Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 475144 times)

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #7650 on: September 29, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

YKYOW... well, I know EVERYONE in this thread has done this before, but when you hear the faint sound of Beautiful Day playing in a store, drop everything, and run to a speaker to stand under and listen, playing air guitar and mouthing along and not caring what people think. :D I'm surprised I never see other people doing stuff like that...

Ha ha ha, I totally do this!  But with the added obligatory SQUEEE!

In fact, you know you're a fan when even if you have all the albums and access to the music via innanets, you still freeze and squee anytime you hear them on the radio (oftentimes to the amusement of your friends.)
haha YES

That's also really cool about Bruce!!

YKYOW you can hear and recognize any U2 song from a good 400 meters or so away and then continue to sing to it while people don't believe there's acutally a song playing, so you then drag them to the speakers and make them listen to the music  ;D (If you can't tell, this happened today  :P )

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #7651 on: October 02, 2012, 06:14:11 AM »
Hearing Bono singing at the local market this weekend and having to stop and
pretend i'm checking labels, but really singing along.... :D :D :D

Offline Breeze

• Wanderer
  • Rockstar Jerk Supremo
« Reply #7652 on: October 03, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »
So I had a seminar this morning, and they were playing "Where the Streets Have no Name" when I walked in.  And then I had to apologize to everyone at the table I sat at because of my obsession with the band.  And then they started playing "Walk on," and I found out that they were apparently playing U2 all morning!  So, I declared that my morning was made worthwhile UNTIL the guy stopped midway through the song and changed it to something else. 

...All morning they played U2, and I caught a glimpse of it.  Not a single song was heard after that.

And my morning was ruined. :(

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7653 on: October 03, 2012, 04:05:04 PM »
YKYOW your English teacher assigns a project where you have to do a book report on a non-fiction book. And instantly you think it would be great to do U2 At The End of the World. It's even written in narrative form!

Offline Spinning_Jay

• Wanderer
  • Nerdfighters DFTBA!
« Reply #7654 on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
YKYOW your English teacher assigns a project where you have to do a book report on a non-fiction book. And instantly you think it would be great to do U2 At The End of the World. It's even written in narrative form!

I actually did my book report on U2 At The End of the World in my freshman year

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7655 on: October 04, 2012, 06:12:48 AM »
So I had a seminar this morning, and they were playing "Where the Streets Have no Name" when I walked in.  And then I had to apologize to everyone at the table I sat at because of my obsession with the band.  And then they started playing "Walk on," and I found out that they were apparently playing U2 all morning!  So, I declared that my morning was made worthwhile UNTIL the guy stopped midway through the song and changed it to something else. 

...All morning they played U2, and I caught a glimpse of it.  Not a single song was heard after that.

And my morning was ruined. :(

Seemed like a great morning start to the day though Breeze!!! :)

Offline Breeze

• Wanderer
  • Rockstar Jerk Supremo
« Reply #7656 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »
It was.. but then they took it away! ;__;

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #7657 on: October 04, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »

I actually did my book report on U2 At The End of the World in my freshman year

I did an argumentative essay back in college that focused on why Achtung Baby was U2's best album.

The paper earned me an A.  ;D

Offline Breeze

• Wanderer
  • Rockstar Jerk Supremo
« Reply #7658 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »
Psssh, I did a 10 pager term paper during my undergrad studies about how they became so huge in the 90s for a Genealogy of Rock class.  The paper focused mostly on the meaning behind the excessiveness of the ZooTV tour, the interconnectivity between Zooropa and Achtung Baby, and The Fly and Mr. MacPhisto. 

Got a 95% on the paper.

Ohhh you know you're obsessed..

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7659 on: October 06, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »
Sounds like a great essay, Breeze (and a great class!). I actually decided not to do U2 At the End of the World because I'd feel odd discussing that with my class. Obsession can only go so far in the real world...

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #7660 on: October 07, 2012, 11:29:10 AM »
^I've had the same thing where I was really tempted to do a report/project on them bu then I didn't want to have to present it to the class

YKYOW you're asked what song has 'runs like a-' and you can immediately identify it as One Tree Hill, the 9th track off of the Joshua Tree by memory

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7661 on: October 08, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
YKYOW your sister asks you to come downstairs and identify a picture of Bono (ie, tell her if it's really him in the photo). You sadly have to say that yes, that is Bono kissing Liam Gallegher. :P

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #7662 on: October 08, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
^I've had the same thing where I was really tempted to do a report/project on them bu then I didn't want to have to present it to the class

I had to show my paper to 3 other classmates and they had to give feedback on it. Very nerve wracking, lol.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #7663 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »
YKYOW your sister asks you to come downstairs and identify a picture of Bono (ie, tell her if it's really him in the photo). You sadly have to say that yes, that is Bono kissing Liam Gallegher. :P

:D :D :D :D :D

The Grave

« Reply #7664 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
does you sister like Oasis  ???