Author Topic: Song request for the next leg of 360: A Sort of Homecoming!  (Read 1255 times)

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
Song request for the next leg of 360: A Sort of Homecoming!
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »
As I was listening to the new deluxe edition of Unforgettable Fire (what a great set!) I couldn't stop playing the Daniel Lanois remix with Peter Gabriel singing back up vocals. It then occurred to me, how awesome would it be for them to bring this back live on the next leg of U2 360 shows!

Think of it: To bring a more celebratory tone to the second encore they open with the last part of the concert with the rockin' show opener from 1985 which gets the crowd into a frenzy. B-man sing "We'll build a bridge, across the sea..." as he stands, well,  on the bridge!

Offline 1985

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Song request for the next leg of 360: A Sort of Homecoming!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:40:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As I was listening to the new deluxe edition of Unforgettable Fire (what a great set!) I couldn't stop playing the Daniel Lanois remix with Peter Gabriel singing back up vocals. It then occurred to me, how awesome would it be for them to bring this back live on the next leg of U2 360 shows!

Think of it: To bring a more celebratory tone to the second encore they open with the last part of the concert with the rockin' show opener from 1985 which gets the crowd into a frenzy. B-man sing "We'll build a bridge, across the sea..." as he stands, well,  on the bridge!

I would like to see them work an acoustic snippet of this song into the current set to replace MLK as the transition into Walk On. Even though the original intent of the lyrics is very different, I think they could extract verses that would relate better to ASSK than MLK does:

And you know it's time to go
Through the sleet and driving snow
Across the fields of mourning
To a light that's in the distance

And you hunger for the time
Time to heal, desire, time
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

Oh, on borderland we run
I'll be there, I'll be there tonight
A high road
A high road out from here

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 11:01:11 AM »
I second this vote. I would absolutely fly off the handle to hear this song live, since my first U2 show wasn't until 1986 (Conspiracy of Hope), so I've never heard it live other than on "Wide Awake in America." This song would be off-the-charts memorable to put into the next leg of the tour. Do it, do it, do it. Great call by you, TFM!!

VegasPatrick

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 03:24:08 PM »
We can dream... I have only heard it once at Slane in 2001 but unfortunately he did the drunk karaoke version !

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We can dream... I have only heard it once at Slane in 2001 but unfortunately he did the drunk karaoke version !
yeah iv'e heard that version and its eh rough to say the least :P if they did play it again it might need some working on .

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 06:43:11 AM »
Is it the song I haven't yet herd live that I most want to?

...quite possibly. It's up there anyway!