Author Topic: Finally a U2 RockBand?  (Read 13960 times)

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
Re: Finally a U2 RockBand?
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »
Dont care what songs would be on it - it would be AWESOME :D

I could learn it on actual guitar, but pfft, rock band/guitar hero's fun for the lazy people :)

Offline avsky

• Babyface
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 06:37:13 PM »
From a musical perspective, this is the most degrading thing you could do with your music. "Rockband", and "Guitar Hero" are actively decreasing the youth's susceptibility to picking up an instrument; "strumming" a piece of plastic which automatically praises the "player", despite minimal effort, is a horrible mentality to have once actually practicing an instrument; instant gratification is not the key; I played until my fingers bled.

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
From a musical perspective, this is the most degrading thing you could do with your music. "Rockband", and "Guitar Hero" are actively decreasing the youth's susceptibility to picking up an instrument; "strumming" a piece of plastic which automatically praises the "player", despite minimal effort, is a horrible mentality to have once actually practicing an instrument; instant gratification is not the key; I played until my fingers bled.

Did you post the same thing on the forum for the White Stripes?

Offline avsky

• Babyface
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 07:14:05 PM »

Hmm, considering that Jack White has vehemently criticized "Guitar Hero", I find it ironic that you would make such a statement.

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »

Hmm, considering that Jack White has vehemently criticized "Guitar Hero", I find it ironic that you would make such a statement.

It may be just as ironic that some White Stripes songs can be found on these games.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »

I really don't want to defend "Rockband" or "Guitar Hero" as I was just as sad to see U2 considering this. However, I happened to mention my feelings about it at my local music store. Much to my surprise, they told me that since these have come out, they're been seeing a lot more sales and lessons as a result.
So it's not such a bad thing in that respect. The ones who bought it and later went to a real instrument probably regret spending the money on it, though.

I did check out "Rockband-Beatles" at my local Best Buy. I watched 4 people play it and it lost any allure it had then. I can do more with a DVD player and a guitar than you can with the game. I often put on a U2 DVD and play along with Edge. Don't need a PSP and high dollar game to do it. Seems to be a ripoff to me. Save your money, get a used amp and a Strat and go for it!
Bet you'll be playing real guitar in no time! Best of all, you'll have a skill you can use  the rest of your life.
Birdlover

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »

Well yes its quite true, but I learn the piano so in a way this doesnt apply as much for me :P

I could learn guitar but I'd prefer to focus on piano, Rockband and Guitar Hero are just a bit of easy fun.

Offline The Stingray Guitar

• Refugee
  • You're in my mind all of the time,
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2009, 09:10:11 AM »

Guitar Hero has inspired many of my friends to play the actual guitar. So just like that, your wrong.

Offline lu galasso

• Babyface
  • i am lu galasso.
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 09:33:26 AM »
I hope this comes true...a full on U2 Rock Band game?!? Awesome.

Offline beau99

• Stateless
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 06:44:21 AM »
As a musician, I think you're a moron.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
As a musician, I think you're a moron.

Geez what's with the tone?! He/she was just stating their opinion.

Offline beau99

• Stateless
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 08:26:45 AM »
I apologize; I overreacted.

Offline MEMORY_MAN

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I must follow the path to the endless road...
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »
I'm a musician and have a lot of fun with those games.  I don't see why everyone has to get so serious and offended by a game.  People will still want to do the real thing.  I enjoy both.

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
All I'm saying is that It best take you through U2's career so that the fools can see. Everything from 1980's u2 to Zoo TV to 360. I mean the whole thing at least 3 songs of each album obviously at lesat 5 off achtung baby and joshua tree.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2009, 12:35:08 AM »
:D I recently bought The Beatles Rockband - unfortunately I only got to play one song before it started saying "disk unreadable" :( I've done everything I can to try and fix it, but nothings worked yet