Author Topic: Calling all People that were part of the Inner Circle Mess at Cowboys Stadium  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
If you were the first few hundred people that were effected by the chaos that insued on Monday night in Dallas in the inner circle, as quickly as possible send a fax to 212-765-2372 directed to Paul McGuiness Priciple Management NYC. Make it 1 page, polite, firm, tell what happened and also what you want as compensation. Send copies to the Better Business Bureau, the stadium management, Live Nation and Consumer Affairs in Arlington if not then in Dallas. If everyone does it, it should generate a response.

Offline sister moon

• Wanderer
Please tell us what happened?

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
Here's the long version...

First I got in line at 6:30am on Monday. I was 129 in line. Everything was running very smoothly until we got into the Inner Circle. No more than two seconds later some security guy came in and started yelling at us saying that if we were wearing a blue band on our wrist that we were to get out. He said only red bands were allowed in the circle. He said it was the (RED) Zone. I and a lot of other people started yelling back at him telling him that he was wrong. He then started to threaten us with jail if we didn't get out of the Inner Circle if we didn't have the red band on. So while I was running back out to the main floor, I was yelling and cursing about we belonged in there. The rest of the event staff/security guys who were standing in the real (RED) ZONE yelled at me, "OH BOO HOO!!!" I yelled right back at him to shut up! By the time I got onto the main floor, all the good rail spots were gone, and now it was 5 people deep, and I said "this is BS!!!" I didn't get to the stadium at 6:30am for nothing. I went immediately back to the entrance to the circle and started raising HOLY HELL! I didn't care who the people were around me, but I started yelling, "The Inner Circle is GA! The RED ZONES are only on the left and right sides! I WANT F***ING U2'S MANAGEMENT OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Then all of a sudden the Arlington police officer that was head of security that night got up in the ear of one of the event security managers and started yelling like a sergeant (I don't remember most of what he said but he was totally on our side) and then I heard "...you are going to let the people back in here starting with 300...count it down now!...RIGHT NOW!!!" I helped the poor girl who was running the gate open the pen because it was stuck and I wanted to get my spot back bad before I lost it. After running as fast as I could back in I was able to get a rail spot, but now I'm about 10 feet farther than I was. The people on the main floor who were yelling and screaming at the stupid-ass security guard across the circle, all of the sudden let out a huge roar of applause because we made it back in. I thought I was going to cry, but I was so out of breath from running back and forth and yelling and screaming, all I could do was give everyone in the circle high-5's.

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
at least you got to go.. geez.. people make mistakes..

Offline u2and

• Refugee
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's the long version...

First I got in line at 6:30am on Monday. I was 129 in line. Everything was running very smoothly until we got into the Inner Circle. No more than two seconds later some security guy came in and started yelling at us saying that if we were wearing a blue band on our wrist that we were to get out. He said only red bands were allowed in the circle. He said it was the (RED) Zone. I and a lot of other people started yelling back at him telling him that he was wrong. He then started to threaten us with jail if we didn't get out of the Inner Circle if we didn't have the red band on. So while I was running back out to the main floor, I was yelling and cursing about we belonged in there. The rest of the event staff/security guys who were standing in the real (RED) ZONE yelled at me, "OH BOO HOO!!!" I yelled right back at him to shut up! By the time I got onto the main floor, all the good rail spots were gone, and now it was 5 people deep, and I said "this is BS!!!" I didn't get to the stadium at 6:30am for nothing. I went immediately back to the entrance to the circle and started raising HOLY HELL! I didn't care who the people were around me, but I started yelling, "The Inner Circle is GA! The RED ZONES are only on the left and right sides! I WANT F***ING U2'S MANAGEMENT OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Then all of a sudden the Arlington police officer that was head of security that night got up in the ear of one of the event security managers and started yelling like a sergeant (I don't remember most of what he said but he was totally on our side) and then I heard "...you are going to let the people back in here starting with 300...count it down now!...RIGHT NOW!!!" I helped the poor girl who was running the gate open the pen because it was stuck and I wanted to get my spot back bad before I lost it. After running as fast as I could back in I was able to get a rail spot, but now I'm about 10 feet farther than I was. The people on the main floor who were yelling and screaming at the stupid-ass security guard across the circle, all of the sudden let out a huge roar of applause because we made it back in. I thought I was going to cry, but I was so out of breath from running back and forth and yelling and screaming, all I could do was give everyone in the circle high-5's.

What's the fuss here? It's a bit of an over reaction. I saw U2 at Madison Square Gardens on Elevation and my friend and I walked right in ahead of the folk who had be waiting for hours to get to the inner heart. It wasn't really anyone's fault and we didn't even realise until we were ushered into a corridor but that's life!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
I am not seeing why you would contact Prinicpal Management-- security is almost always employed by the venue not the act.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
I am not seeing why you would contact Prinicpal Management-- security is almost always employed by the venue not the act.

This is the same advice I passed on via the U2Texas list. At least I'm not the only one who sees it this way.  :)

Offline sister moon

• Wanderer
Sorry that happened to you Allegra.  You'd think security would be more knowledgeable about what and where each section is.

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy

This is the same advice I passed on via the U2Texas list. At least I'm not the only one who sees it this way.  :)

Yes, although contacting the venue won't have any effect - they can't do anything (unless the band plays there again next year). It does sound like people overreacted (yelling and screaming and cursing; seriously??) but I'd think it still worth contacting Principle to let them know that this happened. It certainly wouldn't hurt Principle to throw a few free tickets or upgrades the way of the people who got screwed over by people who are, indirectly, employed by Principle management. Or even just so that they know that this has happened so that they can make very sure that the folks running security at the next gig know what is going on.