Author Topic: 1 Day Notice of 2010 Toronto Presale?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Torontotoad

• Babyface
1 Day Notice of 2010 Toronto Presale?
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:01:39 AM »
Just got back from Europe and logged on to find the new Toronto date listed, and that presale starts tomorrow...Sheesh!
Was Toronto listed before or are they really trying to f@#$ with us?
Joined early 08...understood I had to (basically immediately) renew to get chance for presale...so I did.  Is that everyone's understanding?
Also...have got email confirm of my renewal, but no new access code yet, and tour page has old code (I think) with note "Code has been used'.  Am I really going to get a new one by tomorrow morning?
Questions for anyone in the know....:)

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
Re: 1 Day Notice of 2010 Toronto Presale?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:51 AM »
that's called striking while the iron is hot....

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got back from Europe and logged on to find the new Toronto date listed, and that presale starts tomorrow...Sheesh!
Was Toronto listed before or are they really trying to f@#$ with us?
Joined early 08...understood I had to (basically immediately) renew to get chance for presale...so I did.  Is that everyone's understanding?
Also...have got email confirm of my renewal, but no new access code yet, and tour page has old code (I think) with note "Code has been used'.  Am I really going to get a new one by tomorrow morning?
Questions for anyone in the know....:)

BRUTAL!  I'd get on the phone immediately! 

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »
on my tour page it lists "CODES" - the first line in red font says "this one has been used".  The one on the second line in green is the new one. I just renewed this am and the green code appeared almost as soon as my credit card went through. 

If you are looking at a code in green I would say that is your new code - especially if you don't remember what the old number was. 

Offline Torontotoad

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
Thanks TDO...see it now that I'm home tonight...still, one day for us TO and I think the Chicago fans too...man...

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »
How'd you like to be in Vancouver on a trip to see them on Wednesday and being forced to make long distance plans with people at home to go to Edmonton next year?  It gets worse... :P

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
yes Edmonton fans got screwed here, but how about Winnipeg fans in the Vancouver GA line who are going to make long distance plans for Edmonton tomorrow only to find out that Winnipeg gets added in in the next few weeks...ok I don't know anything about whether Winnipeg is on the sched but can't you see that happening?

Offline malcolm-edge

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
I love being in Vancouver, U2 loves us! Im going to drive south to see them in Seattle!

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »
i think they may have done this on purpose to try and limit the number of people who have already seen the first leg form gobbling up the tickets on the second leg. Away of trying to have people who have not seen a show yet into the seats. Not saying it is a good idea or not, just a possible motive.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 10:17:06 PM »
i think they may have done this on purpose to try and limit the number of people who have already seen the first leg form gobbling up the tickets on the second leg. Away of trying to have people who have not seen a show yet into the seats. Not saying it is a good idea or not, just a possible motive.

Nah, everyone has some decent times between their shows, it's just the Western Canada factor.

I think it has more to do with them running at a loss right now and looking to recoup before they start out next year.

Offline Wildhoney97

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »
On the bright side, I've just saved myself $60 bucks by not renewing (which I was planning on doing this week) and deciding to chance it with the public sale. I can't renew and buy tickets back to back. Otherwise feeling ripped off at this lost opportunity, mostly because Europe got nearly a year or more notice on the concert date, but also more than a 48 hrs notice on the presale.

Offline Torontotoad

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
Wild.... I only paid $40.00, though no idea what currency...lol..so prolly more....
I'm gonna go GA this time, if I can get them.....save a little, and prolly be closer than my 100's (which were behind 1st base) were last time.   Doubt can get my wife to camp out all day though, so maybe in back...
Q for anyone who went to TO who reads this....Can you hold spots in GA line for wife and/or others?

Offline tdot1a

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
the seat prices are scaled differently this time - cheapest seats are now behind the stage

Offline MelicansMatkin

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Matkin from U2Gigs
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »

Q for anyone who went to TO who reads this....Can you hold spots in GA line for wife and/or others?

When I went in September you could. You got in line and wrote your position on a piece of paper, and then had it scribbled on your wrist so you could move in and out all day. It helps that you get to know the people ahead and behind, so you can leave and come back in with no problems.