Author Topic: Another U2 youtube soundclip....Is this Bono?  (Read 14175 times)

Offline drjako

• Stateless
Re: Another U2 youtube soundclip....Is this Bono?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:02:13 PM »
No way is that Bono. His voice is 100 times better than that.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:05:20 PM »
What? This is Bono at his best, the singing is terrific. I find it hard to believe that people think this is not Bono.

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What? This is Bono at his best, the singing is terrific. I find it hard to believe that people think this is not Bono.

I KNOW! How can these folks even claim to be U2 fans? Look at the cover art. Listen to the words. This will be a commercial for the album.

Some people are going to be really disappointed when this album finally does come out. I for one am ready for the departure from the last two albums. I have listened to these guys for over 20 years and was about ready to leave them out too dry on their last release. Thanks God they have changed!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »

I KNOW! How can these folks even claim to be U2 fans? Look at the cover art. Listen to the words. This will be a commercial for the album.

Some people are going to be really disappointed when this album finally does come out. I for one am ready for the departure from the last two albums. I have listened to these guys for over 20 years and was about ready to leave them out too dry on their last release. Thanks God they have changed!

I mean, the lyrics are amazing, his songwriting looks like its been improved a lot, his voice is phenomenal. But i'll try to keep my distance because you never know, he could be a fake Bono.

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »
Did you hear the audio leaks of the songs on youtube earlier this year? This is one of those tracks that was recorded outside of Bono's house. Attention to detail....

Offline CDProp

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 10:22:32 PM »
First of all, I loved the clip, but...

Is this thread an elaborate prank? It sounded like a terrible impersonation of Bono, at best. In fact, if I had heard this clip in any other context, Bono wouldn't even spring to mind.

If I'm wrong, you guys can bump this thread and rub it in my face, but that was someone else.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
We're gonna get to the bottom of this.  :-X

Offline CDProp

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »
I actually hope I'm wrong, because it sounded good. I won't lie. LOL.

Edit: I admit it sounds like him during the words "alibis" and "at all".

Offline car chase

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »
I hope this is real, cause it would seem Bono remembered how to write lyrics, and some how defied age and actually got a better voice then 5 years ago.  I would be very pleasantly surprised if the was real, which I don't think it is.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
The lyrics certainly do seem to fit "No Line", but I don't think it could possibly be Bono. There's a certain tenor to his voice now ever since he started smoking in the 90s that the clip doesn't have. Methinks its one of producers maybe?

And for some reason, it reminds me of Hawkmoon.

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
While the lyrics are very bono-esque, i think it sounds like late 80s early 90s bono.

Furthermore, the guitar is too out of tune for this to be on the finished product

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »
Maybe it could be from the studio?

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »
Wish I hadn't listened to it   I don't have the self-control to NOT listen to any future ones either ....@#%!

Domino... I don't have any self control when it comes to U2!
Sounds great, I think. I actually hope that's the real thing!

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »
It could easily be someone who has heard the clips from outside the beach house and deciphered some of the lyrics and decided to post their own version on youtube with acoustic guitar. To me it just doesn't sound like Bono at all. But we'll see in a little while I suppose.
The snippet of Boots has got me ultra-excited. Hope there's more of the same tenacity and attitude on the complete album.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »
It sounds a bit like Bono...but it sounds more like someone imitating Bono. I think the general singing is allright but the tone is not quite Bono's range.

Remember this tune on the Salomé outtakes, "take today" ? And the demo for "the fly" "Ultra Violet" & "lady with the spinning head", very few people noticed the The Edge's voice was almost everywhere. And we knew it was U2 !

I also know of a U2 fan that once came up to me with that strange CD he had bought, very excited : "these are U2's demos and stuff, unbelievable". Yeah...except it was some random singer with synthetizers & drum machines calling himself Devil of Harlem. It was even written on the cover.

People see & hear what they want to see & hear.

But...you know...I've been wrong before.