Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 475155 times)

Offline Declamom

• Babyface
Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #7605 on: September 12, 2012, 07:54:50 AM »
Your 2 1/2 year old pulls out a killer Bono impression.

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #7606 on: September 12, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
You just receive a Level II Evacuation notice for forest fire ... and I can't find my 360 SHIRT!!!!!!!! Got my Lenny K set list from the Anaheim show ... Gotta take the computer down now. Bye guys. Wish me luck.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #7607 on: September 12, 2012, 03:25:09 PM »
Very fun embarrass the kids U2 moment today. We're in Roadrunner Sports trying on running shoes and orthotics, etc. and a club/dance remix of Get On Your Boots comes on. I have no clue which one as I haven't yet tried to look them up on youtube. My twins, the youngest of the bunch, roll their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and tell me to stop singing along. The girl helping us was getting us shoes and I didn't really care anyway. I didn't completely stop.  ;)

Then a friend of my oldest son comes in. He works next door at Trader Joe's. He's there to see the salesgirl helping us. We start talking about concerts. He loves that I even know the bands he likes and he tells me how amazing Firefly at Dover in July was especially Jack White and how he had tears in his eyes when The Killers played. We talked about our upcoming concerts - he's going to see Silversun Pickups and Mutemath - both bands I'd LOVE to see, but the kids have stuff those nights. :( I'm seeing Florence and The Machine, Switchfoot, and Carrie Underwood.

Then my girls start telling him how embarrassing I was earlier when U2 came on. Ha! I already knew this, but he tells them how he LOVES U2 and how amazing a band they are and their songwriting skills, etc. Then I asked him if he saw It Might Get Loud and we tell each other our impressions. He loves all three of the guitarists, especially Edge who he says "blows his mind." Yes!!!

All in all a fantastic musical afternoon!  ;D

Oh, and just have to say whoever does the playlist for the Muzak at Roadrunner is terrific! I heard Simple Song by The Shins and The Killers' Runaway too. :)

Offline Drummer Boy

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Not walking away... gonna find a better line.
« Reply #7608 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very fun embarrass the kids U2 moment today. We're in Roadrunner Sports trying on running shoes and orthotics, etc. and a club/dance remix of Get On Your Boots comes on. I have no clue which one as I haven't yet tried to look them up on youtube. My twins, the youngest of the bunch, roll their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and tell me to stop singing along. The girl helping us was getting us shoes and I didn't really care anyway. I didn't completely stop.  ;)

Then a friend of my oldest son comes in. He works next door at Trader Joe's. He's there to see the salesgirl helping us. We start talking about concerts. He loves that I even know the bands he likes and he tells me how amazing Firefly at Dover in July was especially Jack White and how he had tears in his eyes when The Killers played. We talked about our upcoming concerts - he's going to see Silversun Pickups and Mutemath - both bands I'd LOVE to see, but the kids have stuff those nights. :( I'm seeing Florence and The Machine, Switchfoot, and Carrie Underwood.

Then my girls start telling him how embarrassing I was earlier when U2 came on. Ha! I already knew this, but he tells them how he LOVES U2 and how amazing a band they are and their songwriting skills, etc. Then I asked him if he saw It Might Get Loud and we tell each other our impressions. He loves all three of the guitarists, especially Edge who he says "blows his mind." Yes!!!

Oh, and just have to say whoever does the playlist for the Muzak at Roadrunner is terrific! I heard Simple Song by The Shins and The Killers' Runaway too. :)

I liked your story!

Although all the time, while I read, I was wondering
if busy5mom , right above your post, had escaped the fire,
and, more importantly, found her 360° T-shirt.  ;)

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • We live inside a dream
« Reply #7609 on: September 12, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
When you force your AP Language Arts teacher to play Shadows and Tall Trees after finishing reading Lord of the Flies  ;D

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #7610 on: September 12, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »

I liked your story!

Although all the time, while I read, I was wondering
if busy5mom , right above your post, had escaped the fire,
and, more importantly, found her 360° T-shirt.  ;)

Thanks Drummer Boy! I didn't even read busy5mom's post. I had originally started to post this in the I Heard A U2 Song on the Radio thread and at the last minute quickly cut and pasted it to this and went out the door to take the kids somewhere.

So...busy5mom - Are you okay? Is the shirt okay? Hope so!  :)

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #7611 on: September 12, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
Ok, so to follow up on acrobat...
YKYOW, you are the AP Lang and Lit teacher, and your capitalization practice warm up includes the following:

1.   u2’s music video for the song “stay (faraway, so close)” was shot in the german city of berlin and features famous recognizable landmarks such as the victory column and the brandenburg gate.

2.   based on comment made by lead singer bono, the song “original of the species” from u2’s 2005 record “how to dismantle an atomic bomb” may have been written for guitarist the edge’s daughter.

3. ms. [my name]'s favorite band u2 has many songs with long titles including "i still haven't found what i'm looking for," "stuck in a moment you can't get out of" and "if god will send his angels."

...oh, and when kids don't put their names on tests or quizzes, I sing a special song called "Where the Tests Have No Name."

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • We live inside a dream
« Reply #7612 on: September 12, 2012, 08:03:21 PM »
Ok, so to follow up on acrobat...
YKYOW, you are the AP Lang and Lit teacher, and your capitalization practice warm up includes the following:

1.   u2’s music video for the song “stay (faraway, so close)” was shot in the german city of berlin and features famous recognizable landmarks such as the victory column and the brandenburg gate.

2.   based on comment made by lead singer bono, the song “original of the species” from u2’s 2005 record “how to dismantle an atomic bomb” may have been written for guitarist the edge’s daughter.

3. ms. [my name]'s favorite band u2 has many songs with long titles including "i still haven't found what i'm looking for," "stuck in a moment you can't get out of" and "if god will send his angels."

...oh, and when kids don't put their names on tests or quizzes, I sing a special song called "Where the Tests Have No Name."

I can only imagine how awesome it would be to have you as a teacher  :)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7613 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
You just receive a Level II Evacuation notice for forest fire ... and I can't find my 360 SHIRT!!!!!!!! Got my Lenny K set list from the Anaheim show ... Gotta take the computer down now. Bye guys. Wish me luck.

Hope you're safe!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7614 on: September 12, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
When you're in a shoe store, EBTTRT comes on and you notice everyone starts dancing around while trying on shoes.

Noticed this too in an ice cream shop when WOWY came on, everyone quieted down and started singing along.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #7615 on: September 12, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »
A couple of days ago, I sent my husband an email with a link to a website about tours in Mongolia. 
YKYFHITFW (you know your fandom has infiltrated the family when...)
His email response was:

Wild!

But who's going to ride those wild horses?
 ;D

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7616 on: September 13, 2012, 05:26:48 AM »
When you're in a shoe store, EBTTRT comes on and you notice everyone starts dancing around while trying on shoes.

Noticed this too in an ice cream shop when WOWY came on, everyone quieted down and started singing along.
That's really awesome! :D

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #7617 on: September 14, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
Your 2 1/2 year old pulls out a killer Bono impression.

thats a family obsession... :D :D :D

yeah great stories... :) :)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #7618 on: September 14, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
YKYOW unpacking your CDs (at your new house), you arrange all the U2 albums in order of release on the CD rack. LOL! And, also, you put the box sets in a separate area and again arrange them in order of release.

The rest of my CDs are just arranged in alphabetical order... If I have a lot of CDs by a single artists, I just lumped them all together without trying to put them in release order... cuz... for the most part, I dont know what the release order is on anyone else's CDs.

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #7619 on: September 15, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!! I GOT MY SHIRT!!!

Seriously, I didn't feel like I could leave the house feeling like I had everything without my 360 shirt! So, we've relocated across the state for the time being but the fire is getting closer. It's hard to get any info. We're just waiting ...

But you know you're an obsessed fan when you're house could be in danger of burning, and you hear Streets in a store ... and still find yourself singing and dancing along!! Keep praying for us ...