Poll

gods given you the choice..one concert only..which one?

4 (8%)
vertigo
0 (0%)
elevation
7 (14%)
pop
5 (10%)
zootv
15 (30%)
lovetown
2 (4%)
joshua tree
2 (4%)
unforgettable fire
5 (10%)
war
8 (16%)
october
0 (0%)
boy
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: which concert would you like to be transported to?  (Read 2555 times)

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
Re: which concert would you like to be transported to?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 07:39:48 AM »
Off with the horns and on with the show! 

Take me to Zoo TV ... PLEASE!!!!

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »
Zoo Tv Outside Broadcast for me.  What an awesome spectacle that must have been to see it live...

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »
I wish I'd have gotten my young and foolish ass to ZooTV when it was happening, so I'd gladly step in a time machine to go back and do it right.

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »
TUF . . . we can't even get a decent video with a deluxe remastered edition . . .

InThisHeartland

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
WOW, great question

Seeing U2 for the first time this tour was by far, hands down, without a doubt the greatest night of my life.  I lived a dream.  I saw my hero.  I saw Beautiful Day. I saw Streets.  I saw City of Blinding Lights. I saw With or Without You.  I dont know if that is toppable in my case. But:

I love Vertigo U2.  Seeing an opener like COBL must have been unreal.  I would have loved to have been there to see Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, Bullet, Pride, and Love and Peace.
Elevation U2 might be my favorite.  Elevation as an opener followed by Beautiful Day=amazing
ZOO TV U2, while they are far from my favorite, was such a spectacle to behold
Joshua Tree U2 also might be my favorite.  Bono at his vocal peak

I struggled with this, but I had to give it to U2360. 

I am the same for every word of this except the last sentence where I'd go with POPmart! BOOMCHA!

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »
WOW, great question

Seeing U2 for the first time this tour was by far, hands down, without a doubt the greatest night of my life.  I lived a dream.  I saw my hero.  I saw Beautiful Day. I saw Streets.  I saw City of Blinding Lights. I saw With or Without You.  I dont know if that is toppable in my case. But:

I love Vertigo U2.  Seeing an opener like COBL must have been unreal.  I would have loved to have been there to see Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, Bullet, Pride, and Love and Peace.
Elevation U2 might be my favorite.  Elevation as an opener followed by Beautiful Day=amazing

I am the same for every word of this except the last sentence where I'd go with POPmart! BOOMCHA!

Im not qualified to talk about Popmart, I was too young and all I can base my opinions off of is the videos of the concerts I've seen.  I HATE Popmart U2, they look absolutely retarted and if I was alive and a fan of them in the 80's, seeing them do a 180 degree turn and from JT U2, I would have quit right then and there.  That is why I love Elevation U2, back to basics, back to "U2"

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:27 PM »
This was really hard!

It would have been so cool to see baby U2, giving it their all in Out of Control and Electric Co. But, it probably wouldn't have been the greatest sound-wise, given Bono's penchance to screaming the words. :)
War would have been amazing, because U2 were just getting famous but they still weren't really "aware" of it (I don't know how else to describe it). They were at the top of their game, loving every minute of it.
Joshua Tree would have been cool too, but only if Bono was singing like he sings on the JT album, instead of how he does in Bad on and R&H. (WEIRD voice inflection!!)
ZooTV would have been mind-blowing, from Zoo Station, to The Fly (the song and character), Even Better Than the Real Thing, and Daddy's Gonna Pay... Not to mention One!!
Popmart would have been interesting solely for the spectacle of it all, and acoustic SBS.
Elevation seems so happy and uplifting. Watching Slane Castle, the whole thing just seemed pumped; Wake Up Dead Man is BEAUTIFUL.
I would have loved Vertigo for the "oldies" (An Cat Dubh, Into the Heart, Out of Control), but as I now am SO familiar with all the music from the Vertigo period, it would be a little boring. (still neat though)
I just saw 360 a month ago, so it's fresh in my mind.

This was a great topic, it really made me think. My finalists were War, Boy, and Elevation, but I chose War. Red Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »
WOW, great question

Im not qualified to talk about Popmart, I was too young and all I can base my opinions off of is the videos of the concerts I've seen.  I HATE Popmart U2, they look absolutely retarted and if I was alive and a fan of them in the 80's, seeing them do a 180 degree turn and from JT U2, I would have quit right then and there.  That is why I love Elevation U2, back to basics, back to "U2"

Be careful here. There are MANY older U2 fans that have been around a lot longer than you have that LOVE Pop.. Newer fans to the band like yourself are of course entitled to your opinions of them as well, but remember you were not around to appreciate what the band were trying to do with Zooropa and Pop. Just because you  love the more mainstream and radio friendly U2 does not mean that their experimental phase was retarded, as you so nicely put it!

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 07:25:51 PM »
Red Rocks - hands down! (Therefore I voted War Tour!)

Amen to that, Zoost!

Having said that, ZooTV is a very close second. :)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
WOW, great question

Be careful here. There are MANY older U2 fans that have been around a lot longer than you have that LOVE Pop.. Newer fans to the band like yourself are of course entitled to your opinions of them as well, but remember you were not around to appreciate what the band were trying to do with Zooropa and Pop. Just because you  love the more mainstream and radio friendly U2 does not mean that their experimental phase was retarded, as you so nicely put it!

Sorry about the word choice, seriously i am.  I do love mainstream U2, thats the U2 I grew up with.  But I also love the non radio friendly, non mainstream stuff.  If God Will Send His Angels, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Acrobat, An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart are some of my all time favorites.  JT U2, Elevation U2, and NLOTH U2 are my favorites.  The "fundamental U2". Not the outlandish Zoo TV and Pop U2 with the ridiculous clothes and personas