Author Topic: U2 are for Teenagers  (Read 22324 times)

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
Re: U2 are for Teenagers
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Simple Minds WAS great. Graffiti Soul is quite mediocre. One of those bands, like Echo and the Bunnymen, that peaked around 1981.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2009, 09:17:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Simple Minds WAS great. Graffiti Soul is quite mediocre. One of those bands, like Echo and the Bunnymen, that peaked around 1981.
Really Simple minds peaked around 81?
I always though they peaked with New Gold Dream? Graffiti soul is actually a better album than No line. Simple Minds were really lacking since the end of the 80's but Graffiti Soul is a great comeback.  Their opening song Moscow underground Crushes U2's opening song No line on the horizon. Not their best album but actually surprisingly good. At least The Minds Sound Like they're trying. U2 sound like they a margaritas on a French beach too many.

• Precious Stone
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
I always though they peaked with New Gold Dream? Graffiti soul is actually a better album than No line. Simple Minds were really lacking since the end of the 80's but Graffiti Soul is a great comeback.  Their opening song Moscow underground Crushes U2's opening song No line on the horizon. Not their best album but actually surprisingly good. At least The Minds Sound Like they're trying. U2 sound like they a margaritas on a French beach too many.

Yep. Simple Minds peaked around 1981. NLOTH is "infinitely" better than GS. Moscow Underground is a decent enough song but NLOTH blows it away.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »
U2 peaked in 1993. After Zooropa it's been downhill. Pop's good but not great. Kinda like a blib on the radar after that the star went dead.

• Precious Stone
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »
POP is a great album.

• Precious Stone
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2009, 09:48:39 AM »
Ya know, ironically enough, I can't think of one song that U2 has done specifically designed for teenagers. "The Cutter", on the other hand, could be interpreted as identifying with teens with "cut" themselves.  :D

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »
funny if you google 'teenagers love U2', the top of the search results goes to this-
and then some really politically incorrect sites or just incorrect period!!
...so don't do the search~

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
U2 peaked in 1993. After Zooropa it's been downhill. Pop's good but not great. Kinda like a blib on the radar after that the star went dead.
it's all just humble opinions right JA?
mine are almost polar opposite to yours usually and all I can say, there are plenty of nuggets to be found between '93 and '09 and quite simply stated a lyric comes to mind...
"i did not notice the passersby and they did not notice me..."

So without U2 2009 we would have never heard that wonderful line, so shame on the thought that there was or will ever be a peak!!
U2 forever!!

shockdocta22

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »

Pop was better than Zooropa

and NLOTH was better than Pop

Offline tsakhuja [Desert Sky]

• Wanderer
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2009, 06:59:56 PM »
In my experience the majority of the people at a U2 concert are not teenagers.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2009, 02:01:18 AM »
In my experience the majority of the people at a U2 concert are not teenagers.
Or even hardcore fans. A lot of people come to see the brand U2 play.

Offline Aqua

• Acrobat
  • adam for trlica 8^)
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2009, 03:25:35 AM »

Pop better than Zooropa.... you don't really mean that... do you? do you? :'( :'(

Yep. Simple Minds peaked around 1981. NLOTH is "infinitely" better than GS. Moscow Underground is a decent enough song but NLOTH blows it away.
I've been listening to Graffiti Soul and I sent Moscow Underground to a number of friends. Each one has said NLOTH is a better song than Moscow.(BTW I sent it only once to a teen the rest to adults).

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2009, 04:09:30 AM »

Pop better than Zooropa.... you don't really mean that... do you? do you? :'( :'(

I've been listening to Graffiti Soul and I sent Moscow Underground to a number of friends. Each one has said NLOTH is a better song than Moscow.(BTW I sent it only once to a teen the rest to adults).
Anyway I love Moscow underground. It's the best opening song I've heard on and Album this year. No line is kinda meeeeh from a band trying to hard to sound cool.

Offline Aqua

• Acrobat
  • adam for trlica 8^)
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2009, 04:17:46 AM »

Anyway I love Moscow underground. It's the best opening song I've heard on and Album this year. No line is kinda meeeeh from a band trying to hard to sound cool.
So you don't HATE No Line?

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2009, 04:48:23 AM »
Cool is overrated.