Author Topic: Finally a U2 RockBand?  (Read 13961 times)

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Finally a U2 RockBand?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »
Theres no denying that it wouldn't be great for the band. even if sales weren't as great a the Beatles game, still people see it, the "modern" people the consumers.

The U2 fans would love it as well, I mean a game that could take you on a "musical journey" for U2's career, possibly with moments we didn't no about animated, genius... and compelling. Imagine recreating sunday Bloody Sunday at red rocks, The Fly at Zoo TV, I could do this all night. HAHA

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »
I heard a discussion about this on the radio.  The DJ insinuated that Bono thought a U2RB would be a good idea after seeing the Beatles RB.  Guess what came next?  "Does Bono think U2 are better than the Beatles?" ::)

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I heard a discussion about this on the radio.  The DJ insinuated that Bono thought a U2RB would be a good idea after seeing the Beatles RB.  Guess what came next?  "Does Bono think U2 are better than the Beatles?" ::)

LOL!!!!! Obviously Van Halen and Metallica do.  :D :D :D

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »
But the thing is I want to be in control of the songs which are in teh game cause i bet they jsut whack carelessly u218 on which would destroy me.

i want at least 3/4 songs of each album

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »
Well, when they made Beatles Rock Band, McCartney and everyone was very adamant that songs from all the different Beatles eras (amazing that you can say that considering they had an 8 year career) were on there.  I would imagine U2 would want the same thing. 

But I actually think the band talking about the possibility just now is a bad sign.  If this game were to actually get made then they would probably want to coincide the release of it with other U2 products like The Beatles did with the remastered albums.  It would make the most sense to release at the same time as Songs of Ascent, but that would be impossible if they haven't even started or worked out a deal to make the game yet.

Beatles Rock Band has 45 songs on the disc and six venues (not including dreamscapes), so something similar would be expected for a U2 game.  I would expect Red Rocks and Live Aid as specific venues with the rest interpretations of JTT/Lovetown/Rattle & Hum style venue, Zoo TV, PopMart, Elevation, Vertigo, and 360.

And a song list of about 50 would probably be something like 2 from Boy, 1 from October, 3 from War, 3 from TUF, 10 from JT and R&H, 10 from AB and Zooropa, only 2 from Pop, 5 each from ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and 5 between NLOTH and SOA.  That's about the right number right there, I would also expect at least one non-album track (HMTMKMKM would be very likely).  If SOA was still a new album at time of release, I would expect that whole album to be available immediately as dowloadable content.  With three or four more albums being made available over time (like Beatles Rock Band).  Those albums would probably be the remaining songs from JT, AB, and ATYCLB.  Also, maybe One is left off the game to be made available as downloadable content with proceeds going to the One Campaign like Beatles Rock Band did with All You Need is Love proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:21:30 PM by B-Wood »

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »
Total guess on included songs:

1)   I Will Follow
2)   The Electric Co.
3)   Gloria
4)   Sunday Bloody Sunday
5)   New Year’s Day
6)   “40”
7)   Pride (In the Name of Love)
8)   The Unforgettable Fire
9)   Bad
10)   Where the Streets Have No Name
11)   I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
12)   With or Without You
13)   Bullet the Blue Sky
14)   Running to Stand Still
15)   One Tree Hill
16)   Desire
17)   Silver and Gold [WLCTT unlikely due to feat. B.B. King so this makes it]
18)   Angel of Harlem
19)   All I Want is You
20)   Zoo Station
21)   Even Better Than the Real Thing
22)   One
23)   Until the End of the World
24)   The Fly
25)   Mysterious Ways
26)   Numb
27)   Lemon
28)   Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
29)   Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car [I think this would have a good chance because of Mr. MacPhisto]
30)   Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
31)   Discothèque
32)   Staring at the Sun
33)   Mofo [I said only two from Pop but I think they need Mofo if they want to include PopMart as a venue in the game]
34)   Beautiful Day
35)   Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
36)   Elevation
37)   Walk On
38)   In a Little While
39)   Vertigo
40)   Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
41)   City of Blinding Lights
42)   Original of the Species
43)   All Because of You
44)   Get on Your Boots
45)   Magnificent
46)   I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
47)   Every Breaking Wave (total guess right now, obviously)
48)   Kingdom of Your Love (again, total guess)

And Beatles Rock Band included actual chatter between the band members during recording sessions, I would expect a U2 version would be more likely to include actual speeches made by Bono during the different eras.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »
Also, maybe One is left off the game to be made available as downloadable content with proceeds going to the One Campaign like Beatles Rock Band did with All You Need is Love proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders.

AMAZING IDEA!  Bono, are you reading this?!?   :)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
Also, maybe One is left off the game to be made available as downloadable content with proceeds going to the One Campaign like Beatles Rock Band did with All You Need is Love proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders.

That is a really good idea!!!!

• Precious Stone
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »

That is a really good idea!!!!

Awesome idea! If U2 does this, they should do it with One, and then maybe release an unheard track (maybe one off of an upcoming album) for charity too. Guns and Roses had one of the tracks off Chinese Democracy available on Rock Band before you could buy it.

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »
I don't know why U2 wouldn't do this. This sounds like a great idea. I hope they sell Edge's Explorer and Adams Banana Bass.

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »
If this came to fruition, I would have to break down and by a game console just so I could be The Edge.  Dibs on that gig.  I better start saving my money now so that my wallet can handle this future financial crisis, because if this happens, then I'm buying it.

Offline MEMORY_MAN

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I must follow the path to the endless road...
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 04:29:18 PM »
What an awful idea. Why not give people U2Studio, where you could remix and redub over original tracks?

To each their own.  What about both ;)

IN THE SAME GAME! Hey, I can dream, so I'll dream out loud!

This was the idea back when ZOO TV came out; you were supposed to be able to make your own U2 videos over song remixes for the SEGA CD System. Anyone remember this?

I remember that.  I kept looking for it to come out in the stores.  It would have been awesome.

• Precious Stone
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »
What an awful idea. Why not give people U2Studio, where you could remix and redub over original tracks?

To each their own.  What about both ;)

IN THE SAME GAME! Hey, I can dream, so I'll dream out loud!

This was the idea back when ZOO TV came out; you were supposed to be able to make your own U2 videos over song remixes for the SEGA CD System. Anyone remember this?

I remember that.  I kept looking for it to come out in the stores.  It would have been awesome.

I'm betting that, U2 being on the cutting "edge", if they do this Rock Band, they'll include a feature where you can remix songs.

InThisHeartland

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

I'm betting that, U2 being on the cutting "edge", if they do this Rock Band, they'll include a feature where you can remix songs.

I'm betting that, U2 being behind the curve on everything technology related, it'll be a few years from now. and it won't have the remix option.

• Precious Stone
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

I'm betting that, U2 being behind the curve on everything technology related, it'll be a few years from now. and it won't have the remix option.

Okay, we'll check in with each other when/if it actually happens.  :)