Author Topic: Spoiler: Official Reliant Stadium, Houston, Set-List; 14th October 2009  (Read 8237 times)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Re: Spoiler: Official Reliant Stadium, Houston, Set-List; 14th October 2009
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »
I felt like it too. We didn't get there too early ourselves. People who went to Dallas said that by 11am the numbers were well into 800. Houston must be a sleepier crowd, lol.

Those were awesome spots, weren't they! I didn't expect to be that close either.

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 01:18:54 PM »
Bono pictures.... Oh...I...he....hand on her back <3

*dies*

*has to come up with an eye-catching outfit*

Offline mscott

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I felt like it too. We didn't get there too early ourselves. People who went to Dallas said that by 11am the numbers were well into 800. Houston must be a sleepier crowd, lol.

Those were awesome spots, weren't they! I didn't expect to be that close either.

I knew the floor would be cool enough but I figured I'd end up in the back below the sound booth.  Sure as heck didn't expect to be right THERE!  But the amount of time it took to get U2 on the stage was about to break me.  And by the way, judging by your picture alone...were you on the OTHER side of the rather inconsiderate kumbaya circle that formed in that area?  I pretty much decided that once I was in that inner circle, I wasn't going anywhere...hunger/bladder be damned.  So to be standing there REALLY close to my neighbors and then to look over to the talkative bunch sitting "indian style" while eating nachos and pizza on the floor....yeah, suffice to say and sorry to say I was losing patience.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »
There were some deadheads where I was standing too.

Did you notice a group of Asian-Americans rocking out when Muse was out? They were about 3 people to the right from me.

Offline mscott

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
There were some deadheads where I was standing too.

Did you notice a group of Asian-Americans rocking out when Muse was out? They were about 3 people to the right from me.

Nah, once Dominic walked out and gave us a peace sign before sitting behind the drums, I was rocking out myself.  Didn't notice anyone else from that point on!

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 02:28:53 PM »
STAR!  I thought of you all evening - I'm so happy you had a great time!  Make sure you put some aloe on that sunburn!

BTW, I hope hubs does as well with my camera as Mr. S did!  AMAZING photos!

*must remember to pack Kleenex, as I will completely fall apart, too*

Boom Cha!

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »
I'm so glad you enjoyed it, SF. I'm also jealous about how close to Edge you were.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »
Glad you had an awesome First time Starfish and great pics too!   8) Thanks for sharing! 

Offline Amy

• Babyface
  • Music is the shorthand of emotion ~ Tolstoy
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 09:17:09 PM »
A little red, major sunburn from waiting in GA line.  :)

:) Thanks for sending me this link on my YT account!! I have not signed on here for a bit, so thank you for guiding me over here so I could read your opinion of seeing U2 for the first time!!  Hahaha...oh my girl I'm SO happy you had such a great time!!! That Hubby took some really great pictures!!  AND I adore the one of YOU  :)  You are SO lovely my dear Starfish...inside and out!!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:12 PM »
 :)  (((((hugs))))) stop by more often Amy  :)

Offline chickenhawk

• Babyface
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »

I knew the floor would be cool enough but I figured I'd end up in the back below the sound booth.  Sure as heck didn't expect to be right THERE!  But the amount of time it took to get U2 on the stage was about to break me.  And by the way, judging by your picture alone...were you on the OTHER side of the rather inconsiderate kumbaya circle that formed in that area?  I pretty much decided that once I was in that inner circle, I wasn't going anywhere...hunger/bladder be damned.  So to be standing there REALLY close to my neighbors and then to look over to the talkative bunch sitting "indian style" while eating nachos and pizza on the floor....yeah, suffice to say and sorry to say I was losing patience.

That's the potentially worst part of doing something like GA - inconsiderate people.  This is my 3rd GA show and 2 of them I had to deal with A-holes all night long.  This time, a group of Asian girls kept pushing into my "area" and stepping on my feet if I didn't move (I was wearing flip flops).  I ended up giving up my space and moving a few people over to not have to deal with it any longer.  Some people just suck.

However, once the show started life was very good!

Offline summer_

• Wanderer
  • do doo doo
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »

That's the potentially worst part of doing something like GA - inconsiderate people.  This is my 3rd GA show and 2 of them I had to deal with A-holes all night long.  This time, a group of Asian girls kept pushing into my "area" and stepping on my feet if I didn't move (I was wearing flip flops).  I ended up giving up my space and moving a few people over to not have to deal with it any longer.  Some people just suck.

However, once the show started life was very good!

yea this was my very first U2 concert and me and my freinds got there at like 4:30 am and we got spots right on the back rail of the inner circle. of course every over 6 ft person in the world came and stood directly infront of us sloshing beer everwhere like 3 mins before U2 came out...but i managed to stay on my toes the entire night and scooch over a bit.

i didnt even care after the show started i was so excited.
though today my calves are a little sore ;)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »
LOL, my calves are killing me. I haven't jumped this much in a very long time.  ;D

Offline IGUNASHIO

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »
And jumping with a heavy jacket on my arm wasnŽt easy thing too, but.. I enjoy it all the time. The only problem was the sweat.

Greetings from Mexico city and tnx all of you for a very very emotive show. IŽll never forget that nite

Houston, we have no problem

Offline summer_

• Wanderer
  • do doo doo
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »
And jumping with a heavy jacket on my arm wasnŽt easy thing too, but.. I enjoy it all the time. The only problem was the sweat.

Greetings from Mexico city and tnx all of you for a very very emotive show. IŽll never forget that nite

Houston, we have no problem

DUDE! are you the guy a that made the bubble jacket!?

you totally let me try it on :D