Author Topic: What U2 songs are played locally?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Matty_Mullens

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "Brevity is the essence of wit" Brian Eno-1984
What U2 songs are played locally?
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
Basically, what are some of the more uncommon songs that you've heard on one of your local radio stations.  We all hear Pride, Beautiful Day, I still haven't found among others.  For example, in Nashville where I live, I've heard over the last couple of years (Some days are better than others, Gloria live at red rocks, Two hearts beat as one)
What are some songs you've heard recently?

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Re: What U2 songs are played locally?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
Window in the sky, but I'm not big on listening to the radio here, most of the music stations play techno  :(

hurricane hugo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Window in the sky, but I'm not big on listening to the radio here, most of the music stations play techno  :(

I'd love that - I'm in the birthplace of techno (Detroit, MI, USA), and I never hear it on the local airwaves. :(

As far as U2 songs, though...Detroit is a border city. Canada's right across the river, and the 2 big Canadian stations (especially 93.9 FM) put out a large variety of U2, which kinda forces the US stations to play more U2 than they probably would otherwise. In the last few months, I've heard the following:

Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, All Because of You and City of Blinding Lights from Atomic Bomb
Beautiful Day and Stuck in a Moment from ...Leave Behind.
Discotheque, Staring At The Sun and Please from Pop
Miss Sarajevo from Passengers
Stay and Lemon from Zooropa
Even Better..., One, Until the End..., Who's Gonna Ride..., The Fly, Mysterious Ways and Ultraviolet from AB
Desire, When Love Comes To Town and All I Want Is You from R&H
the first 5 songs off The Joshua Tree, plus In God's Country and One Tree Hill. Spanish Eyes, too.
Bad(live) and 3 Sunrises from Wide Awake in America.
A sort of homecoming, Pride and the title track from TUF.
the singles from War (SBS, NYD and 2 Hearts...)
Gloria from October
I will Follow and Stories For Boys from Boy

By the "last few months", I mean the last 3 or 4 btw.

#@!

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »
A little while ago I heard Helter Skelter from Rattle & Hum on WMMR. It was during this bit where the dj put his iPod on shuffle and plays whatever comes up.

eurydice

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
The Current (Minnesota Public Radio, streaming live at mpr.org) digs deep into the U2 catalog from time to time. Over the past few weeks I've heard "Stories for Boys", "Trip Through Your Wires" and "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses."