Author Topic: Your ZOOTV Confessionals.  (Read 2777 times)

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
Your ZOOTV Confessionals.
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »
The idea is simple.
Just say something maybe a little awkward, random, offcolor, or unpleasant about yourself. But do note the standards of content on this forum.

I'll go first.

I've been wearing my socks inside out since about 2001. I think I overheard a friend say that some peoples, perhaps the Irish, like to wear some garments inside out for good luck. Anyhoo, despite the veracity of that statement, I've had generally good luck.

Additionally, I once carried a pair of extra shoes in my hand when using the bathroom stall. I was worried that people would recognize me under the door due to my shoes. To this day, that's a fear that still lingers.

daveyg

Re: Your ZOOTV Confessionals.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been wearing my socks inside out since about 2001. I think I overheard a friend say that some peoples, perhaps the Irish, like to wear some garments inside out for good luck. Anyhoo, despite the veracity of that statement, I've had generally good luck.

Never heard that one.... must ask about it..... there's some weird traditions here in places!! lol

I've admitted it already here (I think on my own appreciation thread) that I told a DJ once in Rouen in France that I was the Edge's brother. He played U2 all night!! He never copped that were I actually The Edge's Brother, that means his parents must have been quite lazy to call two of their sons "David"

zip

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »
that's great dave !!! back in my more "prodigal period" where stretching the facts was commonplace , I once claimed to be "in the music business" and was helping to coordinate Live Aid 2.  I didn't pay for a pint the entire night.....................

daveyg

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
that's great dave !!! back in my more "prodigal period" where stretching the facts was commonplace , I once claimed to be "in the music business" and was helping to coordinate Live Aid 2.  I didn't pay for a pint the entire night.....................

he he - my "I'm Edge's brother" evening got me bought a few pints as well. The next morning, one of the guys who didn't realise what was going on pointed out that they were playing an awful lot of U2 the night before - he thought it was that there were one or two Irish there (he's an American). Told him the whole Edge brother thing, and he looked gobsmaked. "Did you set them straight?" I was asked. "God no!! I was getting loads of beer!!". Better steer clear of that nightclub for a while!! And Edge better steer clear of this thread for a while!!