Author Topic: SPOILER: Is It Too Late For U2 To Add New Songs To Their Set?  (Read 4233 times)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Re: SPOILER: Is It Too Late For U2 To Add New Songs To Their Set?
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 08:09:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm going to hold up a Mongolian flag because that will prove I'm from Mongolia.

LMAO!

Just wait for Streets and look to the $250 seats.  Philippine flag will be there.  The one I bought is 4-feet by 8-feet.  Just google the flag so you guys know what it looks like.

My flight to LAX is in 14 hours so I am all pumped up for that.

Back to the main topic, I doubt U2 would add new songs for the DVD show because they would not know or cannot predict the audience reaction for those.

Cheers,

J

Now any of this would assume that the camera filming actually shows your flag.  It's not going to be shot from a blimp.  We can't just "look" where you are going to be.   ::)

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 01:34:00 AM »
The Fly would probably get a good reaction. They really nailed it last tour.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
A thought just occurred to me yesterday.  What if about a 1/3 of the way through the set, Bono goes up to the microphone in between songs and says:

"And now we'd like to play a new song for you guys.  This is off our next album, and it's called "Every Breaking Wave"."

Would that be crazy or what?

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 10:36:30 AM »
U2 haven't debuted a 'new' song before recording it since 1982, so it seems unlikely.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
U2 haven't debuted a 'new' song before recording it since 1982, so it seems unlikely.

"I Trip Through Your Wires" at the Whistle Stop was before that one was originally recorded (and before dropping the "I" from the title), but that was '86 or so.

I am sure you are right that it won't be done.

I have never understood why they don't "test drive" a few of their songs first.  They always get better after a month or so on the road, so why not use that technique to help get them in shape for recording.

Offline malcolm-edge

• Refugee
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
It is very clear that they have played the same set to warm up and perfect the gig tonight. They love Vancouver and we treat them amazingly, any new songs will be Vancouver as tonight will be the 360 Tour forever! Vancouver will be the show with random songs! Im calling for Bad!