Author Topic: U2's Favorite Songs  (Read 11495 times)

Offline Caleb8844

• Babyface
U2's Favorite Songs
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:22:49 AM »
Which U2 songs does everyone think are the band members own favorites? I'd have to say:
      Bono- Stay ( I've hears him say in several interviews he likes this song)
      Edge- Drowning Man or maybe Wire
      Adam- not to sure, but maybe something off of October
      Larry- no idea
Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline matam

• Wanderer
  • Sing your heart out......
Re: U2's Favorite Songs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »
hmmmm, good question  :) I think you're right about Bono and Stay, he likes Please as well or doesn't he ? I believe thatEdge said in some interview that Miss Sarajevo is one of his favourites.....

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
I think Bono has also said "Your Blue Room" is a favorite of his.

Offline MateoU2

• Babyface
  • Running To Standstill
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »
Bono - Your Blue Room
Larry - Tomorrow
Edge & Adam - Not sure

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 03:20:18 AM »
Apparently "Gone" is one of Edge's favourites - that's why he gets so cranky at the end of that song in the Boston DVD: he loves the song but thought they'd butchered that performance (personally I've no freaking idea what he's talking about - that performance kicks ar*e!).

Offline TheFly

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:46:43 AM »
I reckon New Years Day is probably one of Adam's favourites because of the way he came up with the bass line.

As for the rest of the group, i wouldn't know where to begin. Perhaps One for Bono because the song came together in the 4 and a half minutes the song lasts.

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
I thought I read an interview where Bono said "Miss Sarajevo" was his favorite. Or maybe his favorite to listen to, at least.

Offline marta7luisa

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Which U2 songs does everyone think are the band members own favorites? I'd have to say:
      Bono- Stay ( I've hears him say in several interviews he likes this song)
      Edge- Drowning Man or maybe Wire
      Adam- not to sure, but maybe something off of October
      Larry- no idea
Anyone else have any ideas?

Well I think that U2 members favorites songs are: (how to dismantle an atomic bomb)
    Bono - Mofo; Stay; Sometimes u can make it on your and of course the sweetest thing...
    The Edge - no idea but maybe some song with a solo guitar
    Larry - Pride (in the name of love and Love and Peace
    Adam - Pride, Where the Streets have no name and maybe Gloria

daveyg

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
Adam was asked this question way back in '87 or so on Irish TV. At that stage he said "Downing Man" off the War album. That could have changed with , what? five albums later

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »
Edge was asked what song best captures the essence of his work with the band and his reply was "Pride".

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 10:50:50 AM »
Apparently "Gone" is one of Edge's favourites - that's why he gets so cranky at the end of that song in the Boston DVD: he loves the song but thought they'd butchered that performance (personally I've no freaking idea what he's talking about - that performance kicks ar*e!).

For the DVD, they combined two performances to create what we see and hear.  He had a technical problem during one of the shows...you see the results of that performance on the video.

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

For the DVD, they combined two performances to create what we see and hear.  He had a technical problem during one of the shows...you see the results of that performance on the video.

Glad someone picked that up.
If you get your hands on the DVD release of Boston check out the special features on the second DVD. During the documentary, you see a short clip of Edge absolutely going RANK at Larry, screaming his head off!

Apparently the thing that he was really annoyed with was Larry finishing the song too early. Who knows really... they are a mysterious bunch   ::)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »
In one of the Vertigo Tour interviews Larry mentioned Miracle Drug was his favorite from that particular album.
He said it had something to do with a special drum beat in that song.

achtungchild

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 04:09:36 AM »
I've heard somewhere repeatedly that Edge's favorite song is "Running To Stand Still". For Bono, we all know it's "Stay", and "Please", because a fan even asked this question and he verified it.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »
I've heard somewhere repeatedly that Edge's favorite song is "Running To Stand Still". For Bono, we all know it's "Stay", and "Please", because a fan even asked this question and he verified it.

Except that a few years later, it was "Miss Sarajevo" (not even a U2 song! he he...  ;)  ) according to the man himself.  I'm sure the answer to this question isn't locked in stone for any of the band members...