Author Topic: SPOILER: Is It Too Late For U2 To Add New Songs To Their Set?  (Read 4237 times)

shockdocta22

Re: SPOILER: Is It Too Late For U2 To Add New Songs To Their Set?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Whatever happened to Electrical Storm?  I got the impression it went down a storm on the 1st leg so what gives.  Definitely an improvement on 'Your Blue Room'.

<----- loves Your Blue Room

But even if I didn't, I wouldn't create 10 million threads about it or comment in every other thread possible about it ;)

and thats where me and you find our differences :D

I am not referring to you here, Shock.... not at all.... talking about certain people that need to remind us that they don't like Pop.  Every. Single. Day.

ok... sorry for thinking that way... :-[

and yea...i wonder who ::)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »
Whatever happened to Electrical Storm?  I got the impression it went down a storm on the 1st leg so what gives.  Definitely an improvement on 'Your Blue Room'.

<----- loves Your Blue Room

But even if I didn't, I wouldn't create 10 million threads about it or comment in every other thread possible about it ;)

and thats where me and you find our differences :D

I am not referring to you here, Shock.... not at all.... talking about certain people that need to remind us that they don't like Pop.  Every. Single. Day.

ok... sorry for thinking that way... :-[

and yea...i wonder who ::)

:D  got it ;)

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 01:02:03 AM »
I posted this on the "Stand Up Comedy Thread, but am pasting it here because it seems to fit:

I have a suspicion and hope that Stand Up Comedy will appear starting the 3rd leg.

I dont have hard evidence of this, but this seems to be when they try bringing in new(ish) songs from the latest albums.  I think this is when Wild Honey, What Goin On, Miss Sarejevo, Original of the Species, Fast Cars, The Saints Are Coming, and Crumbs From Your Table started to show much more regular basis.

Just checked u2gigs and this is correct.  Although for some of these songs, they had been played a few times on the 1st and/or 2nd leg, this was very sporadic.  They didnt start incorporating those songs in a more cosistent basis until the 3rd leg.  While some of the songs were not even introduced at all till the 3rd leg.

360 seems to have less variation comparative to Elevation and Vertigo tours, but 360 also has less nights in the same city.  I think there is a good chance of seeing the appearance of Stand UP Comedy, or at least one more song from NLOTH

only thing is... if they do add another song, will they then drop an NLOTH song?  It better not be Unknown Caller!  IF i had to see one NLOTH song dropped, I would pick Breathe.  Not because I dont like the song, but because on the record, but even more so live, all the other NLOTH songs are far better in my opinion.  Also, I can see trading Breathe for Stand UP because they have a very similar message and they can be categorized as thier more rock oriented songs.  Unless, in general they want the show as a whole to be more rock oriented. I would think a more rock oriented show would go over better in America.

I also think that in terms of selling the album and selling more concert DVDs it would make sense to see a changeup of at least 4 songs from the first 2 legs.  That way you could sell 2 different Concert DVDs much easier.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 02:09:11 AM »
In A Little While made it into Norman, didn't it? Was it played on previous shows?

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 06:01:33 AM »
Seriously, why are you guys contributing to Js remarks?  He's obviously just trolling here, probably not going to any shows, probably not from the Philippines...not really sure what else he's said, but most or all of it is probably not true.

Can he be banned or blocked?

Just wait until you watch the DVD and see a big Philippine flag being waved when the lights to Streets Have No Name will come in.

Cheers,

J

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 07:42:56 AM »
I'm going to hold up a Mongolian flag because that will prove I'm from Mongolia.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 08:23:50 AM »
I'm going to hold up a Mongolian flag because that will prove I'm from Mongolia.

lol

Offline icculus

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
It's safe to assume they will not be adding more songs to the setlists because they lack the music talent and balls to improvise. This day in age it's pretty weak that they play the same setlist on a tour. Goes to show they want to get in and out with the least amount of effort. I passed on this silly, over-the-top tour.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 10:08:31 AM »
The truth is, of course, that at the very start of the tour, a lot of people warned that they wouldn't be able to play around that much with the setlist because of the simple practicalities of a stadium tour- the sort of variety we saw in Elevation and Vertigo was impossible. And lots of people- including myself- kind of ignored that... but it's turned out to be true. Ah well, I love the set, so I'm not really complaining, however much I want to see Discotheque or The Fly or whatever!  :)

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »

LMAO!

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »
... and everyone who has an Irish flag on them at a U2 gig is Irish?

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »
Why even take someone seriously who has Bon Jovi as an avatar?

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »

We don't.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »

LMAO!

Just wait for Streets and look to the $250 seats.  Philippine flag will be there.  The one I bought is 4-feet by 8-feet.  Just google the flag so you guys know what it looks like.

My flight to LAX is in 14 hours so I am all pumped up for that.

Back to the main topic, I doubt U2 would add new songs for the DVD show because they would not know or cannot predict the audience reaction for those.

Cheers,

J

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »

We don't.

And why is someone who is such an obvious troll still not banned? You can't say "bad words" but trolling is okay? Nice.