Author Topic: why do so many people hate bono  (Read 14309 times)

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
why do so many people hate bono
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:27:09 AM »
i dont understand this i even read that someone at glastonbury heard people boo when bonos picture came on screen last year.. people set up youtube videos of hate and accusation . the guy never killed anyone has never been accused of harming kids  . stealing money from charities or sleeping with another woman. maybe thats the problem he is too clean ???

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
Re: why do so many people hate bono
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:56:29 AM »
he talks too much, has a touch of megalonomia (?), is successful, hob nobs with politicians, is earnest and eager and is happily married. This is why some people cannot stand him. Also he has been very popular for decades which tends to vex some of the UK press

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:59:21 AM »
Envy - There's a lot of it about these days.

Aarong

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
Dont think it's envy. Some people just cant stand the man! I have had it said to my face that they'd love U2 if it wasnt for Bono - that his voice just goes through them. Probably for much the same reason that larry was being vocal earlier in the year - hob nobbing with politicians when he should have been singing, over publicising Drop the Debt, perceived irony taking their tex (on Rpyalties) to the Netherlands whilst doing so

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 02:30:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Dont think it's envy. Some people just cant stand the man! I have had it said to my face that they'd love U2 if it wasnt for Bono - that his voice just goes through them. Probably for much the same reason that larry was being vocal earlier in the year - hob nobbing with politicians when he should have been singing, over publicising Drop the Debt, perceived irony taking their tex (on Rpyalties) to the Netherlands whilst doing so

They would love U2 if it wasn't for Bono!  There would be no U2 without Bono.  Bono has one of the most legendary voices in popular music - ever.  NOBODY in music has ever done as much for LDC's (less developed countries) as Bono including Sir Bob Geldof.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »
they hate his open personality.  many people can't stand that bono does things normal 'respectable' rock stars don't...he voices his opinion, isn't afraid to look like  a complete idiot, talks to politicians regardless of politics, and basically does things we're too scared to do ourselves.  he still hasn't found what he's looking for, and people hate that.  not to mention half the bono haters don't know the man, they just know his persona or what the media portrays of him, and often don't get that he's making fun of himself or other things half the time (like he did on zoo tv).

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:25 PM »
I don't know why so many hate Bono. He seems to be a fine example of a human being. He is a good husband and father who loves his family. He is a gentleman who respects women and he is truly trying to help be a voice for those who have none. He is trying to make a difference. He also has an amazing voice that can move people like no other.

So back to the question.....why do people hate Bono?  ??? ;)

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »
I do not!

I like him.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:38:17 PM »
We love Bono!  :D

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
Confession: I originally didn't like Bono... it was his big personality. But now I totally love him (Edge first, of course) and I've come to accept that band leaders have to have big personalitites. So yeah, go Bono!

On another note: This is my 200th post!  ;D

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »
I've always been secretly in love in Bono.

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »
Most people I know can't stand Bono. I like to guy, I admire him for what he's done. I think some people don't like a do gooder. But there are 1000's of people out there, maybe evern millions (?), who appreciate what Bono has done.

You can't please everyone.

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know why so many hate Bono. He seems to be a fine example of a human being. He is a good husband and father who loves his family. He is a gentleman who respects women and he is truly trying to help be a voice for those who have none. He is trying to make a difference. He also has an amazing voice that can move people like no other.

So back to the question.....why do people hate Bono?  ??? ;)

Good way to put it!

Why do people hate Bono?  Cause it is easy.  People like easy.  Why do I hate the Calgary Flames?  Because it is easy.  They just grate on my nerves that is all.  People who hate Bono are just people I will not be close with.  It is sometimes helpful in life when meeting new people.  Weeds out the Wa***rs.
 :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:27:00 PM by hj »

countrygirl

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 08:19:54 AM »
 I love Bono..........everything about him!!!!!

My 15 year old son doesn't like him, and when asked why he just says that he so annoying. He likes everyone else in the band though. :-[

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »
Everyone's just jealous of his sexiness....

Hj, you have a really good point.