Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 458374 times)

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 05:56:38 AM »
....your niece (who is now 7) learns by the age of 4 who every U2 member is and what they do and whenever she sees you she says "Auntie, I love your band." 

....you are posting on this forum instead of blowdrying your hair and you will probably be late for work now... :o

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 06:13:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
....your niece (who is now 7) learns by the age of 4 who every U2 member is and what they do and whenever she sees you she says "Auntie, I love your band." 

....you are posting on this forum instead of blowdrying your hair and you will probably be late for work now... :o
just mention u2 .im sure your boss will understand :P

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Re: Seven Pounds
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 02:57:26 PM »
Well I live in Chicago Spanner, thats a start. lol

The tour is coming up, you'll have a chance to meet plenty of U2 fans in Chicago, all in one place at the same time.
Good luck!
i was lucky enough to see u2 at the united centre in sept of 2005 was in the bomb shelter stood along the runway on edge's side ... the night edge decided he wasn't going to spend much time on there :P you always meet people travelling around. i know in dublin for the croke park shows there was  alot of u2 fans off the forums,quite a few americans made it over too, we all knew eachother and we all used as an excuse to have a a good time to have a few beers and hang out
together.we carried it on til cardiff to :P

Im sure I was at that show, I went to all the fall shows here. A few nights were pretty interesting. Those of us who camped out in the GA line drank just a few to many cocktails, sitting around telling our U2 stories. I can only hope this tour is just as fun.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »
Conversation I had about an hour ago:

"I used to be obsessed with this U2 song."

"Which one??"

"I can't remember what it was called."

"Can you hum it?"

"I dunno....it was something about running across a field..."

"I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR."

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
...U2 plate on car, U2 tattoo on self, travel to another state just to see the 3D movie on an IMAX, teenager who can name that phrase of just about any U2 song - yup all the way back to Out of Control!

Earlier posts: either find a fellow U2 fan or someone who like them enough they put up with what you love - them and U2!

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »
...saw those conversation candy hearts today, and had to buy a scoop because one of them said "you too." Now I have "you too" in a little heart! Hee!  ;D

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
When you live for evenings like this, when the tracklisting and cover for the new album are announced, along with a 30 second youtube clip surfacing. And you pounce.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 06:10:12 PM »
You know your're an obsessed U2 fan when you seem to know more about what is going on in their lives than your own.

eurydice

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »

Earlier posts: either find a fellow U2 fan or someone who like them enough they put up with what you love - them and U2!
[/quote]

Actually, I may adopt that rule in the future. The current beau thinks The Pogues are Ireland's gift to rock and roll and that The Replacements were the band of the 80s. In other words, music snob.

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
You literally have no idea how many times you’ve seen the zoo tv concert film, but you know it’s many, many more times than you’ve ever re-watched any other film in your life. And, for that matter, if you were to list your top five films in order of number of times seen, it’s possible that they might ALL be U2 videos!

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »
...U2 plate on car, U2 tattoo on self, travel to another state just to see the 3D movie on an IMAX, teenager who can name that phrase of just about any U2 song - yup all the way back to Out of Control!

Cool!  What's your license plate?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
Oh are poor chldren. Brainwashing them with U2. But Im guilty as charged. And my dream is to marry a U2 fan. U ladies liking my pic over there? lol  Well I guess thats mine, using the U2 forum to pick up women. Im wasting my money at match.com. lol

Oh anthony02, you picture was admired a long time ago! ;)  I'm spoken for (darn!) but have I got a line up of smart, gorgeous ladies for you! The only problem is they live in the Big Apple. But the particular lady I have in mind travels all the time. I think long distance relationship to start is possible here. When I hear ladies say where are all the good men as they often do, I just tell them they are all U2 fans posting on the @U2 forum! Really!! I'm like the girl in the film Amelie-always trying to match make with the hope that true love blooms. Let me know if you wish ;) ;) .

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »
Oh are poor chldren. Brainwashing them with U2. But Im guilty as charged. And my dream is to marry a U2 fan. U ladies liking my pic over there? lol  Well I guess thats mine, using the U2 forum to pick up women. Im wasting my money at match.com. lol

Oh anthony02, you picture was admired a long time ago! ;)  I'm spoken for (darn!) but have I got a line up of smart, gorgeous ladies for you! The only problem is they live in the Big Apple. But the particular lady I have in mind travels all the time. I think long distance relationship to start is possible here. When I hear ladies say where are all the good men as they often do, I just tell them they are all U2 fans posting on the @U2 forum! Really!! I'm like the girl in the film Amelie-always trying to match make with the hope that true love blooms. Let me know if you wish ;) ;) .

Thanks for the comment. Ive never heard of that movie Amelie. Hey Ive never been to New York, if thats even possible. lol Maybe thats a sign. Im always interested, and open to anything.  Im the one guy who believes in all the sappy love things that happen in movies. Serendipity is one of my fav. lol  Ok we're way off topic.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »

Thanks for the comment. Ive never heard of that movie Amelie. Hey Ive never been to New York, if thats even possible. lol Maybe thats a sign. Im always interested, and open to anything.  Im the one guy who believes in all the sappy love things that happen in movies. Serendipity is one of my fav. lol  Ok we're way off topic.

Ok, you got me all excited. I wrote my reply in the wrong spot.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
 >:( Why does that keep happening??????????