Author Topic: Happy Birthday Larry Mullen Jr  (Read 12593 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Happy Birthday Larry Mullen Jr
« on: October 31, 2009, 05:34:23 AM »
Happy Birthday Larry--- the one who started it all. Although I am a Bono Girl at heart I have always had room there for Mr Mullen. Not just because he started it all but because throughout the years his integrity is one of the key factors that has fueled U2. He has a quiet devotion to U2 fans-- he is the first one to take ownership of a ticketing problem or any fan issue. His quiet strength has no doubt helped the band stay strong. He has an admirable dedication to his craft-- taking on pain ever concert to please the fans. His devotion to his children and to Anne cannot be questioned. And yes, even I can admit that he is very easy on the eyes!

Larry, you are one in a million! Happy Birthday, I hope it is a great one and I wish you many, many more.

One of my fav Larry pics-- him doing what he loves best and actually smiling:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: Happy Birthday Larry Mullen Jr
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:48:47 AM »
^^  Great shot Belisama! 

Happy Birthday Larry!   
Here's hoping you have a fabulous bday and some much deserved time off to celebrate with family!
You've "given us a good life" too through your music, concerts, dedication to the band, and keeping everyone on track! 
So thank you, to your health,  and to many many more...
Slainté!

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:18:47 AM »
Happy birthday, Mr. Mullen! You are the one who in many ways gave us U2, and your dedication has helped hold it together all this time. Without your playing an integral part of U2's sound would be missing. May you have many God-blessed years to come. :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:20:48 AM by Mystways [U2AA Artist] »

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:03:43 AM »
Yay Larry! (The only one to not change clothes/instrument during the Rosebowl concert!)  ;D
Happy Birthday, man!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
Happy Birthday Larry! May this be the best one ever! Thank you for everything.  :-*
You know you're the best!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Today is my anniversary of 1 year on the forum. It's exactly a year ago that I followed a link from the atU2.com to wish Larry a happy birthday in The Larry Love Thread. It's been a great year getting to know other U2 fans and fellow Larry girls.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »
I'm celebrating with my favorite Larry picture because it makes my heart skip a beat every single time I see it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
Happy Birthday, Larry!

Wishing you many more years of wanting to hit things!  Thank you for a great show Wednesday night!

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »
Happy birthday Larry Mullen ;D Still going strong

Happy 1 year anniversary Starfish :)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:58:31 AM »
Happy Birthday Laarry!!! The one who started it all!!! And you will forever in my mind be the leader of U2. You're a phenomenal musician, and an even better person, enjoy you're day and many more to come!!!

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Happy Birthday Larry! May this be the best one ever! Thank you for everything.  :-*
You know you're the best!

Today is my anniversary of 1 year on the forum. It's exactly a year ago that I followed a link from the atU2.com to wish Larry a happy birthday in The Larry Love Thread. It's been a great year getting to know other U2 fans and fellow Larry girls.

wow! Look at Larry's muscles!!! Lordy!!!

Offline Bonoffee

• Acrobat
  • Excise is a small price to pay for bliss.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
Happy Birthday, Larry!! If it weren't for you U2 would never have formed, so Thank you! :)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 11:38:04 AM »
Happy Birthday to the BEST DRUMMER EVER!!!!

Herez to you still looking 35 when your nearly 50!! *raises glass*

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 12:52:53 PM »
Happy Birthday!

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
To quote the Boss..."you bring the power night after night after night after night after night!!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!! WE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »
Happy Birthday Mr. Lawrence Mullen, Jr. You did start it all as a boy with a simple note on a school bulletin board. Little did you know then the journey you would take after that!!!  WOW!  30 years later you and your band mates have touched so many lives through your music. You truly are the conscience of U2. You speak the truth and keep U2's feet on the ground. You are a very private person who has experienced great loss in your life. I was always touched by your story and how you handled things. You are a true gentleman and a role model in the man that you have become.  Your mother and your sister would have been so very proud of you.   (Oh and well, I am a woman, so I must end with ...you are kind of cute  ;) :D!!!)

Happy Birthday and many, many more!!!!!