Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 458237 times)

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« on: January 13, 2009, 06:56:16 PM »
This one of the the best and funniest threads in the old forum - let's revive it!

You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when people at school that you have NEVER talked to know you like U2, and say something about them to you.

This happened to me today - my reputation precedes me!

streetmission

Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 07:41:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This one of the the best and funniest threads in the old forum - let's revive it!

You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when people at school that you have NEVER talked to know you like U2, and say something about them to you.

This happened to me today - my reputation precedes me!

Guilty as charged!  In the past an acquaintance of mine who I'd barely talked to and never mentioned U2 to them at all emailed me out of the blue and said she knew I loved U2 and was interested in borrowing a couple of albums of mine.  She's now a U2 fan! :)

You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when...

Your friends see your interior decorations and accuse you of U2 idol worship.  (Guilty as charged!)

The most mundane and random daily events and conversations somehow remind you of U2, and no one is surprised when you mention the U2 connection you have made.  (Guilty as charged!)

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »

[/quote]

You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when...

The most mundane and random daily events and conversations somehow remind you of U2, and no one is surprised when you mention the U2 connection you have made.  (Guilty as charged!)

[/quote]

also guilty as charged!

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »
You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when......

You plan to call in sick to hear the new single

luieu2

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »
your wife tells you you are  ;D

luieu2

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »
when your brain keeps singing u2 songs and you wont turn down the volume.when you line for u2 concert tickets at 1 am .when you cant get of @U2 for days . :)

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 02:51:23 AM »
when the only way of making sure you can be happy in life is by marrying another u2 fan :P

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »
When you are 24/7 on this forum  ;D
And when you plan to go to another state just to see U2

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 03:28:50 AM »
Your 8 year old starts singing "Lemon" in the vegetable section of a grocery store.

Your kids found out God's name is Yahweh from a U2 song, before they read it in their Bible.

Your friends come over to a party at your house, and before you even turn the stereo on they say "No U2!"

The only people who truly understand you are your pals from @U2 forum  :D

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 04:17:09 AM »
When you are 24/7 on this forum  ;D
And when you plan to go to another state just to see U2
or maybe go to another continent to see u2 !

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 06:17:27 AM »
..when you have no money and go to cash a cheque against your future pay cheque and wander round the venue for four hours trying to buy a ticket for a show after having already seen them on the previous four nights of the tour.

daveyg

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 06:27:16 AM »
Your 8 year old starts singing "Lemon" in the vegetable section of a grocery store.

OMG - my kids have a running "Let's embarass dad in the shops" by doing this very thing...... grocery shopping every Sat morning I have a line of young ones behind me singing Lemon. I switch off at this stage but occasionally get brought back to what they're up to after a few glares from other customers!!

Well I get phonecalls/texts/emails/asked over dinner from friends and family as the "U2 expert" on U2 things I wouldn't know unless I actually worked for U2, like, when are they playing in Dublin next, and what time will the gig start at? How many minutes long will their next album be? Does Adam shop in X shop - I think I just saw him? (did you go up and get his autograph? why not? Oh you were texting me instead!) Usually greeted by fingers to the temples of my head, rubbing in small circular motions, close eyes and do a "hang on! hang on! It's coming through!" - works every time!

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:08:05 AM »
When during English class we do "work" on the computers, and everyone around me is checking their facebook or playing games, and I am posting on @U2!

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »
When anytime someone sees me listening to my ipod they sarcastically ask if it's U2...and most of the time it is.

When I answer questions or give advice in the form of U2 lyrics...and the person knows it's U2 lyrics even though I don't say so and they've never heard the song.

When someone looked up upcoming cd releases at work and immediately called me over to make sure I knew the release date for the new U2 cd...and I did already know because of @U2.

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
I used to be a baker, and I would ALWAYS be singing Lemon when it was time to make Lemon meringue pies.

You know you are obsessed when you start banking holiday hours as soon as there is a rumor of a new cd & tour. 
I've even traded shifts with getting the promise "if I need X day off to see a U2 concert, you'll owe me & you have to work it". ;D