Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 475141 times)

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #7635 on: September 23, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's really funny, Sama!

YKYOW... well, I know EVERYONE in this thread has done this before, but when you hear the faint sound of Beautiful Day playing in a store, drop everything, and run to a speaker to stand under and listen, playing air guitar and mouthing along and not caring what people think. :D I'm surprised I never see other people doing stuff like that...

Oh Yes! I say we should have spontaneous fan meet-ups under the store speakers whenever we hear our boys. I'm so there!

Offline NeverInTheDaylight

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal
« Reply #7636 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:02 AM »
When Bruce Springsteen comes into your job and you ask him about Bono!! True Story!! I live in Freehold, NJ and Bruce occasionally frequents a couple of downtown eateries...I was his waitress....he's quite a nice  guy and very generous(Bruce)....He just smiled and mumbled something about Bono being a good guy, but that was it...

Id post a pic but cant figure out yet how to post one on here
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:11:52 AM by NeverInTheDaylight »

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #7637 on: September 24, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »
When Bruce Springsteen comes into your job and you ask him about Bono!! True Story!! I live in Freehold, NJ and Bruce occasionally frequents a couple of downtown eateries...I was his waitress....he's quite a nice  guy and very generous(Bruce)....He just smiled and mumbled something about Bono being a good guy, but that was it...

Id post a pic but cant figure out yet how to post one on here

That's awesome!!! Hope you can figure out how to post a pic. :)

Mine isn't nearly so awesome. DD has some new youth leaders at church, but we haven't gotten to know them well since she's always playing sports and has missed several youth nights. However, at Coldplay in July, I definitely recognized this couple leaving the concert and it turned out they parked right near us. Neither my daughter nor I could remember their names and it was hectic finding the car in the dark and such, so we didn't stop them to say hi. She goes to youth group last night and they start talking. The couple is from the UK and not only did they talk about Coldplay and how we recognized them and such, but they went on to talk about Snow Patrol and one of the Oasis members (must be Noel) going on tour together next year in the US and how this couple has seen Snow Patrol live and really liked them. My daughter really likes Snow Patrol, so now if Noel and the HFB are coming, we can go see them together. Most importantly, turns out the British couple LOVE U2 and she told them how we'd get along just great because I love them too. They've been to tons of concerts of theirs on several tours. Ahh...to live in Europe!

Okay, that's how to make a short story long.  ;D

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #7638 on: September 24, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »
I'd love to see your pics, neverinthedaylight! I love Bruce second only to U2! You have to upload your picture to something like photobucket and then post the link code here for message boards. Good luck!

Offline NeverInTheDaylight

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal
« Reply #7639 on: September 24, 2012, 01:55:17 PM »
I'd love to see your pics, neverinthedaylight! I love Bruce second only to U2! You have to upload your picture to something like photobucket and then post the link code here for message boards. Good luck!

Its only one pic. I uploaded to my Photobucket but cropped myself out of it, mainly because i dont like how i looked in it(I had been standing on right of pic)...The woman is a friend of mine who also works there part time, and the guy is one of the cooks....this is out back in the parking lot as he was leaving...Patti was with him too, but she just kept walking to their truck..
Incidentally, this meeting turned my friend into a hardcore fan and she's been to 3 of his concerts since, including this past Saturday night at the Meadowlands...

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:02:10 PM by NeverInTheDaylight »

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #7640 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
Hope you don't mind that I'm posting the pic directly in here.  (It took me forever to figure out how to post pics.  If you copy and paste the link code for forums, the pic will show up.)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So glad to know Bruce is nice and generous!  And how cool that your friend went to Saturday's show!  It sounds like it was amazing!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #7641 on: September 24, 2012, 02:26:36 PM »
This is a tangential U2 obsessive dream, but the other night I dreamed I went and heard Aung San Suu Kyi speak (she is or was in the US in a few select cities.) Then in my dream, after she spoke, Martin Luther King Jr. spoke!

Offline busy5mom

• Stateless
« Reply #7642 on: September 24, 2012, 09:59:32 PM »
REJOICE!!!! Just to let you know, we were let back home today! (But still can't unpack!) Wearing my shirt to celebrate! YKYOW you know you can turn to @U2 forums for encouragement and support. By the way, excellent pic!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7643 on: September 24, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »
REJOICE!!!! Just to let you know, we were let back home today! (But still can't unpack!) Wearing my shirt to celebrate! YKYOW you know you can turn to @U2 forums for encouragement and support. By the way, excellent pic!

Yay!! Glad you are safe and the home is still there!!!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #7644 on: September 25, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »

Whew! That was an ordeal! Glad it worked out and that you are all safe. I trust the home and neighborhood are too.

Fun pic of Bruce!!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #7645 on: September 25, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »
Glad things turned out fine, busymom!

Offline aarong

• Desert Rose
  • What's a Double Bass? Oh a Big Voilin
« Reply #7646 on: September 25, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
You know when you know someone else is an obsessed fan when you are an Irishman in Brighton (England) and you open your mouth, and you get an "oh, you're Irish"

"yes?"

"I LOVE U2"

"Go you!"

"Do you know Bono?"

"I don't have him on speedial" (turn around, walk away in general direction of "away from that person")

Offline Breeze

• Wanderer
  • Rockstar Jerk Supremo
« Reply #7647 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

YKYOW... well, I know EVERYONE in this thread has done this before, but when you hear the faint sound of Beautiful Day playing in a store, drop everything, and run to a speaker to stand under and listen, playing air guitar and mouthing along and not caring what people think. :D I'm surprised I never see other people doing stuff like that...

Ha ha ha, I totally do this!  But with the added obligatory SQUEEE!

In fact, you know you're a fan when even if you have all the albums and access to the music via innanets, you still freeze and squee anytime you hear them on the radio (oftentimes to the amusement of your friends.)

Offline ultraviolet12

• Wanderer
« Reply #7648 on: September 25, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

YKYO when you do much, much better at an oboe audition after blasting the Boy album on headphones during "practice time" beforehand . . . instead of actually practicing.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7649 on: September 26, 2012, 05:55:15 AM »
You know when you know someone else is an obsessed fan when you are an Irishman in Brighton (England) and you open your mouth, and you get an "oh, you're Irish"

"yes?"

"I LOVE U2"

"Go you!"

"Do you know Bono?"

"I don't have him on speedial" (turn around, walk away in general direction of "away from that person")
:D