Author Topic: Pre-Order No Line On The Horizon from iTunes  (Read 7974 times)

streetmission

Re: Pre-Order No Line On The Horizon from iTunes
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 07:37:57 AM »
^I'm guessing tomorrow, but @U2 is guessing Tuesday (as it says on the homepage).  We've heard reports that the single will be available for download Monday; it makes no sense to make it available Monday and the pre-orders Tuesday.  When you search for the single the album will pop up, as it's already listed in the U2 catalog.  Many people will be angry tomorrow if they see a pre-order link, click on it, and it doesn't work.  Why separate the release of the single and the album pre-order by a day, especially if the single will be an instant download with all pre-orders? 

silvrlvr

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah it did the same for on the U.S. version also.  At least they're letting us get the single Monday it made no sense to make us wait a whole month after this Monday. 

Same here -- my response was "Unavailable for pre-order. Some items may have changed and are no longer available."

I wonder if they put the page up because they were losing so many pre-orders to Amazon.com and because there's been so much buzz about the new single. At least this way, people can see iTunes will have the album and decide to put off buying it elsewhere. Seems kind of silly to put it up with a non-working "pre-order" button, though.

Offline u2boy11

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 09:03:54 AM »
so I tried my itunes and it let me pre-order...but I haven't got GOYB yet.

But I'm sooo excited! However...I tried with my second itunes account (I have two computers) and it wouldn't let me.

Maybe a glich?

Who knows. But I'm glad they'l have this digital copy. That makes me feel a lot better about buying the vinyl version.

streetmission

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »
so I tried my itunes and it let me pre-order...but I haven't got GOYB yet.

But I'm sooo excited! However...I tried with my second itunes account (I have two computers) and it wouldn't let me.

Maybe a glich?

Who knows. But I'm glad they'l have this digital copy. That makes me feel a lot better about buying the vinyl version.

Woah, it let you pre-order already?  Then they must be planning to make it available tomorrow! :D

Did they tell you anything about GOYB after you pre-ordered?

Offline TeddyTV

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
Just my $.02... but I prefer actually having a copy of the album (ok, CD...) in my possession. I still like having something tangible you can feel and touch, so it seems like I'm being penalized (not receiving the bonus tracks) if I don't download the album from iTunes.

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
Same here -- my response was "Unavailable for pre-order. Some items may have changed and are no longer available."

I wonder if they put the page up because they were losing so many pre-orders to Amazon.com and because there's been so much buzz about the new single. At least this way, people can see iTunes will have the album and decide to put off buying it elsewhere. Seems kind of silly to put it up with a non-working "pre-order" button, though.

I got the same message (I'm in Canada, too) - maybe it's just a work in progress.  I intend to keep trying to pre-order, even though I've already pre-ordered my hard copy from Amazon.com!

Has anyone noticed the subtle changes on the U2.com website?  I'm guessing they're working furiously on it to make it look like the new album and less like the last one, hopefully this week.  Not that I have anything against red & black - it's a classic combination - but something new would be welcome!

~L

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »
Why is there no = sign on the album cover on the preorder page?

I was wondering the same thing.  Where did the big bars go?  Which is the actual album cover?

Offline U2Joshua

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »
...for anyone interested:  Using "Josh's iTunes Art Grabber", found here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ...  You can download a large copy of the album art.  This is interesting, as in the past Apple has done a good job at blocking Josh's application from getting at most album art.  Anyway, I have a nice 1425 x 1425 .jpg of the album art saved as my desktop ;D.  Quite nice!

Not sure if this will work, but here is the direct link to the .jpg file:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline macmango

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »
well it looks like this will be another u2 album i buy twice.  CAN'T WAIT!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 06:59:56 PM »

I got the same message (I'm in Canada, too) - maybe it's just a work in progress.  I intend to keep trying to pre-order, even though I've already pre-ordered my hard copy from Amazon.com!

Has anyone noticed the subtle changes on the U2.com website?  I'm guessing they're working furiously on it to make it look like the new album and less like the last one, hopefully this week.  Not that I have anything against red & black - it's a classic combination - but something new would be welcome!

~L

What sublte changes to the website ElJayVee?

silvrlvr

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »

~L

Subtle, to say the least. The front page is now a big photo of the band in Morocco, and the red is gone except for a U2 logo. But there is too much left over from Vertigo to redesign all at once. Still, you'd think they might have thought about this a little sooner? They could have even taken the site down for a day and brought it back up with an NLOTH theme.

As for the latest on iTunes, when I clicked on the link tonight, I got a response that read, "This album is not available for pre-order in your country." The album cover is there, with a note that it will be released on March 03. When I went to the UK site, I found no trace of NLOTH at all.

streetmission

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »
Just a note:  There's a link front and center on iTunes to pre-order the album and you get an instant download of "Get On Your Boots".  There are two formats:  a deluxe $17.99 version that has an additional digital booklet and Anton Corbijn's video "Linear"; a $9.99 standard version with a digital booklet.  Both versions have the two bonus tracks.  How long before "Get On Your Boots" is the #1 iTunes download?  Any guesses? :)