Author Topic: Maddy Fry's Like A Song - Crazy  (Read 2430 times)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Maddy Fry's Like A Song - Crazy
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just wanted to say how refreshing your LAS article is and to thank you.  There's a lot of polarized talk on the forums about Bono's activism that is far too 'black and white/ all or nothing' and you well articulate how one can be supportive of Bono's activities without agreeing with everything he says and does.  He doesn't have all the answers and while I haven't been to Africa as you have nor immersed myself in studying Africa formally, your thoughts present a balanced well thought out viewpoint on the topic.  So thanks so much for your article and also how the song relates for you. 

And to all @U2 staff & contributors that write about their personal perspectives in Like A Song - I enjoy all of them.   8)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: Maddy Fry's Like A Song - Crazy
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »
It was a wonderful essay Maddy! It is actually very timely as we have had some heated debates here on the forum recently.

Offline macphisto96

• Stateless
Re: Maddy Fry's Like A Song - Crazy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »
That was a good write up. 

I think Bono genuinely wants to help out.  What drives me nuts is when people think he does it to just get attention.  He just feels obligated to use his voice for helping others, but things are easier said than done and sometimes what you consider help ends up hurting and not helping in the long run.