Author Topic: ANAHEIM June 7, who's going  (Read 4025 times)

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
Re: ANAHEIM June 7, who's going
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
Thank you so much SleepyPea! I'm thinking we'll have to drive it. No way am I leaving early to catch a train. Hope the traffic is not so backed up as it was for the Rose Bowl (heard something about 20 mile backups, crazy stuff). I'll be staying in Carlsbad because my son is getting married there - how considerate of he & his fiance to pick June 5 for the wedding and U2 to pick June 6 & 7 for concerts 50 miles away. You'd think they all got together and planned this for my convenience! Oh, and did I say my son is getting married?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline SleepyPea

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »
You're welcome, K2.  And a hearty congratulations to your son (and you) on his upcoming wedding!  It IS very considerate of him and U2 to coordinate the events to nicely to accommodate you. 

Parking at Angel Stadium should be much better than at the Rose Bowl.  For one thing, the stadium isn't in the middle of a residential area, so the streets should (theoretically) move faster.  You can also park in "opportunity" lots near the stadium, depending on how far you want to walk.  You know, parking lots that open up just for big events like this.  Quality and price varies. :)

I'm looking into "official" offsite parking with shuttles to the stadium.  If I find any, I'll put it here.

Again, congrats to your son!  Maybe they would like to spend the next day at Disneyland!  (Just a couple of miles from the stadium.)

Offline GmanThreeSixty

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
i got GA's for both nights.....it's going to be awesome!!!!!

Offline magnificent2009

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 02:24:01 PM »
I got GAs the first night, but need some decent seats the second night. I'm flying in from Florida. Anyone going to the Dodgers-Cardinals game on Tuesday, June 8?

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »
No BBQ this time. Regardless of where I end up I know this show will be better for me than the rose bowl.

Offline ibishuerta

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
To the people with GA seats what are your plans for that day?
This is my first U2 concert I wanna get a good spot on the field anyone any advice also my ticket say's no cameras rain or shine does that really mean no cameras I've been to other concerts were they say no cameras but what they mean is no professional cameras.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:43:39 PM by ibishuerta »

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »
There are plenty of threads here and on other sited touting the virtues of various spots on the field - front rail, back of pit, center of pit, outer rail, soundboard...

Nowadays, "no cameras" usually means nothing with a detachable lens.  Your point and shoot that fits in your pocket should be fine but it varies from venue to venue and security team to security team. I didn't  have a prob with my camera on any of the 360 dates so far, nor has anyone I know.  (But when I went to see Green Day and Franz Ferdinand opened for them, I tried to take a few pics and the security guy gave me the stink eye.) 

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • U2: Soul Rocking People
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
love how this thread is coming to life now that we are......

33 DAYS AWAY!!!!

...eeeeek I can't believe it:

I'm arriving to the US (ok, just typed U2 and had to amand it ;D ), to new yprk, on may 25, then to Anaheim June 4th.... i'm hyper...!! :D

I haven't decided if I wanna be both nights front row inner circle, or if the second night I wanna try outer railing.... don't know if I can resist the call of the pit! :)

Offline ibishuerta

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
28 More days What are your guy's plans for GA area?

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 11:52:35 AM »
^ I was wondering the same thing - I'm really conflicted as to whether or not to line up for the first night or the 2nd.  I'm thinking the 2nd night might have fewer people but then again, people might just leave the stadium after the 1st night show and get right back in line.  *panic!!!!!*

Offline ptrocku2

• Stateless
  • And We All Shine ON!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 11:14:16 AM »
Does anyone know when we can start lining up?  Im only 5'1 and need a good spot and this is my first time doing GA on this tour.  Any suggestions or pointers?  Have done the GA thing for last 2 tours..and got there really early, but stadiums are different. Help my U2 friends!!  :)

Offline u2pinstripes

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 04:21:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know when we can start lining up?  Im only 5'1 and need a good spot and this is my first time doing GA on this tour.  Any suggestions or pointers?  Have done the GA thing for last 2 tours..and got there really early, but stadiums are different. Help my U2 friends!!  :)

As long as you know the gate, you could technically start lining up today if you wanted.  I lined up around noon (day of the show) for NY1 and although it was a weekday in September and the show was a rescheduled date, we got almost dead-center on the back rail of the inner circle.  You need to make sure that if you're 5'1 that you are on the rail (nobody behind you).  This is because there is actually a little step where the rail is and it will boost you an extra few inches up, while also giving you a little leg room.  I'm 5'7 and I let my girlfriend take the step up on the backrail, and I stood directly in front of her.  About 4 songs into the show a group of kids who were all about 6 feet tall stood directly in front of me, and I couldn't see anything.  If you're 5'1, I would suggest trying to be on the rail outside of the pit, since no one will be in front of you.  If you get inside the pit, try to make sure you get on the back rail so you have the little step up.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »
I'm short and pretty much the first 3 rows behind either rail are fine.  I did the back rail of the pit once too and it was fine as long as you look at who's in front of you about 5 rows up and there's nobody too tall directly in front.  If there's a tall person, as long as they're 5 or 6 people in front of you, you're okay.  Personally, I think anywhere in the pit is cool (preferrably Edge's side - I thought Adam's side was a bit boring) and you don't have to show up quite as early  (some people get there between 4 and 5pm and still get a great pit spot).  I don't think the "little step" really gives you that much - I think it's more about who's around you.

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »
going both nites at Anaheim, GA

Am I the only 1 who thinks that we lucked out when U2 announced the tour will actually start in Salt Lake City Utah?  I already knew I would be going to the Anaheim shows regardless of when they took place.  I was happy that they were near the start so Bono should be in AMAZING voice.  However, I was only very slightly disappointed that it was the very first stop on the leg.  These usually go through a few bumps, although for 360 they seem to have had only 1 nite that was bumpy, the first nite.  So this means the Anaheim shows are at a PRIME time-slot, plus, weather wise, June is far better than July.  So the weather could potentially be perfect.  Also, I suspected, that since this WAS the start of the tour-leg, many travelers would be going to this show(s) in Anaheim.  Especially since LA is a touristy city as well.  I also suspect that many of the travelers will keep the Anaheim shows rather than try to go to the Salt Lake City show, since, unless its winter ski season, isnt much of a destination city. 

I am hoping my suspicions in relation to traveler holds true.  I am hoping this because usually dates which many travelers pick to show up to end up being AMAZING concerts.  I am remembering Vertigo 2005 11/05 nite 2.  I sent to both nites.  Nite 1 was great, but nite 2 was out of this world.  Bono's voice was gone, but the energy in the crowd was insane.  All memebers were AMAZED at the crowd response, and Streets was beyond nuts.  So much so that Bono kept saying WOW, and had to tell us to shut up.  I really have a strong feeling that 1 of the LA shows (prob nite 2 since nite 2 seems to always be better) or the NJ show will end up like this.

For those of us going, lets make it happen!  Wishing all of you a great concert (s) and great time in Anaheim/LA!

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • U2: Soul Rocking People
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »
I'm actually travelling from europe to see those 2 shows.... can't tell you how excited I am! I honestly cannot quit ebelieve it yet!
GA both nights... and it is gonna be so so so so amazing!
Look forward to meeting most of you there ;) don't know how we'll recognize each other, but it's gonna be cool to meet new fans and friends while queueing :)

and...... MINUS 16 today!!!!!!