Author Topic: Pre-Order No Line On The Horizon from iTunes  (Read 7953 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Pre-Order No Line On The Horizon from iTunes
« on: January 17, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Not quite up and running yet, but appears that there is an exclusive pre-order only track and an iTunes Exclusive track for a total of 13 songs if you pre-order.  It also appears that the only way to download Get On You Boots as soon as people are saying (Monday Jan 19) will be to pre-order the entire album.

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
Re: Pre-Order No Line On The Horizon from iTunes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
ye looks that way and for some reason it only appears to be available in the US . its not on the UK site yet .

streetmission

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 07:19:54 AM »
Actually, I've read several places that you'll get the single early if you pre-order the album, but that it'll also be available as a single track download on Monday.  We'll see what happens.

EDIT:  If they are going the way of only releasing the track with pre-orders, and not making it available as an individual download on Monday too, it makes no business sense to me.  More people are buying individual songs than albums these days.  And I know a lot of people who would rather buy it than download it illegally, but if it's available illegally before they can buy it they will download it illegally.  Plus iTunes songs are now DRM-free. 

EDIT 2:  If it is only available if you preorder the album, it may actually be a brilliant business move, now that I think about it.  U2 is a huge brand, and I know a lot of people who would pre-order the album now in order to get the song now (myself included).  On a whim I clicked the pre-order button for the album and it works, and I got really excited.  But all it did was take me to my account settings, then when I clicked done it bumped me back to the store.  Far away, so close! ;D  Oh, and FYI, if you pre-order the album Monday you will be charged for "Get On Your Boots" and it will be downloaded instantly.  Then on Mar. 2/3 you will be sent an email with a link; click on the link in the email and you will be able to download the album and then you will be charged the other $9.00.

EDIT 3:  To find "No Line On the Horizon" in the iTunes store just search for it, or you can click on the link in the first post in this thread.  It won't show up in the U2 section of the store, but it will show up if you search for it.  I was thinking about waiting to buy the physical cd in the store, but now I think I'll get the iTunes version, especially with the two bonus tracks if I pre-order.  I get the digital booklet, the same one I'd get if I bought the physical cd.  Oh, and did anyone notice that the cover artwork in the iTunes store is the same photo but without the horizontal gray bars?  Interesting.  Now I'm done with my edits.  Thanks for your patience and thanks for reading! :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:18:37 AM by streetmission »

Offline MelicansMatkin

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Matkin from U2Gigs
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
I found it fine in the Canadian store, but it won't let me pre-order; said it had become unavailable while I was in the store :(

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 12:14:12 PM »
Same for me in the American version...maybe Monday?

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »
Yeah it did the same for on the U.S. version also.  At least they're letting us get the single Monday it made no sense to make us wait a whole month after this Monday. 

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »
Nothing in Australia yet either.  I'd say it will pop up on the UK and Australian site today. Probably a timezone thing.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »
Why is there no = sign on the album cover on the preorder page?

Revolver7

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »
Streetmission, you should be hardcore and buy the iTunes version AND the physical copy... ;)

Offline Ro~Jo

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »
iTunes album preorders/prerelease singles usually let you download the single individually.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Streetmission, you should be hardcore and buy the iTunes version AND the physical copy... ;)

Heh heh...that's what I'm doing!
The iTunes version for the bonus tracks, and the physical copy for the booklet and extra stuff (I'm getting the one that's one step up from the regular CD - don't have the money for the big box set!)

Revolver7

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
I'm going to listen to the iTunes bonus tracks first...but I'm most likely going to buy both

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 01:26:19 AM »
Still nothing on the Australian iTunes store.  Anything in the UK? Hopefully the start of the working week will bring good news.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 05:57:32 AM »
Nothing in the UK so far.....

Offline B

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 07:08:09 AM »
so no pre-order until tomorrow, I presume? I just tried and it said No Longer Available ...