Author Topic: Dallas are you READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3512 times)

Offline txbonoman

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Dallas are you READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
I for one am so pumped on the upcoming show. This stadium has MAJOR potential to BLOW the roof off of any show in the states this tour. Dallas loves U2 and U2 loves Dallas. Lets get it on..........................

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
Re: Dallas are you READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:25:53 AM »
U2 is spending a pretty penny to have that giant HD screen moved for their state!

Offline airventure

• Babyface
  • Have Heart - Will Travel
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
Howdy!

I'm sure ready! I got to see the second show in Chicago and have been waiting for this ever since.

So are you a pilot txbonoman? Me too. CFII, SimuFlite right-seat, and occasional Beechjet contract work. What do you do?

-Brett

Offline TexCalhoun

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 01:15:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2 is spending a pretty penny to have that giant HD screen moved for their state!
In the grand scheme of things, it's not much... Only $40,000.

The reports that it was $2 million were flat wrong.

It convoluted the cost of raising the screen to a new height for football games (for a functional screen) with the need for the screen to be raised (in a non-functional and disconnected state) to allow for appropriate sight-lines for U2's very tall stage.

Offline airventure

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
What are people doing for parking? Shelling out $30 for a parking spot? Will there be other lots available you can pay for once you arrive?

Offline txbonoman

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
Working on it Brett, lol. That pic is me flying (at the controlls of my companys CEO's Kingair.) Yes he has an instructors rating etc, lol.  Love flying always have. Drove by the stadium tonight and low and behold. The CLAW is UP. Im not sure how complete it was but they had what looked like light testing going on. Saw the center screen in a sort of inverted fashion. Im really stoked now that my very own eyes have seen the stage. Its just a matter of time. If you wanna take a look, the stage is on the nothwest side of the stadium facing the ranger ballpark. You can see the stage CLAW through the super tall glass retractable doors of the stadium. Im really hoping Jerry will open the dome so god can watch U2 as he does the boys on sunday.

Offline joelq

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 08:01:26 AM »
Man, I am SO ready! The last 6 months since I bought the tickets have taken FOREVER to get here. I just printed my Ticketmaster tickets the other day, and I'm really ready now. I also can't wait to see Muse and it'll be tricky as I'll be coming from Frisco and can't leave until 6pm. Hopefully I can get to Arlington and in the stadium just in time for Muse to start playing.

Parking-wise, I had gone ahead and bought the $30 parking back when I bought the tickets. They're in Lot 10 which is right next to the stadium.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 08:37:39 AM »

In my opinion, Dallas seems to be more of an older Pre-Acthung Baby U2 crowd.  I don't know what kind of reception the new songs will get.  Most of my friends who are U2 fans really know the one song from the Blackberry commercial. 

Since some of the Rattle and Hum concert footage was filmed in Ft. Worth, there is a connection to U2 that can be re-kindled by probably including Pride, Angel of Harlem, Desire (like the early European set-lists) back into the show.

To keep the 80,000 plus in the flow Unknown Caller should probably be left out, No Your Blue Room, Bono should not mention Obama, I am worried about the SBS ties to Iran.  The Desomond Tutu speech will probably not get thunderous applause. 

As I die hard U2 fan from Dallas, I am concerned that if the set-list is like it has been in the States, there will be a lot of complaining here in Big D.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 09:15:27 AM »

In my opinion, Dallas seems to be more of an older Pre-Acthung Baby U2 crowd.  I don't know what kind of reception the new songs will get.  Most of my friends who are U2 fans really know the one song from the Blackberry commercial. 

Since some of the Rattle and Hum concert footage was filmed in Ft. Worth, there is a connection to U2 that can be re-kindled by probably including Pride, Angel of Harlem, Desire (like the early European set-lists) back into the show.

To keep the 80,000 plus in the flow Unknown Caller should probably be left out, No Your Blue Room, Bono should not mention Obama, I am worried about the SBS ties to Iran.  The Desomond Tutu speech will probably not get thunderous applause. 

As I die hard U2 fan from Dallas, I am concerned that if the set-list is like it has been in the States, there will be a lot of complaining here in Big D.

With this much worrying, is it going to be possible for you to enjoy the concert?

Offline muthangya

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 09:48:10 AM »
What are people doing for parking? Shelling out $30 for a parking spot? Will there be other lots available you can pay for once you arrive?

There is a shopping center, Lincoln Square, which is about a mile north of Cowboys Stadium, and they allow parking in their lots with the purchase of $40 worth of merchandise from one of their stores.  You just have to display the receipt from your purchase on the dash of your vehicle when you park.

There are restaurants and other shops in this shopping center, so you're actually getting something for the $40 you would have spent for just leaving your car in another lot.  You might even be able to buy $40 worth of merchandise and return it.

The walk from Lincoln Square to the stadium is not bad at all, it will probably take about twenty minutes (twenty-four minutes according to Google Maps You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
There is a shopping center, Lincoln Square, which is about a mile north of Cowboys Stadium, and they allow parking in their lots with the purchase of $40 worth of merchandise from one of their stores.  You just have to display the receipt from your purchase on the dash of your vehicle when you park.

Hmm.  If I lost $30 regardless for parking anyway - I'd just park at Lincoln Square.  I'd look at as getting $40 dollars worth of stuff for $10.  I'd rather have something to show for my expenses rather than just car fumes.

Offline airventure

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
The Claw's up already! Ooo I'll have to go check it out! The dome appears to be closed today due to rain. Saturday looks sunny, so maybe they'll open in up and I'll try to fly over and get some photos. Monday looks like we'll have a few sprinkles, so we'll see if it ends up open or closed for the concert. 

I live only 10-15min from the stadium and drive by it regularly for work. Just a warning, on a good day highway 360 starts to bog down with traffic north of interstate 30 by 4:15-4:30pm. By 6pm you can expect solid traffic. You may want to use 161 as far as you can if you're arriving from the north.

I guess I'll just pad Jerry's pocket book and throw in my $30 for parking.
^^on second thought the closest parking now availabe appears to be Lot 14. Might as well park at Lincoln Square. I was planning on going early anyway and then we can get a bite to eat before the game and not have to splurge on concessions!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:53:19 PM by airventure »

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »
I will enjoy the concert, no doubt about it.  I just don't want to hear the negative talk. I get very defenisive when folks critize the fellers.   Dallas can be pretty critical.

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
The claw has docked with the mother ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went to New Cowboys Stadium.  I could not get into the stadium area, but driving by, I could see in thru one of the end-zones.  Suddenly, I could see and orange oblisk...and one of the green-ish batwings.  I could also see the Cowboy's video screen was raised.  Telelvision does not do the size of that monster justice.  Too bad it couldn't have been worked into the show.

Offline Bullet

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »
Get ready for a treat Dallas!

This show is FANTASTIC!!!