Author Topic: Oakland show: II  (Read 1283 times)

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
Oakland show: II
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »
Incredible that the Oakland show sold out so quickly. I'm not really all that surprised, just impressed! I would have to assume that U2 would consider adding another one (maybe June 18th). Shockingly U2 ignored northern California on this last leg, and with this one selling out in less than a day (around 70,000 tickets!) it would be a no brainer to me. But that's me, I'm not Principle Management (If I was I would have refused "Get On Your Boots" as the first single!!!).

Bay area shows have always been pure magic for U2, with shows including the famous "All Along the Watchtower" scene from Rattle and Hum and night 1 in San Jose from the Elevation tour which even Bono dubs as one of the best shows U2 have ever played.

Come on guys, give us more that one show on this entire world tour!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: Oakland show: II
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »
They may add a 2nd show pending stadium availability & the odd other show/ city. Stay tuned! 

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
I hope they add one to Oakland or Seattle- I would love to see three show on this leg (I did during the last leg- everything comes in three some say). I haven't booked a hotel until I find out.  When you get two shows, there is a better chance of seeing a couple of different songs. 

Plus, I was at the San Jose shows in 2001- they were great!

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »
Well, the Oakland A's are on the road from June 11th-June 21st and there is no other event scheduled, so the stadium is there's if they wish!

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, the Oakland A's are on the road from June 11th-June 21st and there is no other event scheduled, so the stadium is there's if they wish!

Weirdness in this regard: It turns out that 6/16/2010 was NOT a sellout-though announced as such in the press and run on the venue's digital billboard by HWY 80..tickets are still available thru TM, and Livenation has announced a big push to finish off the available pool of tickets on Tuesday, January 19th. It looks as if this will be the first time in 27 years that the band has not scheduled multiple shows in this area....while they clearly remember the ticket sales problems they had on JT and POPMART in the same venue (undersold houses in each case), it seems a bit of a jolt to be cut to one...odd