to also include some of Bono's side conversations, the snippets, band introductions, etc. 

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »
I would buy just to have a RB version of Bono's Gretsch Irish Falcon and Edge's Explorer. 

I think they could take the game to a new level by creating an effects pedal to match the delay.

*dies*

I really REALLY wouldn't leave the house.   ;D

Offline polyester shirt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I'm content with who I am.
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
What kid would buy this? Perhaps the parents would purchase it themselves and give it to their children as a gift. I can't picture a thirteen-year old who's more concerned with girls and debilitating rock such as KOL and Coldplay saying "Hey Mom, can you get me the new U2 Rockband for my birthday?".

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
  • beaten and blown by the wind
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »
i would be this without thinking twice.

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »
What kid would buy this? Perhaps the parents would purchase it themselves and give it to their children as a gift. I can't picture a thirteen-year old who's more concerned with girls and debilitating rock such as KOL and Coldplay saying "Hey Mom, can you get me the new U2 Rockband for my birthday?".

I would buy it  ::) :D

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »

The 20-30-40 year old kids who enjoy these types of games, the same ones who made Beatles Rock Band a huge success.  13 year olds don't play RockBand as a rule... you obviously don't know anything about past tracklists on that game, do you.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »

I would, except that i'm not really much of a gamer.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »
I would, except that i'm not really much of a gamer.

Precisely a big target market for those making the games ;)

Offline beau99

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »

The 20-30-40 year old kids who enjoy these types of games, the same ones who made Beatles Rock Band a huge success.  13 year olds don't play RockBand as a rule... you obviously don't know anything about past tracklists on that game, do you.
Actually, I've witnessed 5-year-old kids get into excellent music thanks to Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
I do like the idea of choosing different U2 character.  Maybe a JT Edge with his Ten Gallon Hat, The Fly, Adam in his orange jump suit and face mask, and Larry.....as Larry. 

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 09:08:19 AM »
I'd just put in every song, and with new releases, you could download a patch for the new stuff. 8)