Author Topic: Another U2 youtube soundclip....Is this Bono?  (Read 14017 times)

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Another U2 youtube soundclip....Is this Bono?
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »
Alright, here are the 3 descriptions we have of "No Line of the Horizon" (that I know of)

ROLLING STONE
The title track's relentless groove began as a group improvisation. "It's very raw and very to the point," says the Edge. "It's like rock & roll 2009."

USA TODAY WRITER
Bono and Edge played this song for a USA Today writer during an in-the-car interview at the Sundance Film Festival. On hearing it, writer Anthony Breznican says "heavy distortion fills the car," and later adds: "The song is rough, weaving between brutal guitar blasts underscoring the mellow title refrain." Edge explains that the song "It came out of a new distortion box that my guitar tech got."

Q MAGAZINE
Began life as a slow-paced Eno-esque, ambient treatment, before being dramatically reworked in the Olympic sessions into an abrasive punk-rock tune, akin to Vertigo, with its "No! Line!" chorus chant. "It's the Buzzcocks meet Bow Wow Wow," reckons Bono.

So basically, I have 4 theories from this (just so we can all get along):
1. It's not Bono or U2 at all
2. Assuming the above descriptions are correct and there are 2 versions of the song, they reverted back to the earlier one
3. The song starts off slow and then starts rocking after about a minute (which might be the best case scenario)
4. It's just something U2 recorded that is nothing more than an idea.

Offline Sicy

• Babyface
  • Meet me in the sound
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »
Guys, that is NOT Bono.  It's gotta be a cover/tribute band of some sort.

The new clip of Get on your boots that were on youtube this morning have already been removed!

If this clip were real, it would have been removed long ago.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 12:35:12 PM by Sicy »

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »
The song was removed by Universal.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »
I want to hear it again!!! Do you know where we can get it?

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
It was removed by the user, not Universal

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
It's not on the site, but I heard it and judging by Bono's lacklustre voice at the Obama rally today it was not Bono on the video. The voice was too good. LOL

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 02:29:45 AM »
U2 have released the first single from the band's upcoming album today. "Get On Your Boots" is taken from No Line on the Horizon , the group's first album since the 2004 release of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb .

"Get On Your Boots" is taken from No Line on the Horizon , the group's first album since the 2004 release of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb . It received its first airplay on radio this morning.

Although the single had been kept under wraps, a number of songs from the new album emerged on the video-sharing website You Tube, although they were subsequently taken down.

The new single can be heard on the band's website.

Yesterday, U2 joined a number of stars who took part in an opening event at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington to mark Barack Obama’s presidential inauguration.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 02:37:33 AM »
So what ?

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 02:43:29 AM »

Although the single had been kept under wraps, a number of songs from the new album emerged on the video-sharing website You Tube, although they were subsequently taken down.

The single had been kept under wraps until today although one fan managed to record several tracks from the new album using his mobile phone when Bono played them too loudly from his beachside home in the village of Eze-sur-Mere, near Nice, during the summer. The songs were placed on the video-sharing website You Tube, but were quickly taken down.
That is is the whole quote , it's old news me thinks.......

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2009, 02:49:37 AM »

The single had been kept under wraps until today although one fan managed to record several tracks from the new album using his mobile phone when Bono played them too loudly from his beachside home in the village of Eze-sur-Mere, near Nice, during the summer. The songs were placed on the video-sharing website You Tube, but were quickly taken down.
That is is the whole quote , it's old news me thinks.......

The story just came out two hours ago online. And that wasnt the quote from the story in the Irish Times...

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2009, 02:53:24 AM »
The reference is to the famous mobile phone saga outside his hoose in Eze many months ago. It is the Irish times article we are talking about?
I know it's a new article but they are talking about last year. Am I reading it wrong?

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2009, 03:01:09 AM »
No, you're not.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:03:49 AM by soloyan »

Offline Kenitai

• Wanderer
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2009, 03:36:39 AM »
It's not on the site, but I heard it and judging by Bono's lacklustre voice at the Obama rally today it was not Bono on the video. The voice was too good. LOL

Exactly! If his voice was that good, he'd then sing much better at the Obama rally.

Bono's voice really never was the name ever since entering the POP era and what followed.
And after listening to Get On Your Boots, it still sounds the same, just Bono sang it much like he would sing in POP for example.

Ever heard the demo version of Heaven and Hell?(I believe it was a AB demo track) Much the voice of the JT & AB era, much of the clip in youtube sounded like that.

However, if for some reason it is true, it is very much welcomed!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:40:10 AM by Kenitai »

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2009, 07:30:57 AM »
You cannot argue though, that Bono's voice is much improved from the Vertigo Tour. His voice is sounding in great shape. When's the last time you saw him sing Pride as well as at the Obama inauguration? He is more able to add more style to his vocals these days, rather than blaring it all out.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:47:10 AM by DGordon1 »