Author Topic: Worst thing U2 has done?  (Read 3789 times)

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Worst thing U2 has done?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2 have admitted this already in U2 By U2.  It was by far the POP fiasco.

Cheers,

J

yeah, but the question isn't asking the band, it's asking us, the fans.

and the fans disagree vehemently, and our opinion is more important than U2's

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 11:18:13 AM »
U2 have admitted this already in U2 By U2.  It was by far the POP fiasco.

Cheers,

J

yeah, but the question isn't asking the band, it's asking us, the fans.

Jick does not have his own opinions. He listens to what the band says and agrees with everything they say. Period. If the band like it, he likes it, if they hate it, he hates it. He also bases his 'best of's....' and rates U2's work on whether or not they won Grammy's and also sales figures. how many sales albums/singles make.

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »
Booking the pop tour too early, we all see it was a mistake, just think how better the album might have been with more time perhaps realeased in 1998

Not doing another movie on tour movie? The Beatles made a few...

taking three years out 94-97 ??? perhaps a bit too harsh there, just a thought...
(remember the french arty looking bono? around '94.. we never saw him on stage there should have been an album in 1995 that featured him... instead we got the pop bono.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 01:42:14 PM »
Booking the pop tour too early, we all see it was a mistake, just think how better the album might have been with more time perhaps realeased in 1998

Not doing another movie on tour movie? The Beatles made a few...

taking three years out 94-97 ??? perhaps a bit too harsh there, just a thought...
(remember the french arty looking bono? around '94.. we never saw him on stage there should have been an album in 1995 that featured him... instead we got the pop bono.

Sorry robertbusby -

NO NO NO - terrible sentence. Pop is just brilliant as it is. Look what has happened to U2's newer stuff after going back to it, re-doing it, OVER producing it.

Pop's rawness (and in U2's words which I disagree with) unfinished state is to me, what makes it special.

Oh, and leave it alone - do not go back to it and mess with it. It is the album I am LEAST looking forward to being re-mastered for this reason.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »
5. The Golden Circle seats on Elevation. Not a good value for the money.

4. Trying Your Blue Room in a stadium. It would have worked in an arena, but they will never touch it again. I LOVE that song.

3. Booking the PopMart Tour before the album was released. Not a commentary on the quality of either the tour or the record, I'm just saying it was bad business.

2. Three words: Bono in eyeliner.

1. Boots as the lead single from NLOTH. I like the song live, but it is a horrible representation of what the record is about.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 02:00:13 PM »
5. The Golden Circle seats on Elevation. Not a good value for the money.

4. Trying Your Blue Room in a stadium. It would have worked in an arena, but they will never touch it again. I LOVE that song.

3. Booking the PopMart Tour before the album was released. Not a commentary on the quality of either the tour or the record, I'm just saying it was bad business.

2. Three words: Bono in eyeliner.

1. Boots as the lead single from NLOTH. I like the song live, but it is a horrible representation of what the record is about.

As you probably have noticed I'm a HUGE Pop/Pop Mart fan. But I agree, it was a bad business. The tour timing was probably fine at the time it was booked - but then the album sessions went on and on and the album was late - they should have then pushed back the start date of the tour.

I agree with your other points, except the eyeliner one  :D

Offline brendan,belfast

• Wanderer
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
Get on Your Boots