Author Topic: Wish list of opening acts  (Read 13308 times)

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Wish list of opening acts
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Phoenix or Colorado would be great opening bands.  And the Bravery opened for Green Day here and sadly let me down with their live show so I would give anything to see them again, hoping they just had an off night or something.  I am enjoying these suggestions and they are opening me up to new bands I have never heard of before.  Thanks guys!

I saw the Bravery in either Aug or Sept in Las Vegas, and I was also disappointed.  It ranked near the bottom of concerts I've been to.  ZERO stage presence and every song ran together.  No spark or energy, even from the popular songs.  It was also an extremely short set.  They were the headliner and thier set was shorter than pretty much every opening band I've seen at other concerts.  Pathetic.  5 songs or so? Less than an hour.  Snoozefest.  It wasnt even about the tempo of the songs either.  Thier songs were neither energetic live nor intimate or stirring in any fashion

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
Re: Wish list of opening acts
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2010, 09:33:33 AM »
Phoenix or Colorado would be great opening bands.  And the Bravery opened for Green Day here and sadly let me down with their live show so I would give anything to see them again, hoping they just had an off night or something.  I am enjoying these suggestions and they are opening me up to new bands I have never heard of before.  Thanks guys!

I saw the Bravery in either Aug or Sept in Las Vegas, and I was also disappointed.  It ranked near the bottom of concerts I've been to.  ZERO stage presence and every song ran together.  No spark or energy, even from the popular songs.  It was also an extremely short set.  They were the headliner and thier set was shorter than pretty much every opening band I've seen at other concerts.  Pathetic.  5 songs or so? Less than an hour.  Snoozefest.  It wasnt even about the tempo of the songs either.  Thier songs were neither energetic live nor intimate or stirring in any fashion

yup, that is what we got here too.  ok so I am not the only one who thought that...well that is sad because I was REALLY hoping they were just having an off night.  shoot!
Having U2 set the bar for live shows has made me realize that I can't compare U2 to other live acts but The Bravery have such great material it is hard to fathom why they have no stage presence.  It is really disapointing.
Maybe if they did open for U2 some of that would rub off on them...lol!