Author Topic: Oakland show  (Read 1858 times)

Offline U2fan77

• Babyface
Oakland show
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
I got my tickets for the Oakland show for the "16th of June". I was able to get the $30 in section 322 row 11, I was on stubhub and saw my section and row going for $117 each. I live in the L.A. area and was at the Rose Bowl show my sister lives an hour from Oakland so I figured this would be a good excuse to visit her. So is anyone else going to the Oakland show. They should play Breathe since it will be the 16th of June.

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • Some days have bouncers and won't let you in
Re: Oakland show
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:33:51 PM »
I'm going!  ;D Driving 8 hours to get there on Wednesday, and driving back Thursday...It's my first U2 concert EVER I am so excited it's not really sinking in yet! Getting tickets today on Ticketmaster was nerve-racking, I'd missed the presale and was really worried. For some reason my friend/coworker and I thought there were $150 tickets out there, and apparently there's no such thing! So we splurged....yeah, I'm gonna have to budget, but neither of us would have been up for GA. Section 125, row 26, all I can think of is this better be close enough to Edge!

Offline Lady B

• Refugee
  • Cool down mama..........cool off
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »
Congrats guys on scoring Oakland tix!  You're gonna have a blast!  Just think:  only seven and a half months to wait  ;D

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »
Very excited about seeing them in my backyard (live 70 miles away in Santa Cruz).  Got GA from fan club. 

I hope they add a show.  Boy, did it sell out quickly or what!!!  Plan on going to Seattle too, waiting to hear  sale dates. 

Life is good!!!

Offline tsakhuja [Desert Sky]

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »
I got my GA tickets today!  I live 5 minutes from the Colosseum, but go to college in Philadelphia - luckily I'll be home when they come to Oakland.  The only other U2 show I've been to was the Vertigo show in Hawaii in '06, and I had pretty horrible seats.  I can't wait!

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »
I'll be in GA. Now, we just have to get through the rest of Fall, all of Winter, and most of Spring.

Offline Lady B

• Refugee
  • Cool down mama..........cool off
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'll be in GA. Now, we just have to get through the rest of Fall, all of Winter, and most of Spring.

Hiya Hawk,

It's Lady B here, a friend of P8's!  Congrats on your tickets.  Are you going to any other shows?  Seattle perhaps?

Offline U2Crush

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »
I'm going!

Flying out from Boston!    ;D

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 11:52:52 PM »
Got 6 floor tickets to Oakland. It will be nice to finally drive 45 minutes to see them instead of 12 to Phoenix! ;)

See everyone there!

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 11:28:01 AM »

Hiya Hawk,

It's Lady B here, a friend of P8's!  Congrats on your tickets.  Are you going to any other shows?  Seattle perhaps?

Hey LB.
I'm waiting patiently for an Oak 2 announcement. But if it doesn't happen, I'm good. And I want to get my son to his first U2 gig, too.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

Hiya Hawk,

Hey LB.
I'm waiting patiently for an Oak 2 announcement. But if it doesn't happen, I'm good. And I want to get my son to his first U2 gig, too.

Cool hawk!   8)  Good luck for the 2nd show If you do w/ him he should wear a "Mini Larry" Tee!  LOL.   :D  I may see you in SEA if you go...I'm still deciding. 

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »
They should play Breathe since it will be the 16th of June.

NICE!  How awesome would that be?   :D

Offline fnwstubbs

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
I have floor tickets and and my friend is offering me a ticket in sec. 249.  It looks like 249 is a little side stage.  Can anyone let me know what would be better....I don't want to be blocked by one of the claw arms.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »
I have floor tickets and and my friend is offering me a ticket in sec. 249.  It looks like 249 is a little side stage.  Can anyone let me know what would be better....I don't want to be blocked by one of the claw arms.

For me, the vibe is ALWAYS better down on the floor. People sit down up in the stands, they get angry if you want to stand the whole time, etc. I'll always take GA over seats.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »
The 200 and 300 sections are set back much farther than the 100 section.  Particularly on the 1st and 3rd base line ( side of the stage). Probably 50 rows on the 100 section before the 200 section starts.  I would either take a 100 section reserved or GA (I have GA by choice).