Author Topic: And then there's BAdam  (Read 375668 times)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
Re: And then there's BAdam
« Reply #1740 on: January 08, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ummmmm........................  :D ;) :P

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #1741 on: January 09, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
I still remember the guy in front of me in Philadelphia giving me a weird look when he read my sign ("BONO, KISS ADAM FOR US!"). He thought I was such a freak. Georgia and I said, "Oh, obviously you havent been to many U2 concerts cuz it like happens all the time." And here we have such beautiful photographic evidence of the truth.

But those goons werent real fans. They only jumped and screamed to songs from The Joshua Tree and AB. They fell silent whenever a song from NLOTH was played. And the one guy's annoying wife tried to push her way into my position on the rail....

Ah, the memories.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #1742 on: January 09, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »
I still remember the guy in front of me in Philadelphia giving me a weird look when he read my sign ("BONO, KISS ADAM FOR US!"). He thought I was such a freak. Georgia and I said, "Oh, obviously you havent been to many U2 concerts cuz it like happens all the time." And here we have such beautiful photographic evidence of the truth.

But those goons werent real fans. They only jumped and screamed to songs from The Joshua Tree and AB. They fell silent whenever a song from NLOTH was played. And the one guy's annoying wife tried to push her way into my position on the rail....

Ah, the memories.

*gah* I always want to smack those rail thieves around. Rails belong to those dedicated enough to line up, back it up b...h!!!

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk out, into a sunburst street...
« Reply #1743 on: January 09, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »
Ugh! I hate those people! After getting my rail spot after lining up all day at one of the Anaheim shows, this guy comes up right before the show and plasters himself to my back.  >:( I turned around and told him BACK OFF NOW in the most scariest way I could muster for someone who's 5'3. LOL! He proceeded to move over and squish up against my daughter. Then I must of looked even more scary when I turned around said SERIOUSLY? Because he looked really scared and disappeared for good.  ;D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #1744 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
Ugh! I hate those people! After getting my rail spot after lining up all day at one of the Anaheim shows, this guy comes up right before the show and plasters himself to my back.  >:( I turned around and told him BACK OFF NOW in the most scariest way I could muster for someone who's 5'3. LOL! He proceeded to move over and squish up against my daughter. Then I must of looked even more scary when I turned around said SERIOUSLY? Because he looked really scared and disappeared for good.  ;D

That's good!! You should always stand your ground. Fortunately, many of the people around you probably saw you in GA all day and would support you. I've seen groups of fans ward off people like this.

The one time that I went to GA at the time the gates opened, I was totally respectful. I knew I wasnt going to get a rail spot and I didnt earn it. So I just drifted over to a position and tried to be polite to my neighbors. :)

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #1745 on: January 09, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »

That's good!! You should always stand your ground. Fortunately, many of the people around you probably saw you in GA all day and would support you. I've seen groups of fans ward off people like this.

The one time that I went to GA at the time the gates opened, I was totally respectful. I knew I wasnt going to get a rail spot and I didnt earn it. So I just drifted over to a position and tried to be polite to my neighbors. :)

Yep exactly  :D I did GA in Oakland without waiting in line, even though I spent the whole day in parking lot wandering around, lol. But once inside we stayed near the back of GA, I wouldn't dream of crowding the people who put in the time in line!

In Moncton we had to defend some kids (young teens, a girl and 2 boys) who were near us in the pit. They were so cute, singing along to every Arcade Fire and every U2 song, but this group of totally rude drunk adults (like 3 men and 3 women) during U2 pushed in and stood right in front of these kids, pushing them completely back where they could no longer see. These people were disgusting, they used their group force to push their way in by us and they could care less that these kids looked heartbroken and couldn't see anymore. My daughter and I grabbed them and pulled them back up to the front by us in front of the rude group. You really do see the worst in people come out sometimes at shows. I just don't get it!  :o

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #1746 on: January 09, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »

Yep exactly  :D I did GA in Oakland without waiting in line, even though I spent the whole day in parking lot wandering around, lol. But once inside we stayed near the back of GA, I wouldn't dream of crowding the people who put in the time in line!

In Moncton we had to defend some kids (young teens, a girl and 2 boys) who were near us in the pit. They were so cute, singing along to every Arcade Fire and every U2 song, but this group of totally rude drunk adults (like 3 men and 3 women) during U2 pushed in and stood right in front of these kids, pushing them completely back where they could no longer see. These people were disgusting, they used their group force to push their way in by us and they could care less that these kids looked heartbroken and couldn't see anymore. My daughter and I grabbed them and pulled them back up to the front by us in front of the rude group. You really do see the worst in people come out sometimes at shows. I just don't get it!  :o

Good on ya! Jerks like that need to be stood up to.

Had a similar deal in GA for the Foo Fighters, there was actually a whole group of us who started talking outside in the queue, a former army guy and his brother, a woman and her 14yo daughter (it was her first concert too, so cute) and me. Anyway, we all queued up for around 2 hours (hahaha, yeah, I know, not exactly U2) and got our spots on the rail left of centre of the stage; everything was cool through the support acts, but once the Foos came on, this little turd from behind squeezed his way in until basically the army dude was behind me, and the mother behind her daughter, and he kept squashing into us particularly the girl. We told him to back up, he argued (even tried to say he was entitled and was there all along ha!), so in the end we just all combined together and squashed him out. He tried to get back in but security came along and narced him.

It's hard to believe the entitled attitude some people have, if you don't have the dedication to line up, you don't bloody deserve to be up the front!

Offline popbonobuzzbaby

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #1747 on: January 10, 2012, 12:09:16 AM »

Good on ya! Jerks like that need to be stood up to.

Had a similar deal in GA for the Foo Fighters, there was actually a whole group of us who started talking outside in the queue, a former army guy and his brother, a woman and her 14yo daughter (it was her first concert too, so cute) and me. Anyway, we all queued up for around 2 hours (hahaha, yeah, I know, not exactly U2) and got our spots on the rail left of centre of the stage; everything was cool through the support acts, but once the Foos came on, this little turd from behind squeezed his way in until basically the army dude was behind me, and the mother behind her daughter, and he kept squashing into us particularly the girl. We told him to back up, he argued (even tried to say he was entitled and was there all along ha!), so in the end we just all combined together and squashed him out. He tried to get back in but security came along and narced him.

It's hard to believe the entitled attitude some people have, if you don't have the dedication to line up, you don't bloody deserve to be up the front!

Ooh that sounds like the same guy at one of our U2 shows! Same situation, and he said something like this is a rock and roll show, he could do whatever he wanted and didn't have to behave civilized, or something like that.  :o Some people!

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #1748 on: January 10, 2012, 04:32:32 AM »
Ooh that sounds like the same guy at one of our U2 shows! Same situation, and he said something like this is a rock and roll show, he could do whatever he wanted and didn't have to behave civilized, or something like that.  :o Some people!

What a scumsucker. If you have the right to do anything you like at a gig, then we also have the right to punch you in the face and/or reproductive system. :P

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #1749 on: January 10, 2012, 06:26:07 AM »

What a scumsucker. If you have the right to do anything you like at a gig, then we also have the right to punch you in the face and/or reproductive system. :P

At least twice   ;D >:(

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #1750 on: January 10, 2012, 07:00:54 AM »

+1 x1000!!

And, note to self: Go to concerts with KitCat. Sounds like she can kick some serious scumsucker butt.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #1751 on: January 10, 2012, 08:03:31 AM »

+1 x1000!!

And, note to self: Go to concerts with KitCat. Sounds like she can kick some serious scumsucker butt.

LOL, I was a security guard back in the day. ;D

Plus, I'd love to go to concerts with all you girls; I say we all invade Dublin next tour ;)

Offline bgirl

• Stateless
« Reply #1752 on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
So jealous of your rail stories,  my ever sweet,well meaning...but clueless hubby bought me tickets to the Pittsburgh show, the first day they went on sale.  But he bought us seat tickets,  because he thought I wouldn't like to stand for the whole show and be pushed around by  such a large crowd :-) gotta love him ,next u2 concert I'm getting the tickets!:-) at least I was front row for Joshua tree many many years ago :)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #1753 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
U2 crowds are fairly tame. There's occasional jerky people but the fans seem to come together to put a stop to pushy people who havent earned their right to be on the rail. I loved all my GA experiences. Even when I was in the middle of the pit (not on any rail, just surrounded by people). It's always fun cuz you can see all the guys quite well no matter where you're standing in there. You feel like the whole show is being put on just for you. :)

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #1754 on: January 14, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login