Author Topic: Refraining Thread  (Read 4942 times)

Revolver7

Re: Refraining Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 12:07:28 AM »
I'm not listening to clips...but I will definitely listen to the single when it's released to radio on Monday!  8)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
Remember the episode of Seinfeld, the one about "master of my domain?"

*ahem* *doing her best Kramer impersonation* "I'm out!"

Hearing the clip has only made me more excited to hear the whole song.  "Time passes by so slowly..."

~L

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 02:27:50 PM »
I am usually the first person to listen to leaked clips, etc., but this time I am showing serious restraint.  I have not listened to, or watched, or clicked on any links to any spoilers.  I hope to hear the single tomorrow on the radio, but if not, I will wait until I do.  How many more times are we going to be able to hear a U2 song for the first time?  I gotta make them count.  These are the best times to be a U2 fan, and a fan of music.  Will Power Baby!!!!!

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »
winds blow with a twist
never seen a moon light like this
can you see it too
night is falling everywhere
rockets hit the falling fan
satan loves a bomb scare
but it won't scare you

sexy boots

get on your boots yeah

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 04:03:21 PM »
That's Evil :-X

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
Actually, it's unfair. Please refrain Evil Bono. This is a thread for people who don't want spoilers.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
I'm doing my level best! Everything I've read is positive. I think this will be a great album. A musical journey!

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm doing my level best! Everything I've read is positive. I think this will be a great album. A musical journey!

We all are hoping.  So, which song description has got you the most hyped up for the new album?  Mine would have to be, unimaginatively, Moment of Surrender.  That and Magnificent.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 06:23:17 PM »

We all are hoping.  So, which song description has got you the most hyped up for the new album?  Mine would have to be, unimaginatively, Moment of Surrender.  That and Magnificent.

Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender, Magnificent & Stand Up Comedy (which i think is a brilliant name)

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
Those who refrain deserve the absolute please they shall recieve.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »
and there's no line at all!!!

Offline GotVox?

• Babyface
  • Soul rockin' people movin' on
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »
I'm wavering now that I know a 30 second itunes clip is available. But I just read this post over at Interference about someone hearing AIWIY on the radio for the first time and being so completely surprised by a new U2 song in those pre-internet days that they had to stop their car. I wish I could have that experience. I haven't listened to any of the GOYB clips, but I still feel like I know what to expect from the descriptions people have posted. I would love to be able to wait until March 2/3 to hear any of the new stuff, but if I can download GOYB tomorrow from itunes, then I'll be out like Kramer.

Offline domino

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 11:45:09 PM »
I wanna join the club. I've failed so far with GOYB, only a bit 'cause I mustered the strength to hit the mute button a couple seconds into the already short clips. But from here on in, im refraining!! I wish I didn't even know the song titles :(  Next album, I'll have to block access to atu2.com to be completely safe. I still haven't decided on how/where i want to listen to the album...at home? outside? maybe try one song a couple times a day to stretch the aural bliss as long as i can...

this reminded me of my HTDAAB adventures. urgh. on release day i biked-in the rain-to the nearest shopping centre really excited to buy it...and the blasted electronics store didn't have the Deluxe version i coveted so badly. I think I had to wait 2 to 3 days before they got it in too.

Anyone have a listening ritual?

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 03:46:04 AM »
How do those people who refrained feel now?

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 05:45:46 AM »
Life it too short to deny myself the pleasures which are within my reach. There is so much I can't have/do, I do my best to enjoy what I can.  :D