Author Topic: Refraining Thread  (Read 4980 times)

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
Refraining Thread
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »
Okay, so this thread is for everyone who is going to try and refrain as long as possible to listen to these snippets out everywhere on YouTube....

I am actually going to try and not listen to the new single at all until the whole album comes out, but I don't think I can make it.  Just knowing right now that a part of the new single might be floating around on YouTube somewhere is causing extreme longing....

So anyway, tell us how long you refrained (if at all) from hearing a part of the single.  And tell me if anyone want to join me and not listen to the single until the whole album comes out so the overplaying of it doesn't make you want to skip it.  (though, I seriously doubt that anyone would want to try and not listen to it for that long.)

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
Re: Refraining Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »

"Let me hear the sound, let me hear the sound, let me hear the sound, let me hear the sound-sound, let me hear the sound!"

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »
I don't believe in opening my presents early. When the band is ready for me to hear the single then I'll be listening to it non-stop. Until then I can afford to wait a bit longer. I'll buy the single when it comes out but other than that I never listen to leaks or previews. Part of the fun of a new album is hearing it fresh for the first time. ;D

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 03:22:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Let me hear the sound, let me hear the sound, let me hear the sound, let me hear the sound-sound, let me hear the sound!"

ARRG!!!!!!  :P :P :P :P :P

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »

there is no mention of get on your boots in the clip.

"You won't get to me, I don't you enough to cause wars between the nations" or something is the verse

A bit like The Fly is the music with that bom, bom, bom rambling Edge guitar style.

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »
*not reading replies, not reading replies, not reading replies*

"a bit like the fly is the"-

Arrg-,

*not reading replies, not reading replies, not reading replies*

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »
I'm going to have to log out to save myself...

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
"One of the most valuable things about [Bono's] lyrics is that you can adapt them to any particular situation."

-- Larry, 2002

Offline mwozniak

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »
I'm loooossing it! I want to hear these clips so desperately!!!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
I do not want to hear any clips or snippets.
I want to hear the entire song for the first time on a good sound system - turned up loud!

Offline mwozniak

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 04:22:24 PM »
Maybe that's what I meant - I want to hear the full song  8)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
I started listening to those 4 songs that appeared on yt a few months back, but the quality was so bad I didn't last all the way through.
I am not going to restrain myself, so I guess I don't belong in this thread.  ;)

Offline MelicansMatkin

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Matkin from U2Gigs
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 07:28:04 PM »
I managed except for the two audio clips of Boots.  The quality is poor, but it's clear enough. I wish I could have held out another three days.

Offline GotVox?

• Babyface
  • Soul rockin' people movin' on
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »
Alright, i'll use my first post (hi, everyone) on this thread because I've been thinking about refraining until the album comes out, too. It seems like the last three album release dates were anti-climactic because i'd already heard so much of the album. But waiting until March is gonna be tough so here's what I've decided to do. if the single is indeed available on itunes on JAn. 19, i'll go ahead and get it, but otherwise I'm going to try and wait.   I don't want to experience this album through a poor quality radio rip.

Offline Ro~Jo

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »
I'm a refrainer.  Prerelease single only - no clips, leaks, etc.  The experience of listening to the whole album for the first time with virgin ears is just so much more fun.