Author Topic: Why you love U2  (Read 1830 times)

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
Re: Why you love U2
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Their music is part of the soundtrack of my life. Whatever the season, mood, situation, their music is there.

This.

Also, they're able to make my breath catch in my throat. I was watching R&R HoF anniversary show again, and the "Ooh ooh"s at the beginning of Still Haven't Found...they gave me chills, they made my heart stop, and they brought tears to my eyes. Just those few seconds of Bono's voice did it. And there are many examples of songs that do this to me. It's amazing, and no other band has ever been able to do this to me.

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
Re: Why you love U2
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »
Music has a lot of dimensions and U2 takes it to the truest and most meaningful parts women and men can imagine. It's that indescribable feeling when music reaches that little switch in the back of our hearts and turns it on. And suddenly your not just listening to a song, you become a part of it and it becomes a part of you. It's an experience and suffering that elevates the consciousness and it's an incredible feeling.

The repertoire of songs is to long to mention, and although there's a handful that we all agree on, there's still a very personal attachment to songs that mean something to us individually. But all this without them forgetting who they play for and that's a one of a kind quality you don't find out there. Some play for their record labels, other play for their amex black... U2 plays for the guy singing his hart out and for the other one who just bought his first record and is giving them a chance. for the guy who saw them in a pub in 1980 and the kid bono pulls from the pit onto a moving bridge.

Intimate moments which will stay with us are in deed what makes us love u2.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:41:35 PM by Boy83 »