Author Topic: 2009 U2 Fan Christmas/Holiday Card Exchange - It's ON!  (Read 20388 times)

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
Re: 2009 U2 Fan Christmas/Holiday Card Exchange - It's ON!
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Will additional stamps being needed for mailing to other countries? Just wondering... I havent even started my cards yet. Maybe I will tonight.

Offline Bonoffee

• Acrobat
  • Excise is a small price to pay for bliss.
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »
Got my list today!! So excited!!

I also think it would be a great idea to include our usernames on the card. Only if you're comfortable with it, of course. :)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will additional stamps being needed for mailing to other countries? Just wondering... I havent even started my cards yet. Maybe I will tonight.

That will vary, depending on the country. I always take mine to the post office to let them figure it out.

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2009, 01:21:54 PM »
So it's okay if we do them in English... in case we get anyone from another country, I assume they speak English at least somewhat if they signed up for this, right?

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »
Right. I always add my username.  :)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »
I just sent off a card to Brazil... COOL :D

I just actually put my username on mine, I didn't even put my real name on there.

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
Wow, I got some cool places likes Sweden, Australia, Brazil, The Netherlands and Austria!  ;D

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »
Right. I always add my username.  :)

Cripes I included "all" my user names for here and Interference and U2.com because they are all slightly different LOL!  And my twitter and my email and my blog.  I just realized it is a bit of overkill no?
Well the blog addy is actually to the Vegas U2360 thread so that is seperate and part of the diatribe of, 'and I saw them in Vegas and I took video and U2, U2, U2, and Vegas, Vegas, Vegas...."

I wrote a little letter in mine.  What can I say I am not a fan of brevity.  ;P

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »
Just got my list!!!  This is my 3rd year doing it.  I love it.  I've hand made some of them but not all.  But everyone gets a little U2 something  ;)

Just a personal selfish request - if you don't mind, maybe put your username on the card too, so if we "see" you on here, we know who to thank.  But if you'd rather keep username and real world info separate, I totally understand.  I'm Maryann.

YAY!!!

Hi zooey (Maryann)!!!  I don't think it will be too hard to recognize at least one person on your list  ;)!!!!!! 

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2009, 07:33:19 PM »
Dont worry, its just fun knowing they are from all our friends here and postmarked
from all over..they start coming in all of a sudden too!

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2009, 11:58:11 PM »
I live in the US.. Cards to Canada were about 10 cents more than normal if I remember right from last year.  Cards to the UK were around 20 cents more. Places like Brazil, Netherlands, Australia, etc. vary.. I remember sending one to Kiev (Ukraine) one year, and it was almost a dollar. I also know that every time I've gotten one from Australia, it never arrives until around the second week of January. I don't know why. Oh well. & yes they DO start coming in all of the sudden.. you go out to your mailbox & are delighted to see it's overflowing with U2 cheer day after day.. it's awesome. :) I remember one year I got 32 cards from the card exchange.. what a year.. think that was in 2002. I had them all hanging up along side cards from my family, coworkers, etc. too. Almost covered a whole wall in my living room. :D

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
wooo! just got my list.  its gonna be awesome! ive gotta get on sending them out soon as i get back home.  :D :D :D

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2009, 10:41:25 AM »
I posted cards today.  For those of you in the US sending cards abroad: the rate was 98 cents, from Canada to Australia and anywhere in between.  Maybe save yourself a trip to the post office if you can swing that with stamps you already have???  Happy @U2 holidays, All!!!  :)

Offline Zooropa

• Babyface
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »
Thanks for the offers to send cards to the person I forgot to add. I need just a few more people, so if you'd like to send an extra card, just e-mail me at u2christmas@gmail.com.

For the last couple of years I've done this, there's been about 140 participants each time. This year there's been at least 200, and a lot more people outside the U.S. signed up. Prior to this, because there were fewer non-U.S. exchangers, the percentages worked out for me to do three U.S. addresses, then an international one, and then repeat the process on each list. This time, every third address on the lists is an international one. Which is nice because now you'll get more cards from around the world!

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
I mailed mine out yesterday! I had them all ready to go. Just needed to add the addresses. Hope the out of country cards make it there on time! Can't wait to start receiving cards!