Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 475140 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #7620 on: September 15, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!! I GOT MY SHIRT!!!

Seriously, I didn't feel like I could leave the house feeling like I had everything without my 360 shirt! So, we've relocated across the state for the time being but the fire is getting closer. It's hard to get any info. We're just waiting ...

But you know you're an obsessed fan when you're house could be in danger of burning, and you hear Streets in a store ... and still find yourself singing and dancing along!! Keep praying for us ...

Thank goodness that you found the shirt and you are safe!!! I hope your home is safe and everything is good for you.

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #7621 on: September 16, 2012, 05:30:38 AM »
I second Jen's statement, busymom. 

When you're in a shoe store, EBTTRT comes on and you notice everyone starts dancing around while trying on shoes.

Noticed this too in an ice cream shop when WOWY came on, everyone quieted down and started singing along.
That is so awesome, Jen

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #7622 on: September 16, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »
I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!! I GOT MY SHIRT!!!

Seriously, I didn't feel like I could leave the house feeling like I had everything without my 360 shirt! So, we've relocated across the state for the time being but the fire is getting closer. It's hard to get any info. We're just waiting ...

But you know you're an obsessed fan when you're house could be in danger of burning, and you hear Streets in a store ... and still find yourself singing and dancing along!! Keep praying for us ...

Stay safe tonight. . . .

dani_the_U2_fan

« Reply #7623 on: September 19, 2012, 02:55:42 AM »
YKYOW the only thing that stopped you from ending it all a couple of years ago was U2's music...
Don't worry I'm in a much better place now  :)

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #7624 on: September 21, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »
Wow DanitheU2fan, that really deserves a whole thread unto itself! Thank goodness you're ok. They really get us through, don't they?

OK, I got one for you:

YKYOW you're going to be interviewed by the newspaper after being evacuated and know exactly what you want to say: "This is really going to be an unforgettable fire, but it's alright. It's alright... A house doesn't make a home ... We can begin again ... "

Of course, by the time they actually called me ... I forgot my wonderful lines!
Still waiting and praying.

dani_the_U2_fan

« Reply #7625 on: September 21, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »
thank you for your kind words busy5mom :) they do indeed!! thats why i love them so much :)

Haha thats the most awesome response ever!! hope you are safe and sound aswell!! sending love from New Zealand :)

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #7626 on: September 22, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »
And thank you all here for your kind words as well. EVERYONE!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #7627 on: September 22, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
Just checked in here and saw that you are still not back home. Have you been in touch w/ your neighbors? Hope everyone is doing as well as can be and that the fires stay away.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #7628 on: September 22, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
Wow DanitheU2fan, that really deserves a whole thread unto itself! Thank goodness you're ok. They really get us through, don't they?

OK, I got one for you:

YKYOW you're going to be interviewed by the newspaper after being evacuated and know exactly what you want to say: "This is really going to be an unforgettable fire, but it's alright. It's alright... A house doesn't make a home ... We can begin again ... "

Of course, by the time they actually called me ... I forgot my wonderful lines!
Still waiting and praying.

lol! Good one!

Offline Belisama

« Reply #7629 on: September 23, 2012, 07:03:31 AM »
. . . when you are go in for surgery and to pass the time all you (even in your unconscious state) and your friends keep making U2 puns to each other and the oblivious hospital staff. Example. . . the nurse comes in and asks is you are sleeping and your friends answers, "She's wide awake, she's not sleeping, No, no, no. . . "

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • We live inside a dream
« Reply #7630 on: September 23, 2012, 07:05:13 AM »
. . . when you are go in for surgery and to pass the time all you (even in your unconscious state) and your friends keep making U2 puns to each other and the oblivious hospital staff. Example. . . the nurse comes in and asks is you are sleeping and your friends answers, "She's wide awake, she's not sleeping, No, no, no. . . "

That made me chuckle, not gonna lie :)

Offline Belisama

« Reply #7631 on: September 23, 2012, 07:06:44 AM »

They were actually driving me crazy because I was just drugged enough to get the references but too woozey from meds to keep up.

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #7632 on: September 23, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
That is just too good!

YKYOW you're drugged up and you can still catch U2 references without thinking!

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7633 on: September 23, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »
That's really funny, Sama!

YKYOW... well, I know EVERYONE in this thread has done this before, but when you hear the faint sound of Beautiful Day playing in a store, drop everything, and run to a speaker to stand under and listen, playing air guitar and mouthing along and not caring what people think. :D I'm surprised I never see other people doing stuff like that...

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #7634 on: September 23, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »

They were actually driving me crazy because I was just drugged enough to get the references but too woozey from meds to keep up.
Thank you acrobat!  :)