Author Topic: a moment in time when a u2 song realy lifted you up  (Read 3384 times)

luieu2

a moment in time when a u2 song realy lifted you up
« on: January 13, 2009, 10:48:29 PM »
for me in 85 when i was 17 bad and mlk .made me realise im who i am and get on with your life luieu2 wake up to yourself .thanx once again U2 .if it wasnt for you i would living in the dirt...........and may your dreams be realised . :)

zip

Re: a moment in time when a u2 song realy lifted you up
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:11:56 AM »
it's funny during this long strange journey there have been specific times where a song from the band met me where I was and helped take me to another place and still do to this day

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
"Walk On" and "Kite" helped me through my divorce.........those 2 songs give me a peaceful feeling and made me realize that all would be okay.

U2 is my go to band for the good and the bad in my life...........

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
Over the summer, August 27,  my wife and I had a baby.  He was 3 months pre-mature, he weighed 2 pounds 5 ounces.  It was an unbelievably stressful day, there were so many unknowns.  Of course the most important thing to us was seeing that he was safe and healthy and alright in this crazy world.  He took us on a very long, crazy, and stressful road.  Long story short, we spent 124 days in the hospital with him.  The day we took him home was December 29.  When we had the discharge papers, and could finally take the little man out of that hospital, I ran to parking lot to get the truck so I could pick up my wife and littel boy at the front of the hospital.  I was so excited, nervous, relieved, scared, extatic, and stressed that this day had finally come.  I turned the truck on, and playing on the radio was Beautiful Day.  Tears immediately came to my eyes.  It was absolutely perfect, almost like I was dreaming.  I will never forget that moment, it is what made me join these forums.  I love this band.

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing LaughingGas.............a "Beautiful Day" indeed for you and your wife.........

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
MLK was very comforting to me after the loss of my newborn son. It will always be special to me until the day I die! U2 will never know how much they helped me. Maybe someday I'll meet one of them. That is what I would want to tell them more than anything else.  Laughing Gas, I am so happy your baby is OK! I spent a much shorter time in the neonatal intensive care unit with my youngest son and I know what that is like as well. Beautiful Day is a perfect song!  He is healthy now so I will think of that one when I look at him!! Thanks for your post. I love this band too! SG

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »
Wow, LaughingGas, that is an awesome story.  Thanks for sharing and glad everything ended up ok!

luieu2

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »
right now  ;D

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 04:30:50 AM »
I menioned it in the "U2 a soundtrack to your life" thread.

"Stay" - December 1996, I listened to it 24/7. My boyfriend dumped me at Christmas time. I had been living with him for about a year, so suddenly I had no place to live. I came home from work one day and found my stuff packed and stacked outside the front door.  ;D
I can laugh now, but at the time it wasn't very funny.
For some reason the song pulled me through even though it's not the uplifting type. He had good reasons for dumping me  ::) so I was a vampire and a victim so to speak. Of course he couldn't have been a little nicer about it.  >:(

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 05:23:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
MLK was very comforting to me after the loss of my newborn son. It will always be special to me until the day I die! U2 will never know how much they helped me. Maybe someday I'll meet one of them. That is what I would want to tell them more than anything else.  Laughing Gas, I am so happy your baby is OK! I spent a much shorter time in the neonatal intensive care unit with my youngest son and I know what that is like as well. Beautiful Day is a perfect song!  He is healthy now so I will think of that one when I look at him!! Thanks for your post. I love this band too! SG
hey strong girl im sorry to hear about your terrible loss.laughing gas im sorry to hear your story too but so glad it turned out well.my daughter was born in march last year and has been hospital 3 times since she was born. she has a small kidney defect but it took them 6 months to find out what was causing her symtoms.there was a few times while she was lying in hospital and was very ill that we wondered if our little girl would make it home again.thnakfully they are taking great care of her and she will get better in time .sometimes music can lift you so much when nothingelse seems to do so.

zip

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »
indeed.........

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »
liueU2,zip,julsport, laughing gas,starfish,spanner -I am so happy U2's music has helped all of you in dark times. I am so happy spanner's and laughing gas' babies are doing well. There is no pain worse than watching your child (or any loved one) suffer. We have a  support thread now started by macphisto if you need a prayer or just words of encouragement. I consider you all friends and will keep you in my prayers.  You know, U2 should be honored to have fans like all of you. You are an amazing group of people. I am so happy that I got the nerve to join this special forum.  There is no other like it.

zip

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 07:24:54 AM »
liueU2,zip,julsport, laughing gas,starfish,spanner -I am so happy U2's music has helped all of you in dark times. I am so happy spanner's and laughing gas' babies are doing well. There is no pain worse than watching your child (or any loved one) suffer. We have a  support thread now started by macphisto if you need a prayer or just words of encouragement. I consider you all friends and will keep you in my prayers.  You know, U2 should be honored to have fans like all of you. You are an amazing group of people. I am so happy that I got the nerve to join this special forum.  There is no other like it.

I couldn'thave said it at any more eloquently............

luieu2

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »
you are amazing strongirl and thanx. ;)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »
Yes StrongGirl rocks! I read her post, and others,  in a thread similar to this (U2/Suicide). And after reading them, I felt really comfortable sharing my story. Just have to say there are some really cool people in here.