Author Topic: 2nd Show in Anaheim?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
2nd Show in Anaheim?
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
I presume it is likely they will add a second show in Anaheim.  Currently (1 hour after public on-sale), only single tickets appear to be available (for $250), with sets of 2 not available anywhere.

Would the 2nd show be added on Sat the 5th?  Mon the 7th?  Looking at the Angels' schedule, I'd say the 4th-5th are more likely, as the Angels play there on the 30th of May and the 11th of June.  Adding a show on the 7th would only leave 3.5 days to tear down the claw, which might be pushing it.  If they play 2-3 nights there 5th and 6th or 4th-6th, that would leave 4 full days on each end.

How soon do they usually announce the 2nd show?

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Re: 2nd Show in Anaheim?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I presume it is likely they will add a second show in Anaheim.  Currently (1 hour after public on-sale), only single tickets appear to be available (for $250), with sets of 2 not available anywhere.

Would the 2nd show be added on Sat the 5th?  Mon the 7th?  Looking at the Angels' schedule, I'd say the 4th-5th are more likely, as the Angels play there on the 30th of May and the 11th of June.  Adding a show on the 7th would only leave 3.5 days to tear down the claw, which might be pushing it.  If they play 2-3 nights there 5th and 6th or 4th-6th, that would leave 4 full days on each end.

Claw setup = 4 days
Claw teardown = 2 days

Down to a science, so don't count out the 7th if they add one.

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
I think Anaheim will get a second show. Don't know about before or after, but with how fast it was a virtual sellout (with only the single reserveds remaining), and the five-day gap between Anaheim and Denver, and the $750,000/day this tour costs even on days with no shows, yeah, Anaheim 2 seems practical.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »

Claw setup = 4 days
Claw teardown = 2 days

Thanks EF.  I thought it was less on the teardown, but I wasn't positive.  That still leaves room for a show on the 7th (and potentially the 8th?).
Wasn't the NY show bumped back because of not enough time to tear down?  I was thinking they had 3 days there, but I am not positive.

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »

Claw setup = 4 days
Claw teardown = 2 days

Thanks EF.  I thought it was less on the teardown, but I wasn't positive.  That still leaves room for a show on the 7th (and potentially the 8th?).
Wasn't the NY show bumped back because of not enough time to tear down?  I was thinking they had 3 days there, but I am not positive.

I think they'll add on the 7th.  That still leaves them time to break down the stage before the Angels need it on the 11th for their next home game.

As for a third show?  FORGET IT.  The band never plays more than 2 consecutive nights now.  Mostly to preserve Bono's voice.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
They just added another Anaheim show on June 7th.