Author Topic: Does the band ever just get so bored with their "job"?  (Read 5125 times)

Offline avsky

• Babyface
Re: Does the band ever just get so bored with their "job"?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow Joe G- some people are so angry and willing to fight with another person!
I just came in here to say that I am sure they get tired of their job! Doesnt everyone?? Even if you love it and it pays enough to live - you still may get bored sometimes.

Hmm, I like your unsubstantiated and clearly biased commentary; it's almost like a certain news station I'm so familiar with.

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »
I just came in here to say that I am sure they get tired of their job! Doesnt everyone?? Even if you love it and it pays enough to live - you still may get bored sometimes.

:D :D

I'm sure that any job can feel like a grind at times. How does that old saying go? If you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life? Even the four guys from Dublin who thank their fans for giving them a great life probably get exhausted and have plenty of down time on the road that bores them. However, I'd like to believe that if you pick up drumsticks or a guitar or a microphone before you have gotten paid a cent to perform, and you get that "jolt" when you hear your voice or that giant "E" chord or the cymbals crash, you probably fell in love a little bit, and you wanted to get together with a few other people like you, who wanted to play for the love of creating, who wanted to play to get paid, to be famous, to be the biggest and best band in the world someday. I'd like to believe that every band thinks like this. I'd like to think that every teacher wants to be the best in the world, that every baseball player, doctor, janitor, real estate agent, or chef wants to leave their mark in the world by excelling at what they do. I rambled.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 08:51:30 PM »
I don't think you'd be human if you didn't get bored with your job sometimes. Nothing is perfect in this world.

Offline u2and

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 02:58:55 AM »
Just reading through a few threads with people getting excited over the latest U2 gig in their local town (and rightly so) and just wondering how bored you think the band get from

(1) touring- -living out of a hotel room for two years give or take
(2) playing the same songs over and over - it might be YOUR first time hearing THAT particular song live but may be the band's millionth time playing it

Im just wondering if the band view touring as "part of the job" much the same as Id consider sending an email at work or do they still feel it as fresh as they would have 10, 20 or 30 years ago?

Don't know - I'm sure some of it is boring but it beats the hell out of most of the jobs people do!

Offline beau99

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 04:44:26 AM »
I'm quite certain that they have their "off" days. Every human being I know does...

shockdocta22

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »

Hmm, I like your unsubstantiated and clearly biased commentary; it's almost like a certain news station I'm so familiar with.

??? ???

im sure they get tired of it every now and again.

For example, when they are recording for the next album.  What happens when they get a call from Eno...

Eno: meet me in the studio at 5 am....i booked it early cause its booked the rest of the day
Bono (Who just got back from partying all night because of the greatest show ever the other night) :  Sure  *curses under breath)

Yea i would get tired of that every now and again ::)