Author Topic: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....  (Read 472444 times)

An Cat Dubh

Re: You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when....
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
You name your two goldfish Bono & Edge! We got Bono first, then introduced Edge, and then he killed Bono.  :D
The funny thing is, my wife named the fish, and she isn't obsessed but she obviously thinks I am.

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you've had a copy of U2-3 since 1985 and borrowed money to pay your rent and purchased groceries with a credit card rather than selling that copy of U2-3.

You... have... it???  :o

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »
You name your two goldfish Bono & Edge! We got Bono first, then introduced Edge, and then he killed Bono.  :D
The funny thing is, my wife named the fish, and she isn't obsessed but she obviously thinks I am.

Hah! I named my betta Bono, too!  :D And it was the same situation where somebody else thought it was a good name because I'm so obsessed...

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

Hah! I named my betta Bono, too!  :D And it was the same situation where somebody else thought it was a good name because I'm so obsessed...
LOL - what you should do is have a goldfish bowl with a regular fish (named Bono) then next to it a bowl with a betta in it (named Larry) - watch him get annoyed and mad with Bono  :D
Ok, we are obsessed (with U2, not fish!) OMG!

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »

LOL - what you should do is have a goldfish bowl with a regular fish (named Bono) then next to it a bowl with a betta in it (named Larry) - watch him get annoyed and mad with Bono  :D
Ok, we are obsessed (with U2, not fish!) OMG!

:D That would be too funny... And then people would wonder why I was laughing hysterically at my fish, and I would try really hard to explain, and then they would  ::) and walk away as I kept laughing...

You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when you slip obscure references into everyday conversation: "Hey, that's a pretty forest!" "Ooh, shadows and tall trees..."

eurydice

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2009, 03:49:09 PM »
you've had a copy of U2-3 since 1985 and borrowed money to pay your rent and purchased groceries with a credit card rather than selling that copy of U2-3.

You... have... it???  :o

I do, and I actually played the darn thing a few nights ago...and dropped it on the floor. It's fine, but I'm still recovering from the event.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »

You know you're an obsessed U2 fan when you slip obscure references into everyday conversation: "Hey, that's a pretty forest!" "Ooh, shadows and tall trees..."
[/quote]

Yeah, that happens all the time. If im having a bad day, its a 'Dirty Day', when I go to a U2 show (I travel to different continents to watch then, let alone cities) - at the begining of my trip I always say 'It's a musical journey!"
I have many more, but my minds gone blank after thinking of laughing at your fish so hard!

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2009, 04:15:10 PM »
When you scream a bloodcurdling scream when something falls on your U2 iPod and cracks the screen  :o :o

I have a Genius Bar appointment on Monday to get it fixed  :-\

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2009, 04:17:58 PM »
When you scream a bloodcurdling scream when something falls on your U2 iPod and cracks the screen  :o :o

I have a Genius Bar appointment on Monday to get it fixed  :-\

Oh!  :'( Stupid gravity!

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »
I know!  :'(
At least this is good motivation to get my other U2 iPod fixed too. Yes, I have two U2 iPods. My old one won't turn on though.

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »
oooh, if something happened to my U2 iPod I would serioulsy cry!

One of my coworkers touched mine last week when I was at the fax machine, and the lady at the desk
next to mine actually said "Jeeze, do you have a death wish?" 
(Only one other person has listened to it, and she's U2 fan, and has known me since 1985.)

Besides that bit, I actually have a countdown clock to NLOTH release date on my computer at work.
(And I have a holiday day booked for that day so I can get the cd early & then spend all day listeneing to it)

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2009, 09:00:51 PM »
Witsa, I love your icon. Calvin & Hobbes and U2 - two of my favorite things!

You know you're obsessed when American history class, Hands That Built America gets stuck in your head every day while studying immigration and industry in the early 1900s.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »
I love this thread.  I wish someone had saved all the old posts from the old forum.   :-[

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
you know you're an obsessed U2 fan when...

you laugh and nod knowingly in response to most of the posts on this thread.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2009, 09:40:01 PM »
I love this thread.  I wish someone had saved all the old posts from the old forum.   :-[

Me too! I remember posting some really good lists...now I don't remember them at all :-\