Author Topic: Larry's closet  (Read 6626 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: Larry's closet
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
I truly love Bono but Larry, he just lights up a room.

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 09:53:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I truly love Bono but Larry, he just lights up a room.

*adores Ocean*

Offline anniem

• Babyface
  • In God's country
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
Nicely put Ocean...I have been in a room with Larry and he does possess that certain presence that makes the people around him smile. Although noted as "the quiet one," once you are engaged in conversation with him, he has a lot to say. I'm new to this forum, actually this is the first forum I have ever participated in but I have found the people delightful...I hope everyone is having a splendid evening!

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »
I think you ladies would drool over Larry no matter what he's wearing.  :D

We would drool even more if he isn't wearing the shirt!! :P

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Nicely put Ocean...I have been in a room with Larry and he does possess that certain presence that makes the people around him smile. Although noted as "the quiet one," once you are engaged in conversation with him, he has a lot to say. I'm new to this forum, actually this is the first forum I have ever participated in but I have found the people delightful...I hope everyone is having a splendid evening!

Welcome anniem!  I, and I assume all the Larry girls in here, am very curious to hear your Larry story! 

Offline anniem

• Babyface
  • In God's country
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »
Thank you for the welcome RattleandHum! My name is Ann and it just so happens that my maiden name was Mullen. I used to live in New York City and a dear friend works for Principle Management. Needless to say, I went to a PM affair several years ago and had the pleasure of meeting Larry. I wasn't married at the time, so I introduced myself to him as Ann Mullen, of course, that evoked a reaction from him, and I think he picked up on the fact that I am not too star-struck so we had a nice conversation. Yes, he is breath-taking and certainly one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen. I told him about my family's cottage located on the west coast of Ireland, near Ring of Kerry. I could tell from the get-go that he enjoyed talking about "normal life" than entertaining questions about U2's music, so I steered clear of that. I attended the Jameson Film Festival in Dublin and saw Larry there. I also went backstage after the PopMart and Elevation tours in Atlanta. During one of our conversations, we discussed my son's interest in playing the drums and attending a music school up in Boston. While living in NY, Larry often flew to Boston for lessons himself. I used to think to myself, what were the chances of an Ann Mullen actually meeting THE Larry Mullen... I guess I left it up to fate...and a few connections. So, there you have my story. 

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »
Thank you for the welcome RattleandHum! My name is Ann and it just so happens that my maiden name was Mullen. I used to live in New York City and a dear friend works for Principle Management. Needless to say, I went to a PM affair several years ago and had the pleasure of meeting Larry. I wasn't married at the time, so I introduced myself to him as Ann Mullen, of course, that evoked a reaction from him, and I think he picked up on the fact that I am not too star-struck so we had a nice conversation. Yes, he is breath-taking and certainly one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen. I told him about my family's cottage located on the west coast of Ireland, near Ring of Kerry. I could tell from the get-go that he enjoyed talking about "normal life" than entertaining questions about U2's music, so I steered clear of that. I attended the Jameson Film Festival in Dublin and saw Larry there. I also went backstage after the PopMart and Elevation tours in Atlanta. During one of our conversations, we discussed my son's interest in playing the drums and attending a music school up in Boston. While living in NY, Larry often flew to Boston for lessons himself. I used to think to myself, what were the chances of an Ann Mullen actually meeting THE Larry Mullen... I guess I left it up to fate...and a few connections. So, there you have my story. 

You know, after reading your story, there is no way on Earth you could have NOT met Larry.  Your lives seem way too connected in strange ways.  Great story!  Unfortunately, my last name is Swiss .... so no luck on the name connection deal for me.   :(  That's so cool that you were able to connect with him like that though.  :)

Offline anniem

• Babyface
  • In God's country
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »
Yes, it was. It's funny because I don't think about having met him a few times until U2 puts out a new album and starts their world tour. I'm afraid to let the other ladies on here know that I got 2 hugs from Larry...I'm a hugger by nature. I never would have found this U2 site but someone from Live Nation PR told me about it. Is there a paid staff at @U2?

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
I'm actually not sure.  I'd direct you to Matt McGee, who started the website and who's username is m2, I'm not sure who else on the forum is an @U2 staffer.  Yes, be careful in the Larry Love Thread ... there may be some very jealous Larry girls in there.  :D  Although I have to admit ... even I'm a little jealous you've gotten Larry love on two occasions.  :)